Those moments!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had someone flag me down and ask me if I had seen the FedEx guy. Umm...no?

This is why I never stop when someone tries to flag me down.

I received an ODS yesterday asking me to call and meet a customer on road. I replied that I do not meet customers on road as I have had issues in the past with having to wait for them to show up at the meet point or not even showing up at all.

Mr.Golden

After pulling up to a busy Shopping Center, as you are starting to get out of the truck, a random person walks up asking if you work for UPS?

Lol or better yet when u deliver a pkg to a guard and they have to call someone to get their pkg. " hey jade I have a pkg for you coming from......*looks at you* UPS." In my head I'm like what other company wears a brown uniform....the hell man

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Commit time always earlier than the regular pick up time of course.

I used to just close out ODPs as non-pickup/canceled if they had a scheduled pickup so they didn't get double billed but my on-car said to take credit and close it out when doing the scheduled pickup.

If I get an ODP for one of my pickups and its marked as closing before they actually close I send it back to have them fix the time, they fix it and I do it when doing the daily pickup as instructed.

I also often get ODPs for non-scheduled pickup businesses and some dummy will mess up the entry and mark them as closing at like noon when I know they're always open to 6. I get these changed too if I know they never close early and it's not a holiday.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I used to just close out ODPs as non-pickup/canceled if they had a scheduled pickup so they didn't get double billed but my on-car said to take credit and close it out when doing the scheduled pickup.

If I get an ODP for one of my pickups and its marked as closing before they actually close I send it back to have them fix the time, they fix it and I do it when doing the daily pickup as instructed.

I also often get ODPs for non-scheduled pickup businesses and some dummy will mess up the entry and mark them as closing at like noon when I know they're always open to 6. I get these changed too if I know they never close early and it's not a holiday.

The commit times will vary depending upon how the OCA is inititated. It will be a lot earlier if it is done through ups.com and much later if done through the toll free number.

Mr.Golden

Just about all week you drove the same pkg car (new automatics) until Friday morning you walk to your pkg car to see that they changed it to a non power steering truck.

Mr.Golden

The look on your face when u have one stop left and somehow you end up getting stuck on the dirt road. Too bad it's an automatic.

Mr.Golden

It only been two months and you start to see your shoes leaning but you don't feel bad cause another driver look like theirs leaning on the ankles

FilingBluesFL

Those moments when you sheet up Not In, at 3 apartment residents. As youre leaving the complex you see 3 people running after you waving their info notice in the air. And a random guy comes over asking about a package that's not even in your truck.

A nice looking spanish gal was kind enough to do this for me one day.... in a nice white towel because she was in the shower when I was knocking....

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I remember long before I started working at UPS, I was living in an apartment building on the 5th floor. I ordered a bench press machine that weighed about 130 ibs. One evening while I was waiting for it to come, I heard the doorbell ringing. I answered it asking who it was and I heard "UPS,come down for your package". When I got downstairs, I collected the package from the UPS guy and he didnt even offer to help me bring it upstairs to my apartment.