2022 step increase

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Yet you sty a courier.......why not become a manager and 'take it easy' for the rest of you time there?

:thumbup:
Because some people refuse to compromise their integrity by selling their moral code in exchange for 'taking it easy'. Selling your soul to the devil is distasteful at best.

But I agree, people who know themselves and their own values know they're not losing any value in the exchange, if you know what I mean.

Maui

Lowering the number of steps and “fixing” pay problems does nothing if they are inconsistent. They can make it a two step progression for all I care… it means nothing if they pause the plan & give 2% year after year. This company needs to prioritize employees during years they can’t. That’s how they get their morale back. That’s how they make hiring easier. Giving 2% during record profit pandemic years is how you kill a company.
Well it wouldn’t be “fixed” if there’s no integrity in raises. What I’ve heard is that steps would occur every year regardless of other considerations like VMX and ACMX. With the exception of topped out employees the last year of 2% was 2020.

I’ve heard 2 years of record profits from many people, but FY20 was a bad year. Revenue was down slightly, margin down 300 basis points, and op income was down 40%!

FY21 and FY22 were record profit and I do think raises should have been more last year. The random premiums and increases bear that out. We don’t yet know what’s happening this year. This is the second year with those profits and we will find out by next month for raises.

Aquaman

Well it wouldn’t be “fixed” if there’s no integrity in raises. What I’ve heard is that steps would occur every year regardless of other considerations like VMX and ACMX. With the exception of topped out employees the last year of 2% was 2020.

I’ve heard 2 years of record profits from many people, but FY20 was a bad year. Revenue was down slightly, margin down 300 basis points, and op income was down 40%!

FY21 and FY22 were record profit and I do think raises should have been more last year. The random premiums and increases bear that out. We don’t yet know what’s happening this year. This is the second year with those profits and we will find out by next month for raises.
This raise is an important one. It’s going to be a big indicator of the future of express.

Maui

We’re waiting, @59 Dunno.
The first thing is FedEx corp has to make money, which it’s fine every year of operation. Not just that, but unless a minimum funding is approved early in the year it HAS to be more than the previous year to even get $1.

The biggest part what % is funded. Then it’s your position eligibility and your individual performance. FedEx bonuses mostly suck for Seniors and below. Too many years of $0 or piddling payouts.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The first thing is FedEx corp has to make money, which it’s fine every year of operation. Not just that, but unless a minimum funding is approved early in the year it HAS to be more than the previous year to even get $1.

The biggest part what % is funded. Then it’s your position eligibility and your individual performance. FedEx bonuses mostly suck for Seniors and below. Too many years of $0 or piddling payouts.
Thank you.

Aquaman

I’m seriously tired of this company acting like it’s not making money. FedEx makes PLENTY of profit. It’s just under no obligation to give it to hourlies. All they care about is growth. And they’re going to run into the same problem Netflix is running into…. There’s only so many households in America. At some point, you can’t grow anymore. There are competitors in the shipping game. UPS, DHL, Amazon, USPS… at some point you can no longer base the entire health of a company on growth. We’re getting close to that wall. Households are only ever going to order so much online. International markets are only ever going to get so big. This company makes a ridiculous amount of profit. Idc what the growth looks like year to year. This is a money factory. I’m tired of the “we can’t give out, what we don’t have” BS.

Maui

I’m seriously tired of this company acting like it’s not making money. FedEx makes PLENTY of profit. It’s just under no obligation to give it to hourlies. All they care about is growth. And they’re going to run into the same problem Netflix is running into…. There’s only so many households in America. At some point, you can’t grow anymore. There are competitors in the shipping game. UPS, DHL, Amazon, USPS… at some point you can no longer base the entire health of a company on growth. We’re getting close to that wall. Households are only ever going to order so much online. International markets are only ever going to get so big. This company makes a ridiculous amount of profit. Idc what the growth looks like year to year. This is a money factory. I’m tired of the “we can’t give out, what we don’t have” BS.
I mostly agree with you on profit. FedEx has never lost money for a full year. Using adjusted earnings FedEx made $6.87b last year. There’s plenty of money to pay employees. And adequate bonuses for those eligible. Just not as profitable as UPS.

There’s enormous growth possible in shipping around the world. There are also other ways to generate revenue that FedEx could utilize.

floridays

As @Fred's Myth, I thank you as well.

Your response leads to another question, two parts, taking into consideration the stipulation we are speaking of frontline managers. I assumed that was the major contention.

What determines exactly which management positions are eligible and what are the performance criteria used in this determination?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Because some people refuse to compromise their integrity by selling their moral code in exchange for 'taking it easy'. Selling your soul to the devil is distasteful at best.
That's a first, refusing to take an easy job because doing so is immoral.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You don't seem to understand.

Many will not take an easy job because they actually have morals.
Interesting.

"It's wrong for them to work us too hard!"
Take an easy position that pays well.
"NO it's also wrong to have an easy job!"

I love this place.

Aquaman

You don't seem to understand.

Many will not take an easy job because they actually have morals.
I’m an RTD… I already took an easy job. I would never be a manager because I have no interest in more hours, fixed pay, and being responsible for an entire workgroup that hates the company. I make close to manager pay, work 40 hours a week, get overtime after 8, and only responsible for myself. I’m not becoming a manager just so I can feel like I’m “applying myself” haha.

floridays

Interesting.

"It's wrong for them to work us too hard!"
Take an easy position that pays well.
"NO it's also wrong to have an easy job!"

I love this place.
I have said none of that.
Once again, a non responsive answer. Deal with me when we correspond.

I speak for myself.

floridays

I’m an RTD… I already took an easy job. I would never be a manager because I have no interest in more hours, fixed pay, and being responsible for an entire workgroup that hates the company. I make close to manager pay, work 40 hours a week, get overtime after 8, and only responsible for myself. I’m not becoming a manager just so I can feel like I’m “applying myself” haha.
It seems you miss the context.

Maui

As @Fred's Myth, I thank you as well.

Your response leads to another question, two parts, taking into consideration the stipulation we are speaking of frontline managers. I assumed that was the major contention.

What determines exactly which management positions are eligible and what are the performance criteria used in this determination?
It’s not just managers, but all “salary” employees including some exempt hourly positions. The job title/pay grade is eligible for everyone that holds it.

floridays

It’s not just managers, but all “salary” employees including some exempt hourly positions. The job title/pay grade is eligible for everyone that holds it.
That is a partial answer.

The folk on this platform are predominately concerned with frontline manager bonuses.

Concerning the criteria for frontline manager bonuses, this is the merit criteria.......

I'm only searching for answers, you seem to be responsive to questions and I thank you.

Take note @59 Dano the correct way to respond and have credibility.