Why shouldn't we strike?

Makes sense. I was responding to Dave's comment about only getting pension credit for straight time. But I agree if we all had $500 a week to invest we would be a lot better off at retirement.

I've never seen an accounting sheet and since I work more than 2080 hours a year I guess it doesn't matter too much.
I would definitely have a lot more money

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I do remember getting one. All I can remember is it talking about our plan being 97% funded and then the long complicated formula they use for determining your monthly pension payment. I'll have to pay more attention the to the next one that comes.
Pretty important sheet, friend.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I do remember getting one. All I can remember is it talking about our plan being 97% funded and then the long complicated formula they use for determining your monthly pension payment. I'll have to pay more attention the to the next one that comes.

The annual statement that I am referring to should show you how many vested years you have in the pension fund and how many pension credit hours you earned the previous year.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Copied from the Western Region Supplemental Agreement.

Pension contributions payable into the Western Conference of
Teamsters Pension Trust Fund on account of each part-time and
full-time employee of the bargaining unit shall be paid for each hour
for which compensation was paid (all compensable hours) up to a
maximum of 2080 hours per calendar year.

I'm not the smartest person but I believe overtime hours are considered compensable.
Yep... Says nothing about 1040 hours to max out for a part timer....so all of those double shifts and air driving hours will count big time when I get out of this hell hole

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Makes sense. I was responding to Dave's comment about only getting pension credit for straight time. But I agree if we all had $500 a week to invest we would be a lot better off at retirement.

I've never seen an accounting sheet and since I work more than 2080 hours a year I guess it doesn't matter too much.
You could invest that over the years and if you started early enough be multi millionaire

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's to separate plans. And you only get a fixed dollar amount for part time hours, just as long as you meet the minimum hours. The whole pension thing makes me I'll. Currently UPS is paying $502 a week into our plan and we will only see a fraction if it.

We had a big player pull out of our plan, for the short term it will make the funding percentage look better. They had to pay a large exit fee.

I guess I'll see what happens. Just keep saving and hope I stay healthy enough to work.
You can come live with me..get one of those little houses... Put it in the corner of my backyard ...run an extension cord and hose out to it..