2023 Teamster Contract Negotiation - Partner Edition

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A lot of the management also lives paycheck to paycheck and many of them are in deep debt. I think a surprising amount of Part-Timers would be able to outlast them and could manage without a UPS paycheck for a few weeks. Anyways, I'm looking forward to the contract campaign kickoff and hopefully they take purposeful actions.
Uh, do you realize that management are paid monthly, not weekly?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The pool is nice though.
2DCFFA0C-F2AA-4D5D-80E4-5FD5BE97A1C2.jpeg

Fo sho

542thruNthru

A lot of the management also lives paycheck to paycheck and many of them are in deep debt. I think a surprising amount of Part-Timers would be able to outlast them and could manage without a UPS paycheck for a few weeks. Anyways, I'm looking forward to the contract campaign kickoff and hopefully they take purposeful actions.
Management will still be paid while we are on strike.

Karma...

management will continue to be and union management will also continue to be paid.......I doubt if so and ct will change that.....it would be a nice gesture of solidity though. as in togetherness.....

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
management will continue to be and union management will also continue to be paid.......I doubt if so and ct will change that.....it would be a nice gesture of solidity though. as in togetherness.....
Elected union leadership continues to collect their paychecks too.

JonDoe

Why would management be worried about not being paid?

Frank888

The point I’m trying to make is that you should definitely prepare to save up for next year and you would be surprised on how many people in Upper- Management live paycheck to paycheck and their car and home rates are skyrocketing. Around 61% of the population live paycheck to paycheck and that includes a lot of people that make 100k+ per year. They might need that UPS paycheck more than the Part-Timers.

Also, would any part time or full time supervisors join the strike or would it just be union workers?

Hopefully the scenerio of a strike does not happen and UPS agrees to the reasonable contract demands of their workers.

542thruNthru

The point I’m trying to make is that you should definitely prepare to save up for next year and you would be surprised on how many people in Upper- Management live paycheck to paycheck and their car and home rates are skyrocketing. Around 61% of the population live paycheck to paycheck and that includes a lot of people that make 100k+ per year. They might need that UPS paycheck more than the Part-Timers.

Also, would any part time or full time supervisors join the strike or would it just be union workers?

Hopefully the scenerio of a strike does not happen and UPS agrees to the reasonable contract demands of their workers.
Management would not join the strike and the point we are trying to make is supervisors and Management would continue to be paid during the strike unlike the hourly employees.