396 meeting Sunday June 2, 2013

The STINKS and 407's of the group can continue to bark and bark about this being a great contract, but heck, they got a free tshirt so it will be hard to change their minds.

Peace

TOS[/QUOTE] Dude I'm a steward who pays dues. Do you?? I respect your brother don't get me wrong but you are pissed that we will all have the same benifits. Right?? Sorry you live in an area where the cost of living is higher. Believe it or not I grew up hood also bro. We are all doing ok and this will happen. You made a mistake in posting I e taken a hand out or payoff. I do this for free but I know the real particulars because I have a brother who has sat there and knows the real deal. What the numbers say. The numbers five years from now will be that the profits will be from medical logistics and supply chain solutions. Freight is dead ground is stagnent and air business too business is good. This contract positions the members who have three contracts left too deep the rewards. If you have three contract or less and you are going full time somewhere in here vote yes. Or you can vote it down and amazon and a whole host of other can leave and we can have more routes cut so you drivers can swing and they can lay off part timers while full timers bump them. I have e ought senority to work and do it in a truck so whatever.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Dude I'm a steward who pays dues. Do you?? I respect your brother don't get me wrong but you are pissed that we will all have the same benifits. Right?? Sorry you live in an area where the cost of living is higher. Believe it or not I grew up hood also bro. We are all doing ok and this will happen. You made a mistake in posting I e taken a hand out or payoff. I do this for free but I know the real particulars because I have a brother who has sat there and knows the real deal. What the numbers say. The numbers five years from now will be that the profits will be from medical logistics and supply chain solutions. Freight is dead ground is stagnent and air business too business is good. This contract positions the members who have three contracts left too deep the rewards. If you have three contract or less and you are going full time somewhere in here vote yes. Or you can vote it down and amazon and a whole host of other can leave and we can have more routes cut so you drivers can swing and they can lay off part timers while full timers bump them. I have e ought senority to work and do it in a truck so whatever.

407. We heard guys like you crying about the same things in 1997.. We ignored them then, and we will ignore guys like you now. Yes, there is plenty of pain to go around, but it doesnt have to be this way. We in the west are willing to consider the companys last non economic offer of 20/40/60 to maintain our current benefits. Guys like you can continue paying the 20% and high deductibles all you want. You can have the lesser coverage, that is YOUR right. Believe me, we wont take that away from you.

This isnt about shutting down the company. This is about us NOT accepting concessions on things that we shouldnt have too. Just because you accepted your locals negotiated deal on healthcare years ago, that doesnt mean the rest of the country is that stupid too.

Hey bro, you accept what you want, but consider that you can KEEP your coverage intact, and still vote NO to protect the rest of us.

Comparitively speaking, if the members in the are going to have to pay anything out of our pockets, then it will be for SUPERIOR COVERAGE and to maintain our current benefit package, doctors and on going treatments.

Our members would rather pay the 60 bucks a week for a family just to avoid the disruption in care and service, rather than pay thousands of dollars to the teamsters for chitty coverage.

We live in a different part of the country than you do. We expect better apparently and havent quite got to the doom and gloom of your area. UPS is a healthy company. It could be alot better and more efficient if those at the top really gave a crap about the operation and canned all the "experts" who are costing this company millions of dollars in losses each year.

Companies like amazon and zappos wont leave us for good, they may temporarily, but that depends on the negotiations. Sure, there will be cutbacks like in 1997, but it will recover. The good and gloom that you speak of is nothing more than the negative sell somebody got you to believe. We are still the best game in town for package delivery and "WE" in the ground operation cant be blamed for the bad business decisions of the company. Freight wasnt our idea, it was the companys. If it is failing, then why should "WE" have to pay for it?

Why should "I" as an employee subsidize the companys business losses for bad decisions? The company throws money around like its going out of style. The deal with Ferrari cost the company 25 million dollars but I bet you dont think that will hurt the bottom line, right? What about the disastrous investment in NASCAR? How many millions of dollars were wasted on the speedways? What about GOLF? What about bike racing?

This company is so fat, even jenny craig couldnt slim it down, but YOU, think we should bear the burden of those bad financial decisons by accepting LESS despite us doing all the work?

There is something seriously wrong with your logic 407.

We in the west want the best in our contract, and we wont settle for terms that YOU are willing to "conceed" too.

The teamsters had NO BUSINESS putting our healthcare on the table without consulting us FIRST. We can see past the rhetoric and doom and gloom to see that the teamsters just want to get more money dumped into the central states health care fund, and that AINT GONNA HAPPEN.

This sunday, we will let our local leaders hear our voices. We will WARN them of the consequences of going against our wishes.

GOD forbid that hall shows up. Unfortunately, cameras and video are banned from our meeting, otherwise, I would film the episode and post on here for all to see.

407, you were sold a flaming bag of chitt, and all you have to do is stomp on it to put it out. You may get some chitt on your shoes, but the fire will be out. You can always wipe it off afterwards.

Right now, the flaming bag is at our doorstep. We are about to stomp on it, then wipe off the officers of our local from the bottom of our shoes.

Stay tuned.

Peace

TOS

Last edited by a moderator:
407. We heard guys like you crying about the same things in 1997.. We ignored them then, and we will ignore guys like you now. Yes, there is plenty of pain to go around, but it doesnt have to be this way. We in the west are willing to consider the companys last non economic offer of 20/40/60 to maintain our current benefits. Guys like you can continue paying the 20% and high deductibles all you want. You can have the lesser coverage, that is YOUR right. Believe me, we wont take that away from you.

This isnt about shutting down the company. This is about us NOT accepting concessions on things that we shouldnt have too. Just because you accepted your locals negotiated deal on healthcare years ago, that doesnt mean the rest of the country is that stupid too.

Hey bro, you accept what you want, but consider that you can KEEP your coverage intact, and still vote NO to protect the rest of us.

Comparitively speaking, if the members in the are going to have to pay anything out of our pockets, then it will be for SUPERIOR COVERAGE and to maintain our current benefit package, doctors and on going treatments.

Our members would rather pay the 60 bucks a week for a family just to avoid the disruption in care and service, rather than pay thousands of dollars to the teamsters for chitty coverage.

We live in a different part of the country than you do. We expect better apparently and havent quite got to the doom and gloom of your area. UPS is a healthy company. It could be alot better and more efficient if those at the top really gave a crap about the operation and canned all the "experts" who are costing this company millions of dollars in losses each year.

Companies like amazon and zappos wont leave us for good, they may temporarily, but that depends on the negotiations. Sure, there will be cutbacks like in 1997, but it will recover. The good and gloom that you speak of is nothing more than the negative sell somebody got you to believe. We are still the best game in town for package delivery and "WE" in the ground operation cant be blamed for the bad business decisions of the company. Freight wasnt our idea, it was the companys. If it is failing, then why should "WE" have to pay for it?

Why should "I" as an employee subsidize the companys business losses for bad decisions? The company throws money around like its going out of style. The deal with Ferrari cost the company 25 million dollars but I bet you dont think that will hurt the bottom line, right? What about the disastrous investment in NASCAR? How many millions of dollars were wasted on the speedways? What about GOLF? What about bike racing?

This company is so fat, even jenny craig couldnt slim it down, but YOU, think we should bear the burden of those bad financial decisons by accepting LESS despite us doing all the work?

There is something seriously wrong with your logic 407.

We in the west want the best in our contract, and we wont settle for terms that YOU are willing to "conceed" too.

The teamsters had NO BUSINESS putting our healthcare on the table without consulting us FIRST. We can see past the rhetoric and doom and gloom to see that the teamsters just want to get more money dumped into the central states health care fund, and that AINT GONNA HAPPEN.

This sunday, we will let our local leaders hear our voices. We will WARN them of the consequences of going against our wishes.

GOD forbid that hall shows up. Unfortunately, cameras and video are banned from our meeting, otherwise, I would film the episode and post on here for all to see.

407, you were sold a flaming bag of chitt, and all you have to do is stomp on it to put it out. You may get some chitt on your shoes, but the fire will be out. You can always wipe it off afterwards.

Right now, the flaming bag is at our doorstep. We are about to stomp on it, then wipe off the officers of our local from the bottom of our shoes.

Stay tuned.

Peace

TOS
whatever you say but I bet this contract passes and when it does it does. You can post a 45 page response but it will be the same. At least you can use it to your advantage and get back in office. I really think that's what you want anyway. Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
whatever you say but I bet this contract passes and when it does it does. You can post a 45 page response but it will be the same. At least you can use it to your advantage and get back in office. I really think that's what you want anyway. Good luck

The last contract password only 65 percent of the vote and it didn't have any of these issues. This one's going down.

realbrown1

[anonymous/QUOTE] Dude I'm a steward who pays dues. Do you?? I respect your brother don't get me wrong but you are pissed that we will all have the same benifits. Right?? Sorry you live in an area where the cost of living is higher. Believe it or not I grew up hood also bro. We are all doing ok and this will happen. You made a mistake in posting I e taken a hand out or payoff. I do this for free but I know the real particulars because I have a brother who has sat there and knows the real deal. What the numbers say. The numbers five years from now will be that the profits will be from medical logistics and supply chain solutions. Freight is dead ground is stagnent and air business too business is good. This contract positions the members who have three contracts left too deep the rewards. If you have three contract or less and you are going full time somewhere in here vote yes. Or you can vote it down and amazon and a whole host of other can leave and we can have more routes cut so you drivers can swing and they can lay off part timers while full timers bump them. I have e ought senority to work and do it in a truck so whatever.[/QUOTE]

You just use excuses to justify that you are a SELLOUT. You are getting your 30 pieces of silver, screw everyone else, right? Not your problem they are getting an inferiour healthcare plan. As long as you get yours.

stink219

396 meeting this Sunday

Once again? What silver? I didn't get anything! I pay dues like everyone. I want my t-shirt and 30 pieces of silver or I'm voting YES on this contract!!!

Once again? What silver? I didn't get anything! I pay dues like everyone. I want my t-shirt and 30 pieces of silver or I'm voting YES on this contract!!!
You getting something. The company is not attacking your pension or healthcare. What do you think is going to happen when they win this. You are next. That's just how it works. Maybe something new could happen. Maybe the yes voters will stand up for what is right and vote no.

stink219

396 meeting this Sunday

My pension was already negotiated. My health is already in a teamster plan. I'm getting same raises and language as you. Same 9.5 protections. My supplement addresses part timers reducing progression and FT opportunities. My supplement addresses my pension and health. Maybe your fight should be to address that issue instead?

browned_out

My pension was already negotiated. My health is already in a teamster plan. I'm getting same raises and language as you. Same 9.5 protections. My supplement addresses part timers reducing progression and FT opportunities. My supplement addresses my pension and health. Maybe your fight should be to address that issue instead?

Wake up dude, our healthcare changes are tied to the Master TA! If it was just a supplement issue we could handle that, however your vote and all those like you will determine our fate.

over9five

Staff member
Wake up dude, our healthcare changes are tied to the Master TA! If it was just a supplement issue we could handle that, however your vote and all those like you will determine our fate.
Are you saying....

Vote No = Teamster

and

Vote Yes = Me-ster

​????

browned_out

Come June 20th we shall find out what happens. I can only hope that 140,000 upsers that are affected by this change of coverage say no.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

stink, YOU still dont get what the brother is saying to you. He is talking about PROGRESSION. FIRST, they reduce our health care benefits, then then attack wages by extending progression, then they attack retirees, then they get language that improves the companys ability to use technology against members... and then..

They come after YOU.

What is it about the slippery slope that you are missing while sliding down on it?

Let me ask you this, (not that you will answer, because you havent been able to so far on any issue) BUT,

How many times since you have been on teamcare, has the plan been UPGRADED over the years and the coverage been improved not counting this "temporary" improvement for this contract? When was the last time your coverage was improved by the central states. Tell us where they REDUCED your out of pocket expenses.

Go for it.

Peace

TOS

rpoz11

Makes me wonder who exactly is standing behing the company and looking at Hoffa & Hall telling them you WILL pass this.
It's you & me : the Teamsters, us the workers, who are being told to accept this and make this accepted nationally.
I can only speak for us in the WCT, that what this is telling us is that they want us to have what the rest of the NATION has and will have after January, 1'st.
Some guy up in Washington wants the NATION to have exactly what this is proposing.

its the UNIONS in this Nation that are being attacked.
The UNIONS in this Nation are the ones that stand in the way of nationalizing what Washington wants.

realbrown1

Are you saying....

Vote No = Teamster

and

Vote Yes = Me-ster

​????
Just on this TA. It is dividing us into those who are getting and those that are having stuff taken away.
Is it really that hard for you to understand?
Another poster with over 20,000 post. People should be banned from BC when they get over 20,000 posts. If you haven't made your point by then, you never will.