22.4 Hub or Center?

Luckydip7

I’m a 22.4 driver working at a Hub. I was wondering am I still Hub or am I Center now?

I’m asking because I want to work more hours and management is restricting them. They want us working 6 days a week and not run out of hours.

Union says I can only work the shift I came from, Twilight. I heard they limited 22.4s who are from preload to 3 people allowed to work the sort. That is seriously messed up. They also said to grieve sups for working.

Luckydip7

Sorry my point of the thread is can they stop me from working hub?

My package management might try to stop me from working the hub like they been doing to the 22.4s from preload.

My management from inside the hub wants me but my package management doesn’t want us working inside.

PPH_over_9000

Sorry my point of the thread is can they stop me from working hub?

My package management might try to stop me from working the hub like they been doing to the 22.4s from preload.

My management from inside the hub wants me but my package management doesn’t want us working inside.

I think so, yes. You're guaranteed 8hrs per day, either driving or inside. If they have >8hrs of driving for you, they're under no obligation to offer more work inside.

If you simply wish to be an actual combination employee as the 22.4's are outlined? Hate to tell you but the whole job's a scam. We're only combo on paper-- in practice we're second-rate drivers. Even if you get hurt and put on restrictions where you have to work inside, I've seen it play out where that's treated as TAW instead of a 22.4 doing the job he bid into.

PPH_over_9000

I mean... maybe that would fly, but then it's gonna be all on you if you run out of DOT hours because you've been double-shifting and your on-road isn't aware.

542thruNthru

They know all you're trying to do is run out of hours. Even if twilight allows you to work. It'll only happen one week. Then the Twilight manager will be told never to let you work again.

Commercial Inside Release

Don't see how you can drive a day route, and load on twilight shift, and still satisfy the DOT requirement for hours off before driving. If you are not getting the required time off before you drive, there a nothing anyone can do to help you, and you're lucky you didn't get in trouble, already.

Luckydip7

They know all you're trying to do is run out of hours. Even if twilight allows you to work. It'll only happen one week. Then the Twilight manager will be told never to let you work again.
If that’s the case then I’ll just grieve supervisors working.
What does you supplemental contract say about forced 6th day work? Is there any language at all?
They can force weekends in reverse seniority from utility to RPCD.
Don't see how you can drive a day route, and load on twilight shift, and still satisfy the DOT requirement for hours off before driving. If you are not getting the required time off before you drive, there a nothing anyone can do to help you, and you're lucky you didn't get in trouble, already.
They can probably put an end to it but I haven’t done anything wrong. There’s nothing in the contract that tells them I can’t work inside the building.

Luckydip7

I should also note that Mondays (my 7th day) they call me to work but I usually ignore them because they can’t force it.

During peak season though they can call us in.