2023 Teamster Contract Negotiation - Partner Edition

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Where can we find information on the contract negotiations for Part Timers? I heard that there will be a lot of transperency about the talks , however, I can't find many details.
1645652653672.jpg

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Where can we find information on the contract negotiations for Part Timers? I heard that there will be a lot of transperency about the talks , however, I can't find many details.
Nothing has started yet… your union should be having a contract kickoff to start discussions on what members would like to see brought up when things do start. You need to go to the union meetings to voice your wants and concerns…and bring some coworkers with you. You all can go to lunch afterwards and discuss your thoughts.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Nothing has started yet… your union should be having a contract kickoff to start discussions on what members would like to see brought up when things do start. You need to go to the union meetings to voice your wants and concerns…and bring some coworkers with you. You all can go to lunch afterwards and discuss your thoughts.

Last I heard is that O'Brien's team will be starting up after this peak...

Everybody knows what the issues are, just dig out all those previous contract proposals that were thrown in the trash over the last 25 years.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Last I heard is that O'Brien's team will be starting up after this peak...

Everybody knows what the issues are, just dig out all those previous contract proposals that were thrown in the trash over the last 25 years.
He is going to meet with the company or just start sending out questionnaires that only 20% of the members fill out and send back.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
He is going to meet with the company or just start sending out questionnaires that only 20% of the members fill out and send back.

Generally the same 20 % that vote on the General Elections, the Strike Authorizations and the National Contracts.

The Other 80 % are to be considered non factors or non essential...🚫

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Generally the same 20 % that vote on the General Elections, the Strike Authorizations and the National Contracts.

The Other 80 % are to be considered non factors or non essential...🚫
They send a self addressed envelope…takes 30 seconds to fill out your vote..can’t get much easier than that.

Frank888

Good post! I will look to see if my local has any meetings. Do I just go on the local homepage? I think that there needs to be better communication so we know if other people at our location are having the same issues. For instance, are other people having the same pay issues? Unioun Power Radio had a good quote - if one person files a complaint then we are a mosquito, however, if multiple people file the same complaint then we are a beehive.

Frank888

Also, it is not too early to talk about contract negotiations. The media talked about the potential 2020 presidents in 2017 and they yap about the midterms all day. These negotiations impact us much more than the midterms. Hopefully there will be alot of transparency about the contract.

Karma...

any word that the company will negotiate the phasing out of all ft inside hub and preload operations and the inclusion of pt supervisors back into the union ?

PT Car Washer

any word that the company will negotiate the phasing out of all ft inside hub and preload operations and the inclusion of pt supervisors back into the union ?
Do you mean 22.3 FT Hub and Preload? They are the only ones that show up on time day in and day out. The whole system would collapse without them.

Karma...

no.....ft hub anf ft pl......those on the actual seniority list..........22.3 are not considered actual ft......I think there are perhaps around 15 such operations left....the rest have been phased/bought out.........and point well taken as to their reliability...I do not insult......old school never insults old school.....I was curious......

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
no.....ft hub anf ft pl......those on the actual seniority list..........22.3 are not considered actual ft......I think there are perhaps around 15 such operations left....the rest have been phased/bought out.........and point well taken as to their reliability...I do not insult......old school never insults old school.....I was curious......
1a7239a3-e22e-488f-98f4-ccd1b05dc2e4.png

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
bZH3UH.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
Strikeline full? Maybe first few days, after that guys were out looking for work.

If the company can stomach holding out, they can starve out the union. Hard to strike when you are losing everything. So many drivers are living paycheck to paycheck.
Their own damn fault. Live within your means idiots. You don't need a new house and 2 new cars the day you get married.

Frank888

A lot of the management also lives paycheck to paycheck and many of them are in deep debt. I think a surprising amount of Part-Timers would be able to outlast them and could manage without a UPS paycheck for a few weeks. Anyways, I'm looking forward to the contract campaign kickoff and hopefully they take purposeful actions.