2022 step increase

Serf

Unfortunately when we get something if it's less than the rate of inflation we are taking a pay cut, it wouldn't be the first time. Fingers crossed but not expecting anything
Yup, even if it’s a full step increase. With medical most likely going up, and inflation the way it is, I’m hoping to only take a 2.5 % pay cut this year.

!Retired!

Because they do nothing to earn a bonus. I haven’t spoken to my manager in 2 months. I run my route completely independent from manager oversight. If something comes up, dispatch handles it. That’s how most drivers at this company work. By themselves. What has my manager done to earn thousands of extra dollars in bonus money. Every manager in our building had a horrible SFA. And it’s a non revenue producing job. A station with good TCA’s, CSA’s, and dispatchers needs nothing from managment.
And this is a bad thing? The less my managers spoke to me, it meant I was doing a good job and didn't need babysitting. If you think the only thing a manager does is make sure the routes are covered and that's the end of their day, you are sadly mistaken.

And yet you still haven't answered my question. I asked why is it anyone's concern how much they make, or how much of a bonus they get? I didn't ask an opinion on why they should, or shouldn't get bonus. Even if you were right and they literally did nothing and still got a bonus, why should that concern you?
You know how it is. There are clowns like that in every workplace who make it their business to get bent out of shape over what people in positions above theirs earn, and they like to p*ss and moan about how they don't deserve it. They also have all these theories about how things "should" work and all that jazz, but never have balls enough to do anything to make a difference. They just like to sit in the cheap seats and boo.

As I was saying.
Unfortunately, I do
I make valid points for why managers at this company do nothing worthy of a bonus. And you proceed to imply I’m a clown that’s just pissing and moaning about what others with more balls are doing lol. Typical FedEx manager retoric. I’m not implying I do more work, or I have all the answers… I’m simply saying they do nothing. They make no “difference”. You have no argument against that so proceed with the insults.
You make opinions on why you think they should, or shouldn't get bonuses. I was never a manager. Nor did I ever aspire to be one. I've seen what they do. While I think I would have been good at it, I can't sit at a desk 90% of the day doing paperwork. Been there, done that, didn't care for it

Aquaman

And this is a bad thing? The less my managers spoke to me, it meant I was doing a good job and didn't need babysitting. If you think the only thing a manager does is make sure the routes are covered and that's the end of their day, you are sadly mistaken.

And yet you still haven't answered my question. I asked why is it anyone's concern how much they make, or how much of a bonus they get? I didn't ask an opinion on why they should, or shouldn't get bonus. Even if you were right and they literally did nothing and still got a bonus, why should that concern you?

Unfortunately, I do

You make opinions on why you think they should, or shouldn't get bonuses. I was never a manager. Nor did I ever aspire to be one. I've seen what they do. While I think I would have been good at it, I can't sit at a desk 90% of the day doing paperwork. Been there, done that, didn't care for it
I make opinions? Lol. If every route is covered… tell me what a manager fills their day with that actually matters. Conference calls and meetings don’t count. Those clearly produce nothing but bad ideas. Delivery help goes through dispatch. Oncall pickups go through dispatch. I’m sorry but checking your email isn’t work. Looking at numbers you can’t affect… isn’t work. Lord knows they’re not reimbursing me for boots. I want to hear an example for them doing something that actually causes a positive ripple. No not pizza…

Spam

The Ramp Drivers told me we are getting “something.”
I make opinions? Lol. If every route is covered… tell me what a manager fills their day with that actually matters. Conference calls and meetings don’t count. Those clearly produce nothing but bad ideas. Delivery help goes through dispatch. Oncall pickups go through dispatch. I’m sorry but checking your email isn’t work. Looking at numbers you can’t affect… isn’t work. Lord knows they’re not reimbursing me for boots. I want to hear an example for them doing something that actually causes a positive ripple. No not pizza…
What’s any manager do at any company, who cares?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I make valid points for why managers at this company do nothing worthy of a bonus. And you proceed to imply I’m a clown that’s just pissing and moaning about what others with more balls are doing lol. Typical FedEx manager retoric. I’m not implying I do more work, or I have all the answers… I’m simply saying they do nothing. They make no “difference”. You have no argument against that so proceed with the insults.
OK, your argument is they do nothing and make no difference. My argument is that they do. Have at it, bud.

59 Dano

There should be more transparency about the Manager Incentive Program and we should know more information about this, especially when they cry about not meeting a quota. I'm wondering who gets the bonus? How much is the bonus? What numbers do they have to reach to receive this bonus money?
I don't care if it's transparent or not, but why do you need so much info about someone else's pay?

59 Dano

If you think they don't do anything then you've never had the misfortune of having to actually work for one who never did anything. A manager (in any line of work) that doesn't do anything will have a workgroup that is terrible and nonproductive. If your station or ramp operates fairly well with no major issues, then you have a good manager who does his job and does it well.

Aquaman

If you think they don't do anything then you've never had the misfortune of having to actually work for one who never did anything. A manager (in any line of work) that doesn't do anything will have a workgroup that is terrible and nonproductive. If your station or ramp operates fairly well with no major issues, then you have a good manager who does his job and does it well.
Like I said… we have good dispatchers, CSA’s and TCA’s. Our heavyweight IDA’s handle any heavyweight issues & usually find RTD’s for occasional bulk deliveries themselves. My manager has no idea what route any of us are on. If he called me, I could tell him I was at any random stop and he wouldn’t know any better. Newsflash… some managers luck into great workgroups.

!Retired!

Unless you've stayed in the station and actually seen what a manager does, or doesn't do, yes....it's an opinion. Just because YOU don't think whatever they do doesn't matter, they don't have to answer to you why something wasn't done. I'm amazed that you think managers have to explain to you what they do and why they deserve, or don't deserve a bonus.

If you think all they do is make sure there's a body on every route and their day is done, you should become a manager. Sounds like the easiest gig in FedEx. Maybe even easier than being a handler

Aquaman

Unless you've stayed in the station and actually seen what a manager does, or doesn't do, yes....it's an opinion. Just because YOU don't think whatever they do doesn't matter, they don't have to answer to you why something wasn't done. I'm amazed that you think managers have to explain to you what they do and why they deserve, or don't deserve a bonus.

If you think all they do is make sure there's a body on every route and their day is done, you should become a manager. Sounds like the easiest gig in FedEx. Maybe even easier than being a handler
How original haha. Another “if it’s so easy why don’t you do it” guy. I’ve already stated why. It hasn’t always been like this though. 10 years ago managers had their hand in everything. Now it’s basically, they do the schedule for the week. No work group meetings. No individual feedback sitdowns. No OLCC’s. No BZ awards. No retirement parties. No reminders for training. No check rides. No asking for fuel receipts. No recognition. Just “hey can you stay late” and “hey can you work your off day”. Our safe driving awards sit in the corner of his office for years. No route bidding because we’re too short staffed. But also no hiring. No newsletters. No coming out to the sort in the morning. No care in the world for needing a day off. No asking about late deliveries. Every pickup on my route could be late.. and nothing. If your manager isn’t like this maybe they deserve a bonus… but Jesus Christ all of them do not.

yadig

How original haha. Another “if it’s so easy why don’t you do it” guy. I’ve already stated why. It hasn’t always been like this though. 10 years ago managers had their hand in everything. Now it’s basically, they do the schedule for the week. No work group meetings. No individual feedback sitdowns. No OLCC’s. No BZ awards. No retirement parties. No reminders for training. No check rides. No asking for fuel receipts. No recognition. Just “hey can you stay late” and “hey can you work your off day”. Our safe driving awards sit in the corner of his office for years. No route bidding because we’re too short staffed. But also no hiring. No newsletters. No coming out to the sort in the morning. No care in the world for needing a day off. No asking about late deliveries. Every pickup on my route could be late.. and nothing. If your manager isn’t like this maybe they deserve a bonus… but Jesus Christ all of them do not.
Spot on!! Why would I take a pay cut? I make more as a rtd than my manager yearly. He works or is around more hours than me but I get ot. I don’t need my ego stroked like dano!

purplelife

Spot on!! Why would I take a pay cut? I make more as a rtd than my manager yearly. He works or is around more hours than me but I get ot. I don’t need my ego stroked like dano!
Yeah except they are probably gone for most of the day and then just come back. Take a nice 4 hour break to make it look like they are there all day.

Aquaman

Sounds like you don’t want to “make a difference” haha. See, Believe, Achieve. Be the change you wish to see in the company and you too can wear khaki pants & a polo. Be here 12 hours a day staring at the wall, making $70K a year. Or I’ll just stay an RTD, be outside, on my own, working 8 hours a day. Making $65K. Hmmmmm decisions decisions.

yadig

Sounds like you don’t want to “make a difference” haha. See, Believe, Achieve. Be the change you wish to see in the company and you too can wear khaki pants & a polo. Be here 12 hours a day staring at the wall, making $70K a year. Or I’ll just stay an RTD, be outside, on my own, working 8 hours a day. Making $65K. Hmmmmm decisions decisions.

I work a lot of ot at my ramp due too being understaffed. Haven’t worked a weekend in years and gross 90 - 100k last 3 years. I’d blame it on the low starting pay and 20 year top out but it’s mainly incompetent management and senior management. I could care less if they get bonuses! I’m getting my money and they get there’s! Sinking ship

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
This isn’t MY company. My quality of work is directly related to pay. I take no pride in being an ant in someone’s ant farm. You pay me well, I work harder. Pay me less, I work less. If I was an entrepreneur I’d be incredibly proud of even a $30,000 salary. Because it’s my own company. But if I’m working for someone else, my quality of work/service is directly related to my wage. There’s no pride in this company.

How much do you charge to work really hard and how much do you charge to just dink around
Trying to get a feel for where we’re at here