14 day quarantine pay. I may need it.

zimbomb

I've had the flu plenty of times and never taken 10 days off work for it. If people want the time off, go for it, it's a nice benefit we usually don't get.
This is not the flu. No one has immunity with existing antibodies. Reports of asymptomatic and extremely mild cases are prevalent. No one knows how contagious those individual are. Do you understand exponential growth rates? Do you understand there is a ceiling to the healthcare systems capacity? Every measure taken today to limit the run on hospitals directly increases the survivability of a patient. You don't want this, you don't want to spread it to other's. Your statement is extremely selfish and plain ridiculous.

M

MenInBrown

Isn’t it 3 days pay plus 7 days of short term disability.
You’re better off being told by a doctor to quarantine, or have a family member get it.
If you get it, you get less folks.

I think the short term disability is for after the 14 days?

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
This is not the flu. No one has immunity with existing antibodies. Reports of asymptomatic and extremely mild cases are prevalent. No one knows how contagious those individual are. Do you understand exponential growth rates? Do you understand there is a ceiling to the healthcare systems capacity? Every measure taken today to limit the run on hospitals directly increases the survivability of a patient. You don't want this, you don't want to spread it to other's. Your statement is extremely selfish and plain ridiculous.
A4EE62FE-5312-42FD-8505-1640DC9067DF.png

Thought this was pretty interesting and a visual for those who like charts and graphs and :censored2:.

MattM

The agreement that the com and the Teamsters was 40 hours pay for two weeks for full timers not sure about the part timers
I’m western region 177. Like a prior post here stated, there’s a graphic that shows if you get it, they put us on disability after 3 days. Not sure if that is region specific.
800w_paidleave1_v4-jpg.287104

That’s still showing up on my current upsers website.

Pay wise, it’s 8hrs for 10 days for FT, and 3.5 hrs for 10 days for PT.

14 sounds like a pipe dream

mandated to quarantine is the key words. One needs to use video chat with a doctor or an actual note, or call that ups number to get approval. It all sounds like a mess. If one feels well, just show up.

MattM

Speaking of actually feeling sick. Does one know the national number? Or do we deal with a local supervisor? I’m currently tending to my older parents with visitations and food drop offs. If they fall to illness, I’d like to know what recourse I have. I swear I saw a photo graphic of a National ups. number to call

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Get a grip buddy.
SMH.

ManInBrown

I don’t think the fever will come and go. The cough is a really dry cough. Anyone correct me if I’m wrong, but if you have a runny nose then you do not have corona? You should just contact your local health department and let them know what’s going on. I think we are covered if health officials quarantine you.
I believe runny nose is a symptom. The more prevalent symptoms are headache and cough combined with low grade fever in the beginning,

tramtwo

This is the UPS number you need to call after you submit your team care form for those in Central States.. it times out at 40 minutes and hangs up on you. Round two... I just keep reminding myself that UPS cares about me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200323-114257.png
    Screenshot_20200323-114257.png
    447.4 KB · Views: 139

tramtwo

Lets try this

So you have to download a 6-page form printed fill the form out longhand then converted back into an electronic document that you have to email along with any other supporting documentation. These guys are geniuses out of taking something simple and making it almost impossibly complicated. This must be run by the Orion Department.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200323-115417.png
    Screenshot_20200323-115417.png
    343 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

iruhnman630

Yup, I need it.

I still do not qualify for testing but both Teledoc and the doctor at the local hospital testing center officially suspect I am positive.

Box Ox

I believe runny nose is a symptom. The more prevalent symptoms are headache and cough combined with low grade fever in the beginning,

Runny nose and cough are also symptoms of seasonal allergies. And the pollen is flying here in the south.

If you don't have immediate access to a thermometer, take your allergy meds and see if you've still got symptoms, folks!

iruhnman630

So after all the talk from the Teamcare Teledoc doctor about how I almost certainly have it, she wrote up the diagnosis as 'cough' and gave me a 3 day excuse, the maximum they are allowed to give.

The doctor who did my phone screening for the hospital testing center also said I am suspected positive but was low risk so no test, but self quarantine until 72 hours after symptoms.

And of course, UPS needs a positive diagnosis for the paid leave.

I dont care about the money, but obviously cant let the benefits lapse right now. This is gonna be a headache

iruhnman630

For those wondering, Im just dealing with a dry cough right now. And yes I did sneeze quite a bit Saturday night so sneezing is a part of it.

What differentiates this from my typical cold is I would expect to be stuffed and congested at this point and wheezing and hacking up phlegm. The pattern of symptoms is definitely different