22.4s wotk all weekend?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Lots of reasons. Why not just let people make their own choices and respect those choices?
Hey, I get it, but at the same time.....I don’t get it. No it’s not as appealing as being an RPCD and it sucks that our union basically lowered the pay scale for driving jobs....it sucks that they’ll have to work weekends. But it is still a very good gig. You are not going to find a better entry level opportunity financially/career wise without a degree. I feel like people are focusing on the negative aspects of the position and completely ignoring the opportunity.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hey, I get it, but at the same time.....I don’t get it. No it’s not as appealing as being an RPCD and it sucks that our union basically lowered the pay scale for driving jobs....it sucks that they’ll have to work weekends. But it is still a very good gig. You are not going to find a better entry level opportunity financially/career wise without a degree. I feel like people are focusing on the negative aspects of the position and completely ignoring the opportunity.
If weekend work was something I was going to have to do I would have done heavy machinery op, plumbing, lineman, welding, etc. All as good or better Money wise and a little more freedom in work schedule

Mycow

I would have been 22.4 over a cover driver. Also know others that cover drove for 10 years waiting for fulltime. We much rather have had full contribution then half for pensions and years of service. Pay would have been :censored2:ty till 4th year but then it would have been better. Most weeks as a cover I worked 60, summers I spent in other hubs, for Christmas I never knew if I was staying at my hub or going somewhere. But hey it beat the hell out of 10k a year to work preload

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Mondays are hit it miss. Either I have a cake walk or they cut too many routes and I'm all over the place.
Even if they cut too many it’s usually easy work for me. Just real spread out.

Friday’s are usually :censored2: show. By the time you add in vacation and option days we are understaffed about every Friday

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
I love following Orion %100 and staying out till 8pm , it really makes my supervisors mad ..

But it saves so much money right? Make your day easier right? Everyone knows that digging for an envelope in the middle of your 6000 section 3 stops into the day makes total sense.

BestMgrEver

Hot girl summer
The whole thing is :censored2:ed. Really no need for a package delivery on a weekend. I don’t care what anyone says. It’s :censored2:ing stupid.
It's a different world. The big hubs can barely handle the volume anymore. I ran a route yesterday in a center in a nearby state because they were so blown out. All drivers wasn't allowed to come back until they were told so. I did 310 stops between the route I was on and helping two drivers. I wasnt thrilled to find out that the routes was slam in ghetto

It's a different world. The big hubs can barely handle the volume anymore. I ran a route yesterday in a center in a nearby state because they were so blown out. All drivers wasn't allowed to come back until they were told so. I did 310 stops between the route I was on and helping two drivers. I wasnt thrilled to find out that the routes was slam in ghetto
Did that all fit into a P600?

Yeah, probably. I overheard my center manager and the others and the big boss talking about how sundays weren't a thought in our building for at least another four years. Makes sense though as our saturdays are such a :censored2: show. I think it depends on how busy your center is, obviously.