22.4 rights & understandings

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
So i was lied to when HR said directly to me "You will be working exclusively as a driver for the foreseeable future"

There is one slight benefit though.
A laid off 22.4 gets their 8 hours at their FT rate garunteed by bumping two PT. That is assuming you ever get laid off. I can't use that now since I am still qualqualifying.

My goal at the moment is to establish a practice of ~1 hour of preload prior to leaving the building. A little bit of sanctioned time to self-load would go a long way for cover drivers.

542thruNthru

So i was lied to when HR said directly to me "You will be working exclusively as a driver for the foreseeable future"

There is one slight benefit though.
A laid off 22.4 gets their 8 hours at their FT rate garunteed by bumping two PT. That is assuming you ever get laid off. I can't use that now since I am still qualifying.

Are you sure about that? Have you read your layoff language? Because if I as a FT RPCD was laid off I'd recieve my 8 hour guarantee at my PT rate in accordance with my seniority.

You may want to check that language in your area.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Are you sure about that? Have you read your layoff language? Because if I as a FT RPCD was laid off I'd recieve my 8 hour guarantee at my PT rate in accordance with my seniority.

Yes but a 22.4 wouldn’t be laid off. They’d simply be performing part of their combo job.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

Here FT drivers (seniority) make top rate in building if laid off. There was a big uproar in 2009 over this, because it was unusual for 3+ year drivers to be laid off.

Read again. The OP asked if the sup/manager OFFERS "hours worked". Show me in the contract, even a supplement, that states hours worked is not,allowed?
In my local supplement full time drivers can only request time worked Good Friday and Christmas Eve if agreed to by management.

The rest of the year we are guaranteed 8 hours. The says of letting us go home early if we get done in less than 8 hours is long gone.

542thruNthru

Yes but a 22.4 wouldn’t be laid off. They’d simply be performing part of their combo job.

Maybe.. they can't have more then a 90min split between shifts. If your building only has 2 shifts that are hours apart then they would have to lay them off so that they could get their 8 hours.

Of course this is all hypothetical. I was just pointing out layoff language may be different then he thinks.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's interesting because there was no language, still may not be any. I think it was a deal made.
We always got paid our driver pay until the recession hit. Then suddenly they found the language that says we get what our inside rate would have been.

I worked a few weeks preload at full scale. Was amazing