2/11 Memphis ice

floridays

People demand that policy be followed except when they don't like it.
You be the type manager you choose to be, policy does not dictate you deny.

Be a prick, it's on you. You seem to like, even push an adversarial relationship with employees. How's that working for you?

HedleyLamarr

Is freight moving? Or will pups still be stored at the ramp for a few days?
Well, I was up to a whopping 60 deliveries today! And just about all of them were from last week. Seeing those King Cakes going down the belt was a bit sad.
Drop boxes are opening extra early as they are trying to pull our truck 2 hours earlier.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You be the type manager you choose to be, policy does not dictate you deny.

Be a prick, it's on you. You seem to like, even push an adversarial relationship with employees. How's that working for you?
I don't know what you're babbling about but life is great, having a great time, wish you were here.

MassWineGuy

Well, freight did look somewhat more substantial today. The FedEx Office store on my route had lots more than yesterday. Looks like Memphis is beginning to thin down.

SmithBarney

Still down 30% Still Delivering last weeks packages Weds, Thursday and Friday... whats going on, I know Memphis was in trouble with the weather but now what... our managers "seem" to have not a clue.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We have a start time of 1120. WTF??? How can we run a business like this? I have a company still waiting on their paychecks from last week. These are people living paycheck to paycheck. Even FedEx people are waiting on paychecks from last week. This is getting ridiculous now. They told us yesterday morning that staffing in Memphis is at 70%. Where is everyone else? Snow is melted. What is the problem now with staffing?

McFeely

Huge Member
Still down 30% Still Delivering last weeks packages Weds, Thursday and Friday... whats going on, I know Memphis was in trouble with the weather but now what... our managers "seem" to have not a clue.

Same here. I’m taking everything out that I get including all futures, but still have about 90+ stops on my manifest that haven’t showed up.
2 hour late start for us today.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I’ve been retired for seven years now. Still feel sorry for you guys. Sounds like it’s gone from bad to worse.

What a cluster friend.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
We have a start time of 1120. WTF??? How can we run a business like this? I have a company still waiting on their paychecks from last week. These are people living paycheck to paycheck. Even FedEx people are waiting on paychecks from last week. This is getting ridiculous now. They told us yesterday morning that staffing in Memphis is at 70%. Where is everyone else? Snow is melted. What is the problem now with staffing?
Probably don't pay enough. They are hiring in Chicago. You have to pass a drug test and background check. Paying at 14.77. These guys would rather work elsewhere where they can smoke weed.

Flaco50

Just wondering how many of you guys have to call station voicemail every AM for your start time? Im at my 4th station, this is the only 1 where we go by a schedule and go to a delay if freights late.