You know you're a UPS driver if...

sportsjock

DR bags and baby wipes are my best friend. I make sure I keep a roll of DR bags and a white postal tote....lol

Sent using BrownCafe App

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
You know you're a UPS driver if...

When parking your personal car, you grab at the dash to shift or reach under the left side for the parking brake.

You find yourself waving when you pass FedEx or Postal trucks... in your personal car.

By habit you turn on your 4-ways or hit the horn when parking your own car.

You cringe when you see someone nosedive into a parking space.

When riding in a car with anyone you know, their driving sucks, really bad.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
-When eating lunch at home on the weekends, you declare you will not interact with anyone for the next 1/2 hour.
-You realize your personal wardrobe consists of 2 outfits.
-When you meet your wife's friends for the first time and they say to her, "Wow, you really are married."
-Your wife and kids are barely in the car, and you release the brakes and haul ass up the street.
-You become a master at cardboard origami and can easily make: sun visors, cup holders and cushions.
-You've developed the inappropriate habit of acknowledging everyone as dude, man, bro, boss or dog (even your kid's teachers).
-Drink out of total strangers' garden hoses.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You've developed the inappropriate habit of acknowledging everyone as dude, man, bro, boss or dog (even your kid's teachers).

I will always address a customer as "sir" or "ma'am" until I know them well enough to use their name. It drives me crazy when I have receivers or customers that I see everyday call me "boss", "chief" or "pal", even when I remind them what my name is. Calling someone "boss" is rude and tells me that you don't really care what their name is.

Z

ZQXC

.....it freaks me when I suddenly encounter one of my customers at the wrong business ( not their own )

usually struggle for a name in that situation

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I will always address a customer as "sir" or "ma'am" until I know them well enough to use their name. It drives me crazy when I have receivers or customers that I see everyday call me "boss", "chief" or "pal", even when I remind them what my name is. Calling someone "boss" is rude and tells me that you don't really care what their name is.

Okay Sport.

PeasAndCarrots

Just a few off the top of my head:
1) When you hear your wife telling the kids, "No, don't touch!" and you think or say outloud "Leave area, notify supervisor."

2) Your automatic transmission personal vehicle changes to a stick shift for the first 5 minutes of me getting off of work.

3) Your hands look like a dirty chalkboard when you get off work.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

When I was a correctional officer, the convicts used BOSS all the time, drove me nuts after I found out it was a form of disrespect by them. "Hey boss...meaning Big Ole' Sack of Sh*t". I still grit my teeth when someone calls me that.

Socrates

If you've heard "This box isn't ticking, is it?" about 100 times.....in the last week

When house shopping, the first thing you look for is a safe place to DR packages

If you got highly confused the first time seeing the "Guarantee" line on you paycheck

When you shave twice a week and wear tennis shoes, because nobody gives you :censored2: any more

You can load your entire house up in a 20 foot U-Haul, making one trip, instead of the 3 trips it used to take

You know about 3,204 last names and 100 first names

You bro-nod and wave at any other truck driver on the road

You guys already said all the good ones :biggrin:

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
-You bark at customers' dogs, and they go away.
-You use a bull clip as your wallet.
-You master the art of using your ups pen as the best Swiss Army knife: box cutter, coffee stirrer, fork, q-tip.
-You never worry about closed businesses, because you WILL find a way to deliver it, and not be dishonest.
-You've learned to wave and smile, before the pissed off customer gets a word in.
-2 taps on your horn are more effective than a 1 finger gesture.
-You DJ your radio, in order to create ambiance conducive to making your customers want to help.