Why shouldn't we strike?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The part time pension here is administered by UPS and has nothing to do with the Teamsters. If an employee has less than 5 years they get nothing and the company keeps the money or it just stays in the plan. And that's less that they have to contribute in the future.
So in your area you start out pt at 25 and it takes you 10 years to go driving which puts you at 35... Now your 30 and out starts and you have to go to 65 to retire???lol good luck with that...here all pt and full time is same... It all counts toward the 80 and out...the way it should be!!

So in your area you start out pt at 25 and it takes you 10 years to go driving which puts you at 35... Now your 30 and out starts and you have to go to 65 to retire???lol good luck with that...here all pt and full time is same... It all counts toward the 80 and out...the way it should be!!
No it counts for ypur 30 and out. Just two different pension plans

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Sounds like my kind of people.

We received a lot of support locally in '97. Would not happen in '18.
Why?? No matter how much we make there is a large percentage of people who are sick and tired of corporations, lying cheating, sending jobs overseas and laying people off... Tired of them thrashing the environment, skirting taxes and the huge bonuses that their CEOs and suits make....it's a joke that there hasn't been a mutiny yet

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Here our PT and FT years are combined; however, the more PT years that you have, the lower your FT pension will be.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why?? No matter how much we make there is a large percentage of people who are sick and tired of corporations, lying cheating, sending jobs overseas and laying people off... Tired of them thrashing the environment, skirting taxes and the huge bonuses that their CEOs and suits make....it's a joke that there hasn't been a mutiny yet

All they will see is a bunch of (overpaid) crybabies who don't pay a dime toward their healthcare sitting on the side of the road complaining about being overworked.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So if I start pt for 10 years and want to go full time I can do 20 in packages then get out???

Our pension is 30 years of service and minimum of age 55.

I think the PT years are credited at 6 months for FT pension purposes so, in your example, you would have to do 25 years FT to get a full pension. You could leave at 30 years but would receive a reduced pension.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Here our PT and FT years are combined; however, the more PT years that you have, the lower your FT pension will be.
Here it is usually 2 years pt = 1 full time credit... That's why I tell pt'ers to work as much ot as they can because that will help tremendously toward your pension..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
PTers here need 500 hours for a full year of pension credit.

Pension contributions are paid for straight time only----I don't know if they get additional contributions if they double shift.
In the western conference the contract says pt can go to 2080 hours...in theory a full pension point...