2022 step increase

El Morado Diablo

Hold on. Are you saying the company sent managers an email about step raises this year? If so, it’s a well guarded secret.

We were told last week they hadn't heard anything about raises. The typical time frame when they are announced is late August/early September.

They think there will be a pay action since management is getting their AIC bonus. They usually don't get one if the hourlies don't get a pay bump.

!Retired!

Hold on. Are you saying the company sent managers an email about step raises this year? If so, it’s a well guarded secret.
It's been my experience that any communication from upper management to the managers WILL filter down to the couriers.......you can take that to the bank.

Buhryein

We were told they would be getting the info to pass along to us the first week of August, however they have said that info hasn't shown up yet.

floridays

It's been my experience that any communication from upper management to the managers WILL filter down to the couriers.......you can take that to the bank.
Not being a prick, legitimate question,
How's retirement going for you?
It's a huge change when one is used to going to a job or anything equivalent.

Disclaimer,
I don't give a :poop: how you got there a your tender age.

!Retired!

You mean when managers know something they tend to tell their workgroup? Wow… what a revelation.

My manager keeps me informed?
Kinda like that?
No....I mean the email says not to tell anyone. But, the manager will tell ONE person and the whole station knows.
Not being a prick, legitimate question,
How's retirement going for you?
It's a huge change when one is used to going to a job or anything equivalent.

Disclaimer,
I don't give a :poop: how you got there a your tender age.
Funny....I was just talking with someone this morning I haven't seen in a year about that. I honestly don't miss work one bit. At times, it's even hard to believe I climbed in and out of those trucks for so long. It's all a blur. I do miss a bunch, but not all, of the people.

But the best part? My wife and I are going to NY for my mom's 90th birthday and staying for Thanksgiving week. That's something I would never have been able to do if I kept working.

Also, I have enough crap for me to do around the house to keep me busy for a while....and my 2 dogs, 3 cats and 10 Koi fish keep me company

Aquaman

We were told they would be getting the info to pass along to us the first week of August, however they have said that info hasn't shown up yet.
They weren’t told anything. They made that up so you guys would leave them alone for a bit. Now they’ll think of another new lie to shut you up. Don’t you know how FedEx works? Lol

Aquaman

I, too, doubt that ops managers have received any information re: pay increases. I don’t even think district managers are told much.
Well district managers and above do not believe there is a pay problem. So they likely never think about it. Do you think about things that aren’t issues at work? Neither do they. It’s a non issue to them. Not only will they tell you starting pay is competitive… but they also believe pay progression is competitive. That’s how you really know they’re insane. They think a 20 year progression is right up there lol.

yadig

FedEx has to many chiefs and not enough Indians, hope I didn’t offend any snow flakes! Lol. We’ve got to consolidate and get productive or no raises for ground or express.

Maui

Well district managers and above do not believe there is a pay problem. So they likely never think about it. Do you think about things that aren’t issues at work? Neither do they. It’s a non issue to them. Not only will they tell you starting pay is competitive… but they also believe pay progression is competitive. That’s how you really know they’re insane. They think a 20 year progression is right up there lol.
I don't think this is true. At least in my personal experience with MDs. It might be true of those that have been directors for decades, but this newer group has basically worked with 💩 pay their entire careers from hourly through the ranks. I know MDs that have been advocating, even before the current staffing crisis, to lower the number of steps and fix pay problems.

VPs and above say pay is competitive and I think some do believe it, but it's their job to say that whether they think it or not.

Aquaman

Not to argue, but that can't possibly be true according to this board.
Lowering the number of steps and “fixing” pay problems does nothing if they are inconsistent. They can make it a two step progression for all I care… it means nothing if they pause the plan & give 2% year after year. This company needs to prioritize employees during years they can’t. That’s how they get their morale back. That’s how they make hiring easier. Giving 2% during record profit pandemic years is how you kill a company.

SmithBarney

That’s how they make hiring easier...
Exactly, we use to have 200 people apply for one position, now we're lucky to get 20 people to apply for 30+ we have open. and the ones that show up aren't exactly the cream of the crop and we've got nothing to pick from, if they last 6 mo its a miracle