251 United Action Slate

hyena

Seems that everyone who has an anti-Hoffa view is heavily moderated, and called trolls.

This is like deja vu all over again. Our posts get moderated to pieces, we complain about it, and then get blasted by a pro-407 or pro-Stink buddy.

Don't you have some beers that need to be drank?

This is the best, most accurate quote about BC as I have seen.

We know. Hyena, 251, Hoffa Sux, TOS and more all already know this.
Your 100% correct I just received a infraction today for something I posted in may.

You know me...
Why no mention about our healthcare fund? Why no mention of our pension? Fact are facts. People can look up the LM2s. What you say is a bold faced lie. It wouldn't be the first time bud. Remember, the truth shall set you free. I just ask if people want to know, don't take 251's word (it's useless), look it up for yourself. Look at the liabilities before 2007, when SM the thief was in office. You said that every year we had less membership? Look it up! Your "facts" are lies. But don't worry, people will understand. The storm is coming. Either move out of the way or get swallowed alive.

Why no mention about our healthcare fund? Why no mention of our pension? Fact are facts. People can look up the LM2s. What you say is a bold faced lie. It wouldn't be the first time bud. Remember, the truth shall set you free. I just ask if people want to know, don't take 251's word (it's useless), look it up for yourself. Look at the liabilities before 2007, when SM the thief was in office. You said that every year we had less membership? Look it up! Your "facts" are lies. But don't worry, people will understand. The storm is coming. Either move out of the way or get swallowed alive.

I haven't mentioned the healthcare fund or your pensions because I was really really hoping you would look that info up before mentioning it again so I wouldn't have to point out your naivety on the situation. But it seems like I have no choice. Listen up Stinky, here comes some hard truth.

The Teamsters local 251 health services & insurance plan has, (Like every single white paper contract spawned by Jojo and the gang) some of the most HORRIBLE contract language I have ever read in my LIFE. (Yes, I read contracts for fun, but don't let that deter you, keep chomping away at the golden leaf "I Can Read" Series. We all start somewhere) To wit:

"Right to Amend or Terminate the Plan"

Nothing in this Summary Plan Description is meant to interpret or extend or change in any way the provisions expressed in the Plan. The Trustees reserve the right to amend, modify or discontinue all or part of this Plan whenever, in their judgment, conditions warrant.

No Local Union Officer, Business Agent, Local Union Employee, Employer Representative, or Fund Office personnel, consultant or attorney is authorized to speak for or on behalf of, or to commit the Trustees of this Plan on any matter relating to that Plan without the express authority of the Trustees.

Only the Trustees of the Plan have the authority to determine eligibility for benefits and the right to participate in the Plan. This includes:
the manner in which hours are credited,
eligibility for any benefits,
discontinuance of benefits,
status as covered or non covered employee, the level of benefits, and
interpretation and application of rules and regulations to a particular claim or application.
These determinations are final and binding."

SOURCE: Teamsters local 251 Health and insurance plan: Section 12 Teamsters Local 251 Health Services & Insurance Plan

That's right. They have given themselves the absolute power to DISCONTINUE OUR BENEFITS ANY FREAKIN TIME THEY WANT. I bet Jojo didn't tell you about that little provision in the SPD, did he Stinky? (SPD= Summary Plan Description...I'm here to help, bro)

There are a total of 14 sections of the SPD, and I could go through and point out MAJOR flaws in every single section of that contract language if you'd like. But I'd rather you follow the link I posted and read it for yourself.

Now here's the thing, Stinky, The REASON there is such horrible language in this agreement is NOT because your foster parents WANT to screw us on purpose, but rather, they were WAY out of their league in attempting to contribute to the language. You see son, there is a big scary man on the board of trustees that is far smarter than the hoods you have elected to office. Far smarter, and eons more cunning. That mans name is Louis J Sperling. Sperling has earned himself a doctorate in what is called "Jurisprudence" (which is pretty much law theory, or philosophy). This makes Mr. Sperling basically a doctor of law. (no, not that kind of doctor...but I wouldn't put it past him to have grabbed a few scrotums and asked for a cough) It also makes him a lawyer. The ONLY lawyer on the board. Which is exactly why the "No Local Union Officer, Business Agent, Local Union Employee, Employer Representative, or Fund Office personnel, consultant or attorney is authorized to speak for or on behalf of, or to commit the Trustees of this Plan on any matter relating to that Plan without the express authority of the Trustees." language is thrown in there. He's the smartest guy on the board, and he wants to keep it that way.

Now, let's move on to the pension you keep going on about, and how the UA slate are going to cause the loss of the entire pension fund and then kick babies in the head and pour sugar in everyones gas tank because they are in control of the pension fund...

Now, I'm not too sure you know this, but the pension you are going on about is called the "New England Teamsters Trucking and Pension Fund". Despite what you have been told by JOJO, he does not have full control of every aspect of the fund. He is not Jesus Christ, he didn't part the red sea, and he never built a boat and saved humanity and every other living organism from a biblical flood. Infact, he's not even on the board of trustees for the pension fund. That's right, he has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. Why? you might ask. Well, that's a good question. Afterall, he IS the ST of the second biggest local in New England. But as it turns out, pensions are extremely complicated by design, and the rest of the region doesn't want a completely useless waste of human flesh on the board. Sorry, that one had to hurt. But facts is facts, son, and the task I took on was to educate you, not to ********* you. (Source New England Teamsters & Trucking Industry Pension Fund) The fact that he is NOT on the board is the only reason I don't blame him for this http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/pdf/c-notice052411026.pdf (That link will take you to a DOL document stating that the current board of trustees is kicking babies in the head and pouring sugar in everyones gas tank....exactly what you fear from the UA slate)

To your silly point about liabilities: Mortgages are liabilities, Car payments are liabilities the electric bill is a liability. I'm not worried about liabilities. I'm worried about DISBURSEMENTS. How much of my money was SPENT, and what do we have to show for it? Look up the DISBURSEMENTS since Jojo got into office. Last year the local took in 3.4 MILLION dollars, and spent 3.4 MILLION dollars. ON WHAT exactly? The hall didn't even get a paint job for christ sake. The funniest part of it all is, the hall was 3,000 dollars in the green last year. And if you look at schedule 7 of the LM2, you will see that we received a 3,000 dollar insurance payment. Now, since that 3,000 was ALL that was left after Jojo and company raped the local 251 treasury, I think its safe to assume that they were waiting on the check to clear at the time they filed...

​You are being played for a fool by a group of fools, Stinky.

Inthegame

I haven't mentioned the healthcare fund or your pensions because I was really really hoping you would look that info up before mentioning it again so I wouldn't have to point out your naivety on the situation. But it seems like I have no choice. Listen up Stinky, here comes some hard truth.

The Teamsters local 251 health services & insurance plan has, (Like every single white paper contract spawned by Jojo and the gang) some of the most HORRIBLE contract language I have ever read in my LIFE. (Yes, I read contracts for fun, but don't let that deter you, keep chomping away at the golden leaf "I Can Read" Series. We all start somewhere) To wit:

"Right to Amend or Terminate the Plan"

Nothing in this Summary Plan Description is meant to interpret or extend or change in any way the provisions expressed in the Plan. The Trustees reserve the right to amend, modify or discontinue all or part of this Plan whenever, in their judgment, conditions warrant.

No Local Union Officer, Business Agent, Local Union Employee, Employer Representative, or Fund Office personnel, consultant or attorney is authorized to speak for or on behalf of, or to commit the Trustees of this Plan on any matter relating to that Plan without the express authority of the Trustees.

Only the Trustees of the Plan have the authority to determine eligibility for benefits and the right to participate in the Plan. This includes:
the manner in which hours are credited,
eligibility for any benefits,
discontinuance of benefits,
status as covered or non covered employee, the level of benefits, and
interpretation and application of rules and regulations to a particular claim or application.
These determinations are final and binding."

SOURCE: Teamsters local 251 Health and insurance plan: Section 12 Teamsters Local 251 Health Services & Insurance Plan

That's right. They have given themselves the absolute power to DISCONTINUE OUR BENEFITS ANY FREAKIN TIME THEY WANT. I bet Jojo didn't tell you about that little provision in the SPD, did he Stinky? (SPD= Summary Plan Description...I'm here to help, bro)

There are a total of 14 sections of the SPD, and I could go through and point out MAJOR flaws in every single section of that contract language if you'd like. But I'd rather you follow the link I posted and read it for yourself.

Now here's the thing, Stinky, The REASON there is such horrible language in this agreement is NOT because your foster parents WANT to screw us on purpose, but rather, they were WAY out of their league in attempting to contribute to the language. You see son, there is a big scary man on the board of trustees that is far smarter than the hoods you have elected to office. Far smarter, and eons more cunning. That mans name is Louis J Sperling. Sperling has earned himself a doctorate in what is called "Jurisprudence" (which is pretty much law theory, or philosophy). This makes Mr. Sperling basically a doctor of law. (no, not that kind of doctor...but I wouldn't put it past him to have grabbed a few scrotums and asked for a cough) It also makes him a lawyer. The ONLY lawyer on the board. Which is exactly why the "No Local Union Officer, Business Agent, Local Union Employee, Employer Representative, or Fund Office personnel, consultant or attorney is authorized to speak for or on behalf of, or to commit the Trustees of this Plan on any matter relating to that Plan without the express authority of the Trustees." language is thrown in there. He's the smartest guy on the board, and he wants to keep it that way.

Now, let's move on to the pension you keep going on about, and how the UA slate are going to cause the loss of the entire pension fund and then kick babies in the head and pour sugar in everyones gas tank because they are in control of the pension fund...

Now, I'm not too sure you know this, but the pension you are going on about is called the "New England Teamsters Trucking and Pension Fund". Despite what you have been told by JOJO, he does not have full control of every aspect of the fund. He is not Jesus Christ, he didn't part the red sea, and he never built a boat and saved humanity and every other living organism from a biblical flood. Infact, he's not even on the board of trustees for the pension fund. That's right, he has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. Why? you might ask. Well, that's a good question. Afterall, he IS the ST of the second biggest local in New England. But as it turns out, pensions are extremely complicated by design, and the rest of the region doesn't want a completely useless waste of human flesh on the board. Sorry, that one had to hurt. But facts is facts, son, and the task I took on was to educate you, not to ********* you. (Source New England Teamsters & Trucking Industry Pension Fund) The fact that he is NOT on the board is the only reason I don't blame him for this http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/pdf/c-notice052411026.pdf (That link will take you to a DOL document stating that the current board of trustees is kicking babies in the head and pouring sugar in everyones gas tank....exactly what you fear from the UA slate)

To your silly point about liabilities: Mortgages are liabilities, Car payments are liabilities the electric bill is a liability. I'm not worried about liabilities. I'm worried about DISBURSEMENTS. How much of my money was SPENT, and what do we have to show for it? Look up the DISBURSEMENTS since Jojo got into office. Last year the local took in 3.4 MILLION dollars, and spent 3.4 MILLION dollars. ON WHAT exactly? The hall didn't even get a paint job for christ sake. The funniest part of it all is, the hall was 3,000 dollars in the green last year. And if you look at schedule 7 of the LM2, you will see that we received a 3,000 dollar insurance payment. Now, since that 3,000 was ALL that was left after Jojo and company raped the local 251 treasury, I think its safe to assume that they were waiting on the check to clear at the time they filed...

​You are being played for a fool by a group of fools, Stinky.
Before you climb back up the mountain for more tablets read a few H&W SPD's and you'll see very similar language. It's called boilerplate language and used frequently throughout HC plans. UPS SPD's use similar terms regarding trustees responsibility and powers in their soon to be unavailable plans.

You know me...
Before you climb back up the mountain for more tablets read a few H&W SPD's and you'll see very similar language. It's called boilerplate language and used frequently throughout HC plans. UPS SPD's use similar terms regarding trustees responsibility and powers in their soon to be unavailable plans.

It's boilerplate language for lazy trustees that don't give a damn about the membership. Here, give this SPD a gander. THIS is what we should have. JC 43 has proven it's possible, so we should expect nothing less than progress toward that plan. Especially note their "Boilerplate" termination of fund language..

"21.14(c) MCTWF TERMINATION
MCTWF may be terminated at any time and for any reason. In such event, the Trustees will
take necessary steps to wind down the Trust. In conformity with the provisions of the Trust
Agreement, the Trustees will apply the Plan Trust assets to pay or to provide for the payment of
all obligations of MCTWF. Any remaining surplus will, in accordance with the terms of the
Trust Agreement, be used in such manner as the Trustees believe will best effectuate the
purpose of MCTWF, subject to the requirement that no part of the assets of the Trust may be
diverted to any purpose other than the exclusive benefit of Participants and beneficiaries and
payment of the administrative expenses of MCTWF. Upon termination, no part of the assets of
MCTWF will revert or accrue, directly or indirectly, to the benefit of an Employer or the
Union.
Please refer to your Schedule of Benefits to determine what benefits are covered under your MCTWF Plan and how they are paid.
The Trustees have the full and absolute discretion, authority and power to
interpret, control and implement the terms and provisions of all documents
and instruments governing MCTWF including, but not limited to, the
terms of the benefits plans, rules, regulations and policies adopted by the
Trustees, or to alter, amend or terminate the Plan.
The Trustees also have the full and absolute discretion, authority and power
to determine -
• all questions regarding MCTWF coverage and eligibility;
• methods of providing benefits;
• all matters concerning the operation of MCTWF; and
• all claims for benefits.
Benefits under your Plan will be paid only if the Trustees decide in their
discretion that the applicant is entitled to them."

Pretty good huh? This is what you get when you have competent leadership. And that language that protects Sperling is NOT boilerplate. It is a joke that is 100% in the benefit of the employer. I understand that you are content to have very low expectations of our elected officials in local 251, but don't crap all over people that want a stronger local, better benefits and solid leadership. You will lose that "Just settle for mediocrity" argument every time.

Inthegame

... I understand that you are content to have very low expectations of our elected officials in local 251, but don't crap all over people that want a stronger local, better benefits and solid leadership. You will lose that "Just settle for mediocrity" argument every time.
Apparently you enjoy predicting what others think. That's not only dangerous, as you prove your ignorance when wrong, but also exhibits your overzealous foolishness that belies your trust in inexperienced potential "solid leadership".

Regarding the SPD, the terms you're demanding pursuant to dissolution of fund assets are spelled out in the Trust Agreement, not the SPD. The SPD is required to describe current plan coverage. The Trust Agreement was created well before ANY present Trustee was in office. The Trustee powers, determinations of Fund assets, and a myriad of issues most participants would find boring, are not required to be listed in the SPD. The SPD has a summary of Trustee powers listed in the "boilerplate language" as a guide. Contact your plan administator to view the terms of the entire Trust Agreement.

And you were so proud of yourself with your clever retort...

Apparently you enjoy predicting what others think. That's not only dangerous, as you prove your ignorance when wrong, but also exhibits your overzealous foolishness that belies your trust in inexperienced potential "solid leadership".

Regarding the SPD, the terms you're demanding pursuant to dissolution of fund assets are spelled out in the Trust Agreement, not the SPD. The SPD is required to describe current plan coverage. The Trust Agreement was created well before ANY present Trustee was in office. The Trustee powers, determinations of Fund assets, and a myriad of issues most participants would find boring, are not required to be listed in the SPD. The SPD has a summary of Trustee powers listed in the "boilerplate language" as a guide. Contact your plan administator to view the terms of the entire Trust Agreement.

You've been there before and you act like it. 251 has never been there and will never arrive. It's easy for him or anyone to be a armchair quarterback. They don't have to make one of those books "Armchair Quarterback for Dummies" it just comes real natural for those who think they are gifted or Gods gift. Whichever it is??

You know me...

Ostensibly, you have mistaken my bucolic tone for weakness, you'd be well advised not to make that mistake again. To your point: it would be a misrepresentation of truth for me not to concede to the fact that my prognosis seldom proves a fallacy when predicting the conspicuous outcomes that are spawned by the strained thought processes of lesser mortals. With that said, I concurrently hold in high regard the belief that correlation does not necessarily imply causation. As such, I only presume to "predict" your thoughts based on the company that you keep (willingly, might I add) as I have never had the ecstatic pleasure of reading any of your eight thousand posts until about 15 seconds ago. SO please, forgive my assumption that you were just another lackey from 251. Clearly you are their intellectual enforcer, because at least you were able to conjure up some semblance of a point behind your argument.(I know alotta big words too! Friend request me on Facebook so we can play words with friends!!)

Inexperienced leadership is nothing more than a straw man argument. For over two centuries, the entire body of leadership that is charged with governing the most powerful country, and the most advanced civilization the world has ever known has been exchanged regularly, on a 4 to 8 year schedule. Lets not pretend that running local 251 (into the ground) is a feat of business administration. Every leader in the world was inexperienced at one point, even Jesus Barrios and Moses Reddy. Save your false Gods and straw man arguments for people that can't see them for exactly what they are, please.

Regarding the SPD, the terms you're demanding pursuant to dissolution of fund assets are spelled out in the Trust Agreement, not the SPD. The SPD is required to describe current plan coverage. The Trust Agreement was created well before ANY present Trustee was in office. The Trustee powers, determinations of Fund assets, and a myriad of issues most participants would find boring, are not required to be listed in the SPD. The SPD has a summary of Trustee powers listed in the "boilerplate language" as a guide. Contact your plan administrator to view the terms of the entire Trust Agreement.

And the trust agreement is amended by whom? Say it with me gamer guy....The trustees. (As it is clearly stated in the SPD.) Which means they hold the power to bargain with their employer counterparts for better benefits, more employer contributions, the removal of harmful language et cetera. Listen, we can talk each other around the interpretation of contract language bush all day, it is not going to change the fact that the language SUCKS. Anyone who argues against that is either mentally challenged, or has something "Inthegame". Should I make another one of my "predictions" and wait with baited breath for another of your sardonically pleonastic retorts?

And you were so proud of that thirty seconds when you looked like the smartest guy in the thread...

Last edited:

stink219

ITG, you are 100% correct. Some people think that they will reinvent the wheel...until the change it to a square. 251 is only focused on selective critique. It's like watching a football game on TV and screaming at the wide receiver for missing a pass that is ONLY six inches away from his finger tips. I just ask everyone to educate themselves against the so called "reformers". Look at the TDU run locals. Even the Slawsons were TDU. 804 is TDU. But congrats to local 804!! They finally won ONE arbitration case!! UPS is required to give the Union notice so a shop steward can be present whenever management meets with a member concerning a grievance, discipline or to ask questions as part of a company investigation. It only took them 38 years to enforce a federally mandated labor law. Great win TDU. Lmfao!! A bit too late!! These are the guys with zero experience that want to take over the local? God help us!

ups legacy

Judging by the way the M&M boys of U.A. ate those hot dogs at Slater park, I would only support them if I needed a unionized hot dog eating team to win a contest

ups legacy

Seriously, I've seen the UA 251 slate, the one thing they lack more than experience is guys with mustaches. Not enough guys with mustaches for me to take them seriously.

stink219

Judging by the way the M&M boys of U.A. ate those hot dogs at Slater park, I would only support them if I needed a unionized hot dog eating team to win a contest. I've seen the UA 251 slate, the one thing they lack more than experience is guys with mustaches. Not enough guys with mustaches for me to take them seriously.
I'm at the Joint Council 10 Meeting this weekend and I just spit out my scotch. That's funny *****!

You know me...
Even the Slawsons were TDU.

Slawson was TDU? Really Stink? You're gonna go there? Weren't you the one going on about libel when I pointed out to you that one of our trustees is a convicted felon? How about you link a source for this incredulous information.

804 is TDU. But congrats to local 804!! They finally won ONE arbitration case!!

Aren't you the guy that was going on and on about the importance ONE arbitration case can make for the entire world?

on 8/15/2013 at 11:11am Stink219 wrote:
And it boggles my mind that some Teamsters do not understand on how a simple arbitration loss can change a past practice for other buildings. "

Would yah look at that, it was you! Well, using your own warped logic, it looks like the boys in 804 are setting new precedents for other buildings then? Or does that only work in reverse? Either way, I'm just happy that 804 actually has the cash to take a case to arbitration. I'm pretty sure it costs more than the $3,000 we have left here at Local 251 after your boys burned through THREE POINT FOUR MILLION DOLLARS in revenue last year. But hey, at least they only spent ALL the money, unlike last year when they had us $30,000 dollars in the hole.

For the life of me, I cannot understand what you see in these guys. They have consistently proven their incompetence. And yet you hold a torch for them. Why? Do you enjoy watching our local go down in flames?

You know me...
If you're so smart why can't you just use paragraphs so my eyes don't hurt from reading your crap??

I count 4 paragraphs in my unedited post. I'm truly sorry that I'm hurting your eyes with....words, 407. I'll try and google a really big font that has the "R"'s reversed so you can read it a little more comfortably. mmmkay big guy? Would that make you a happy boy?

I count 4 paragraphs in my unedited post. I'm truly sorry that I'm hurting your eyes with....words, 407. I'll try and google a really big font that has the "R"'s reversed so you can read it a little more comfortably. mmmkay big guy? Would that make you a happy boy?
Whatever you like son. You use all the big words you like just try and learn the art of the paragraph. For someone who has said he is very intellectual and intelligent surly breaking up your rants into paragraphs isn't that hard.

I have to give it to you. You sure do use some big words. It's kinda like the guy that goes out and buys the biggest stuff to hide the insecurities in his pants. I wonder what kind of insecurities you are trying to hide with your use of these words and telling everyone how smart you are??

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Brad S was TDU? Really Stink? You're gonna go there? Weren't you the one going on about libel when I pointed out to you that one of our trustees is a convicted felon? How about you link a source for this incredulous information.

Aren't you the guy that was going on and on about the importance ONE arbitration case can make for the entire world?

on 8/15/2013 at 11:11am Stink219 wrote:

Would yah look at that, it was you! Well, using your own warped logic, it looks like the boys in 804 are setting new precedents for other buildings then? Or does that only work in reverse? Either way, I'm just happy that 804 actually has the cash to take a case to arbitration. I'm pretty sure it costs more than the $3,000 we have left here at Local 251 after your boys burned through THREE POINT FOUR MILLION DOLLARS in revenue last year. But hey, at least they only spent ALL the money, unlike last year when they had us $30,000 dollars in the hole.

For the life of me, I cannot understand what you see in these guys. They have consistently proven their incompetence. And yet you hold a torch for them. Why? Do you enjoy watching our local go down in flames?

Its the free tshirts and hats he has stacking up in his closet along with the "pats on the back" for being such a great lapdog.

Prety much sums it up.

Peace

TOS

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You use all the big words you like just try and learn the art of the paragraph. For someone who has said he is very intellectual and intelligent surly breaking up your rants into paragraphs isn't that hard.

​I would think a surly guy would not normally be perceived as intellectual and intelligent.