2022 step increase

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
FedEx has so far been suspiciously silent about any raises this year. If they don't give a pay step, they should be ashamed of themselves. They will actually deserve whatever happens to them in their future. Like I've said, if they're around 5 years from now, I'll be shocked. And if they aren't around anymore, we can all look back and say we knew it was over for them when they refused to give raises to their employees and most people just left for other jobs. It all started in 2020 with their 2% BS.
I agree wholeheartedly with everything you say here but to make a correction to your last sentence, the BS and the crappy or non-existent raises started long before 2020.

Frank888

Interesting post! Obviously from the Union’s perspective safety is multitudes more important than fabricated production numbers. Also, isn’t it elementary external motivation that any production bonuses should go to the workers instead of a random manager? There should be more transparency about the Manager Incentive Program and we should know more information about this, especially when they cry about not meeting a quota. I'm wondering who gets the bonus? How much is the bonus? What numbers do they have to reach to receive this bonus money?

purplelife

Interesting post! Obviously from the Union’s perspective safety is multitudes more important than fabricated production numbers. Also, isn’t it elementary external motivation that any production bonuses should go to the workers instead of a random manager? There should be more transparency about the Manager Incentive Program and we should know more information about this, especially when they cry about not meeting a quota. I'm wondering who gets the bonus? How much is the bonus? What numbers do they have to reach to receive this bonus money?
Most exempt employees can receive a bonus.
Bonuses is based on salary for employee, I've seen from 0 to 30k at senior manager level.
It's based on service numbers, sfa, accident and injury rates, overtime, spending and expenses, productivity numbers. What is determined by can change every year but will generally have most of those items.

SmithBarney

Bonuses is based on salary for employee, I've seen from 0 to 30k at senior manager level.
It's based on service numbers, sfa, accident and injury rates, overtime, spending and expenses, productivity numbers. What is determined by can change every year but will generally have most of those items.
two of our OpsMgrs got 20+k MIP definitely wasn't for over production, but more for keeping fdx alive.

purplelife

two of our OpsMgrs got 20+k MIP definitely wasn't for over production, but more for keeping fdx alive.
They would have to have been around for awhile to get that amount to get that amount left year. Doable for sure.
The metrics have real number but you score yourself on them so if you can justify why you missed you can still get the whole amount.

purplelife

Last year was a bit unusual for bonus funding, in all my years I've never seen it over 100% funded and it was at 150%. The best I saw was years ago at 100%, so those bonuses last year weren't typical. Like this year was the lowest in awhile and a quarter of last years.

Aquaman

So basically they get bonuses for everything everyone else does. If I’m safe on road… why am I not the one getting a bonus. If I consistently make service all year, why am I not getting a bonus. A senior manager has nothing to do with productivity lol.

SmithBarney

And how do you know this # ?
Either I hacked into the payroll system, found a paystub, or am close enough to have discussed it. You pick...
They would have to have been around for awhile to get that amount to get that amount left year. Doable for sure.
The metrics have real number but you score yourself on them so if you can justify why you missed you can still get the whole amount.
One is17+yrs, one is 10yrs... guess it depends I suppose.

Buhryein

The Ramp Drivers told me we are getting “something.”
Unfortunately when we get something if it's less than the rate of inflation we are taking a pay cut, it wouldn't be the first time. Fingers crossed but not expecting anything

Aquaman

Unfortunately when we get something if it's less than the rate of inflation we are taking a pay cut, it wouldn't be the first time. Fingers crossed but not expecting anything
The goal of this company is to NOT keep up with inflation. They haven’t given top out anything in a couple years. Raise shipping rates and fuel surcharge to keep up with inflation, and let pay fall behind. Ends up being more revenue. Problem is it destroys your workplace. But people at the top don’t work in our workplace so they really couldn’t care less. Everything is going according to plan.

zeev

The goal of the company is to get rid of employee drivers, the health insurance is the worst ,people with cancer being bankrupted , going back to being a trucking company with air freight like the old Flying tigers.

MassWineGuy

I rarely disagree about our lousy healthcare. But when I had lymphoma, it took one chemo treatment to reach my out of pocket limit. So they did end up paying a small fortune, though smaller than Fred’s bonuses.

Gone fishin

The goal of the company is to get rid of employee drivers, the health insurance is the worst ,people with cancer being bankrupted , going back to being a trucking company with air freight like the old Flying tigers.
I think the other way. I think it’s going to all employees. Ground and contractors and the headaches are no longer working. Back to the past that was a great company.
Good pay , benefits, working environment will get you quality employees that can actually do the job. Addition by subtraction of worthless people.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I think the other way. I think it’s going to all employees. Ground and contractors and the headaches are no longer working. Back to the past that was a great company.
Good pay , benefits, working environment will get you quality employees that can actually do the job. Addition by subtraction of worthless people.
That's what you get for thinking long term. BOD will cater to Wall Street and short-term bandaids to accomplish those goals.

That is, until they run into the wall of being unable to function without labor. I think they're counting on robotics to save them.

NC man

You would think if they were going to give a decent raise they would announce as early as possible to boost morale. The longer it goes before saying anything has to lean towards no or a small raise. October is just over a month away. Could be wrong but if something decent coming I would want to announce ASAP .
Lowes is giving 55 million in bonuses to rank and file employees ,I don’t know what that is per employee though.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You would think if they were going to give a decent raise they would announce as early as possible to boost morale. The longer it goes before saying anything has to lean towards no or a small raise. October is just over a month away. Could be wrong but if something decent coming I would want to announce ASAP .
Lowes is giving 55 million in bonuses to rank and file employees ,I don’t know what that is per employee though.
Less than $200 apiece.

Aquaman

Multiple people have stated they’re waiting for things to get worse to justify what they want to do… which is not a step raise. And that’s probably the most likely scenario. People more on the side of upper managment have worded it as “the board doesn’t even vote on it until blah blah blah”. That’s complete crap. FedEx operates incredibly paranoid. They wouldn’t give us a step raise during COVID, when they were raking in record profits…. Because they were uncertain how long the record profit/pandemic would continue lol. Imagine that for a second.. “we’re making so much money, we can’t give you the raise WE came up with, because we’re unsure if record profit will continue”. That’s the company we all work for. The longer they wait, the more certain they can be about their uncertainty.