2023 Teamster Contract Negotiation - Partner Edition

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It could be done in a week...Master, Supplements and Riders..

No excuses this time, we all know what is happening in our economy, by next year 20 bucks an hour will be the new minimum wage in some states.
I almost crapped myself when I drove by a couple small signs on the side of the road that were advertising for school bus drivers starting rate of 31.50 an hour…we are falling behind imo

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Hey!.......How about a little mutual respect there. My wife drives a school bus. Thing I always tell her is boxes don't bitch. But little kids and their mommas and daddies do. She also has a real cdl. And honestly aren't the lives of your children at least as valuable as the $2 Chinese crap that we keep pushing in those white vinyl baggies? Everyone deserves to get paid a little.

badpal

Hey!.......How about a little mutual respect there. My wife drives a school bus. Thing I always tell her is boxes don't bitch. But little kids and their mommas and daddies do. She also has a real cdl. And honestly aren't the lives of your children at least as valuable as the $2 Chinese crap that we keep pushing in those white vinyl baggies? Everyone deserves to get paid a little.
Yeah, if we leave the back door open after a stop and a couple pkgs fall out, aint that big of deal.

oldngray

nowhere special
God bless those school bus drivers, I don’t know how they do it. Some of those kids can be pretty rowdy.
and the drivers aren't allowed to do anything to control them

I thought most of the spoiled brats had Mommy dropping them off and picking them up from school. Even if they only live a couple of blocks away.

upser2020

One thing that is probably a non starter for ups is the whole if a sup is caught working more than 3 times they have to go back to being an hourly(or become one if they were hired in as a sup) too many pt sups would intentionally get caught. I know several who wish they didn't take the promotion.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
One thing that is probably a non starter for ups is the whole if a sup is caught working more than 3 times they have to go back to being an hourly(or become one if they were hired in as a sup) too many pt sups would intentionally get caught. I know several who wish they didn't take the promotion.
This is Cruel and Unusual punishment. Amnesty International will be knocking at your door!

boxerdan

Is this actually a rule in some locals? if this was in effect in my building there'd be no sups left.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i have never met a sup that wished they were an hourly again that wasn't a total loser or halfwit that got "diversity & inclusioned" into applying to be a sup

we should 100% let them transition back, it would weed out a LOT of BS

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
i have never met a sup that wished they were an hourly again that wasn't a total loser or halfwit that got "diversity & inclusioned" into applying to be a sup

we should 100% let them transition back, it would weed out a LOT of BS
I had one that came from sales, just getting his ticket punched on the way up, what a disaster. Soft, and pampered young guy.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
YMMV, i'll bet i've met and trained more in a few years than you will in your entire career

but sure i bet you know better

this guy.gif

Frank888

Where can we find information on the contract negotiations for Part Timers? I heard that there will be a lot of transperency about the talks , however, I can't find many details.