14 day quarantine pay. I may need it.

ManInBrown

So after all the talk from the Teamcare Teledoc doctor about how I almost certainly have it, she wrote up the diagnosis as 'cough' and gave me a 3 day excuse, the maximum they are allowed to give.

The doctor who did my phone screening for the hospital testing center also said I am suspected positive but was low risk so no test, but self quarantine until 72 hours after symptoms.

And of course, UPS needs a positive diagnosis for the paid leave.

I dont care about the money, but obviously cant let the benefits lapse right now. This is gonna be a headache
What do you mean? The announcement on UPSers clearly says if you test positive, if someone in your house tests positive, or if you are directed to quarantine you are eligible. Doesn’t say anything about needing a positive test.

iruhnman630

I do have the documentation of the visit which doesnt specifically say diagnosis:covid but does have the covid info all over it.

I really hope they dont deny people and let their pay and coverage lapse when it could be most needed.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I do have the documentation of the visit which doesnt specifically say diagnosis:covid but does have the covid info all over it.

I really hope they dont deny people and let their pay and coverage lapse when it could be most needed.
You’re dealing with ups hr .. They suck

iruhnman630

The form has about 9 different yes/no questions which I assume qualify for the pay.

You dont need to be diagnosed, just forced into quarantine

barnyard

KTM rider
Unless you’re over 60, have been out of the country, or have a underlying health condition, you will never get approval for the test.
My youngest daughter was tested last week Wednesday. Friday night, her doctor called back to say the test was negative. She was in a meeting with 3 people that had gotten back positive tests after the meeting.

tramtwo

Asked for 7 days they're forcing 10 on me. I'll take it. Instead of backdating it two days before I went to the doctor they pushed it forward 3. Now the fight to get my option days put back begins.

My supporting document was the Dr. signed Teamcare form. I guess I'll need another note releasing me for duty with no restrictions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200326-174431~2.png
    Screenshot_20200326-174431~2.png
    591.1 KB · Views: 174
Thanks. I got in on the front end of this thing. I was taken out of service because of an abundance of caution. My new favorite phrase. In my case on this issue the company's doing right by me.
The truth is

Management doesn't want you to infect other people

They enjoy breaking the contract all of the time by doing union work

Obviously.a pandemic stops that practice..

ManInBrown

Asked for 7 days they're forcing 10 on me. I'll take it. Instead of backdating it two days before I went to the doctor they pushed it forward 3. Now the fight to get my option days put back begins.

My supporting document was the Dr. signed Teamcare form. I guess I'll need another note releasing me for duty with no restrictions.
Did that come via email to you?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So after all the talk from the Teamcare Teledoc doctor about how I almost certainly have it, she wrote up the diagnosis as 'cough' and gave me a 3 day excuse, the maximum they are allowed to give.

The doctor who did my phone screening for the hospital testing center also said I am suspected positive but was low risk so no test, but self quarantine until 72 hours after symptoms.

And of course, UPS needs a positive diagnosis for the paid leave.

I dont care about the money, but obviously cant let the benefits lapse right now. This is gonna be a headache
Where did it say you needed a positive test?

doctor quarantine should get you paid

542thruNthru

Where did it say you needed a positive test?

doctor quarantine should get you paid

Yes, but a question another member asked me is.

If they are paid the 10 days now for quarantine and don't have it. What happens if they get it a month from then?

I would assume you only get the 10 days once. Wondering if anyone else has heard differently.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yes, but a question another member asked me is.

If they are paid the 10 days now for quarantine and don't have it. What happens if they get it a month from then?

I would assume you only get the 10 days once. Wondering if anyone else has heard differently.
I’m sure that’s what ups thinks too but the job constantly exposes us. As long as they are actively trying to stop the spread we should get paid for any medically directed quarantine.

542thruNthru

I’m sure that’s what ups thinks too but the job constantly exposes us. As long as they are actively trying to stop the spread we should get paid for any medically directed quarantine.

I agree with you that we should but I don't see it happening unless negotiated.

It's something I'm sure we'll find out about sooner or later.

I agree with you that we should but I don't see it happening unless negotiated.

It's something I'm sure we'll find out about sooner or later.
And listen negotiate some protection for the employees in case another emergency happens besides some half-ass zero plan besides quarantine the supervisors that's the most important *

Last edited by a moderator: