396 meeting Sunday June 2, 2013

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Are you on his case for projecting his vote? Seems the NO voters are trying to strong arm the YES voters.
How is a little banter to a brother that slammed NO voters in earlier posts, to tell them to "think about what you are about to do" type of garbage, trying to strong arm the YES voters.
He was always going to vote YES, and I know there was nothing I could do about it. Like you and Stink are voting YES and there is nothing I can do about it. Your minds are made up.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Since I don't live in California I have no idea, but does the state have strong unions.? You would think with all of the people there in large metropolitan cities there would be strength in numbers but from the sounds of some of these posts it doesn't seem to be the case...maybe someone can shed some light on this.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Since I don't live in California I have no idea, but does the state have strong unions.? You would think with all of the people there in large metropolitan cities there would be strength in numbers but from the sounds of some of these posts it doesn't seem to be the case...maybe someone can shed some light on this.

Honestly, our current representation has gotten weaker over the last 10 years. We transitioned from a workforce that could work without hassle daily, to an overbearing onslaught of warning letters and suspensions.

Our local (396) has unable to manage the problems in the yards effectively. They talk a big game, but always lose the big game. The company is taking full advantage of the current local officers. The company would not treat us the way they do, if they had any respect for the authority of our union.

Now, with language that better suits the company's position, they will be firmly in the drivers seat.

Peace

TOS

Evil

There's 40,000 UPS Teamsters in Southern California that went YES 6 years ago by about 95 to 5. This time around it will be NO, but it will probably go by a 75 to 25 margin at best. The problem will be those building where there has been no campaigning in 396. With those 40,000 in SoCAL, 9,300 in Louisville and not sure how many thousands in 177 we can tilt this election NO.

There's 140,000 of us on UPS health plans and only 105,000 on union plans.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
There's 40,000 UPS Teamsters in Southern California that went YES 6 years ago by about 95 to 5. This time around it will be NO, but it will probably go by a 75 to 25 margin at best. The problem will be those building where there has been no campaigning in 396. With those 40,000 in SoCAL, 9,300 in Louisville and not sure how many thousands in 177 we can tilt this election NO.

There's 140,000 of us on UPS health plans and only 105,000 on union plans.

Good numbers, 40,000 just in Southern California. It doesn't include the other 100,000 UPSers on company health plans that will be voting NO in majority.

Does anyone know how many members the Central States may have? Because these are not very populated areas, and reform locals like 100 and 688 voted NO in 2007, they are sure to vote NO once again.

Local 251 in Rhode Island has a huge TDU following, they are sure to Vote NO as well.

The majority of shop stewards on company health plans will be voting no, with the exception of the few sellouts looking to get a job working for their corrupt locals.

stink219

Local 251 in Rhode Island has a huge TDU following, they are sure to Vote NO as well.
Huge following? lol. So TDU is against the TA? Are they telling people to vote no? Most of those are hospital workers. I'd say about 25 total.
We have about 8 at our building. Even they like the contract. They are voting yes. We will have about 500 total votes out of 1500 people.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Huge following? lol. So TDU is against the TA? Are they telling people to vote no? Most of those are hospital workers. I'd say about 25 total.
We have about 8 at our building. Even they like the contract. They are voting yes. We will have about 500 total votes out of 1500 people.

You keep hounding about TDU, Stink , TDU isnt a big deal out here. It may be where you are, but not here. We ALL supported our local officers in many elections, but this time, "WE" in the west feel that they have let us down. Unfortunately, you dont have much to lose in this contract, as your local officers lost it for you long ago. We have superior coverage and the simple fact that MONEY is going to have to come out of our pockets makes it a big loss for us.

Please.. give the TDU hardon a rest.

Peace

TOS

Inthegame

What is it about simple explanations that escape you? A Trustee is forced to manage money. They are not there to establish policy outside the board room. ON the other hand, this "enhancement" only effects the 10 locals in the west and one local outside ( local 177). The board would have to agree to this, but we dont know and will not know what was discussed by the board. They may have suggested it themselves to the Teamsters and company.

This we will never know.

This places more importance on the actual verbage in the MOU versus some lame talk on the shop floor by local officials.

Wouldnt you rather see a defined sentence locking in the benefits for the life of the contract? Or is the word of a business agent good enough for you?

peace

TOS
Very little of simple explanations escape me, that's why I'm having trouble with yours. But rather than rehash inanities, what are you referring to when you use the term "enhancements" regarding the deal allowing L177 and the West. Are you considering this allowance to be an enhancement? You do understand the standard CS C-6 plan itself is being "enhanced" for UPS participants.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Honestly, our current representation has gotten weaker over the last 10 years. We transitioned from a workforce that could work without hassle daily, to an overbearing onslaught of warning letters and suspensions.

Our local (396) has unable to manage the problems in the yards effectively. They talk a big game, but always lose the big game. The company is taking full advantage of the current local officers. The company would not treat us the way they do, if they had any respect for the authority of our union.

Now, with language that better suits the company's position, they will be firmly in the drivers seat.

Peace

TOS
how many building are in your guys local....Does california as a general rule have weak leadership in other union professions, police, fire , longshoremen etc...has the financial problems california has dealt with the last few years overly affected things?

stink219

You keep hounding about TDU, Stink , TDU isnt a big deal out here. It may be where you are, but not here. We ALL supported our local officers in many elections, but this time, "WE" in the west feel that they have let us down. Unfortunately, you dont have much to lose in this contract, as your local officers lost it for you long ago.
I didn't bring it up. I addressed the comment. Your right about one thing, one specific local officer (lets call him Stu-pid) who was a thief and a coke head ruined it long ago. He did so good as to get himself band from the union for hiding coke in his sock at an airport. That's was when our medical was crap. We are leaps and bounds better since 12 years ago. That same DB is coaching the new group of (I won't say it) people to run against the current slate. These guys play dirty. So my projection of (I won't say it) is based mostly on the lies of these guys.

rpoz11

Represented Locals under JC42.
http://www.teamstersjc42.com/
None of us can speak for those outside of UPS UNION representation.
Would be more than helpful if more locals would speak up and offer more

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Very little of simple explanations escape me, that's why I'm having trouble with yours. But rather than rehash inanities, what are you referring to when you use the term "enhancements" regarding the deal allowing L177 and the West. Are you considering this allowance to be an enhancement? You do understand the standard CS C-6 plan itself is being "enhanced" for UPS participants.

Show it to us. Not a flyer, show us a document with the enhancements to the entire c6 plan.

Andy M HIMSELF at the contract meetings has said that the "enhancements" are ONLY for the 10 locals in the southwest and local 177. If YOU can prove otherwise other than post a flyer handed out by a business agent, then i'd like to see it.

Shouldnt be that hard for you. YOU, presumably had to read that somewhere, I hope, and your not relying on third hand information.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
how many building are in your guys local....Does california as a general rule have weak leadership in other union professions, police, fire , longshoremen etc...has the financial problems california has dealt with the last few years overly affected things?

It varies from entity to entity. The hollywood 399 teamsters are weak, but thats an entirely different industry than we are.

Our grocery stores that are union are weaker than ever. And now, our package unions are joining the "weak" club.

Peace

TOS

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Southern California representatives are the worse. They are best known for intimidating the members and hanging out with management for poker and beer. They are the laughing stock of this immoral, corrupt and sellout union!

over9five

Staff member
Southern California representatives are the worse. They are best known for intimidating the members and hanging out with management for poker and beer. They are the laughing stock of this immoral, corrupt and sellout union!
TOS has said they've been on a downhill slide for 10 years.
​Why don't you guys vote these evil people out?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TOS has said they've been on a downhill slide for 10 years.
​Why don't you guys vote these evil people out?

In the last three election cycles, Idiots have attempted to run against our current encumbents. ALL of them failed as the membership really didnt have enough motivation to remove them. NOW, we are ALL affected equally here in the west and a legitimate reason is upon us. Now, the members have a clear decision to make.

They have now seen two contracts with concessions in it. In this one, the largest concession in history is upon us in healthcare. Why would we stick around for a third contract with the same representation?

Local 396 is O for 2 in contracts.

We have to be really clear on something. UPS has gone after the part timers in the last two contracts. Today, they are looking at progression taking 4 years and that will only increase the turnover rate of our part timers. If they quit, then, they dont contribute to the pension, if they dont contribute to the pension, then down the road, the pension fund shrinks.

Secondly, they have successfully taken away our superior healthcare plans ( if passed ) and what will be next in the next contract?

Well, that answer is simple. WAGES.

Two out of three issues out of the way for the company and the only thing left is to attack our wages in 2018 including pensions.

Stay tuned.

This time, "We" the members cant afford another term with the same representation.

Peace

TOS

Inthegame

Show it to us. Not a flyer, show us a document with the enhancements to the entire c6 plan.

Andy M HIMSELF at the contract meetings has said that the "enhancements" are ONLY for the 10 locals in the southwest and local 177. If YOU can prove otherwise other than post a flyer handed out by a business agent, then i'd like to see it.

Shouldnt be that hard for you. YOU, presumably had to read that somewhere, I hope, and your not relying on third hand information.

Peace

TOS
Show me a document that only gives "enhancements" to the West and L177. On one hand you believe what you claim Andy M said and in other posts you rip Marshall. Which way is it?
I don't believe the GST is just a BA with a flyer. hall sent the side by side C-6 to every UPS local. Why would he do that if enhancements were only going to a few? Our PO forwarded that e-mail to stewards. Maybe that's third hand to you but then what is everything you post? I'll trust the e-mail from hall over a rendition of a mtg from TOS.
I'll generously believe you're confusing the allowance for L177 and the SW to craft a comparable plan as an "enhancement".

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Show me a document that only gives "enhancements" to the West and L177. On one hand you believe what you claim Andy M said and in other posts you rip Marshall. Which way is it?
I don't believe the GST is just a BA with a flyer. hall sent the side by side C-6 to every UPS local. Why would he do that if enhancements were only going to a few? Our PO forwarded that e-mail to stewards. Maybe that's third hand to you but then what is everything you post? I'll trust the e-mail from hall over a rendition of a mtg from TOS.
I'll generously believe you're confusing the allowance for L177 and the SW to craft a comparable plan as an "enhancement".

How about this: for employees currently with UNION health care:
(a)
Part-time and full-time employees covered by a Teamster Health and Welfare Fund will continue to be covered by those funds.

For employees currently with UPS health care:

(a)

(b) Notwithstanding any provision in any Supplement, Rider or Addendum Section 1(d) above, effective January 1, 200814 health and welfare coverage for all full-time and part-time employees on the payroll at that time and those hired thereafter who would have had health and welfare coverage provided by an Employer signatory to this Agreement will instead be provided coverage through the CSH&W Fund regardless of the employee’s work location.

This is right out of the TA. Haven't you read it?
Your problem is you believed your B.A. and you believed Hoffa and Hall. Don't do that.