396 meeting Sunday June 2, 2013

stink219

My pension was already negotiated. My health is already in a teamster plan. I'm getting same raises and language as you. Same 9.5 protections. My supplement addresses part timers reducing progression and FT opportunities. My supplement addresses my pension and health. Maybe your fight should be to address that issue instead?

stink, YOU still dont get what the brother is saying to you. He is talking about PROGRESSION. FIRST, they reduce our health care benefits, then then attack wages by extending progression, then they attack retirees, then they get language that improves the companys ability to use technology against members... and then..

They come after YOU.

What is it about the slippery slope that you are missing while sliding down on it?

Let me ask you this, (not that you will answer, because you havent been able to so far on any issue) BUT,

How many times since you have been on teamcare, has the plan been UPGRADED over the years and the coverage been improved not counting this "temporary" improvement for this contract? When was the last time your coverage was improved by the central states. Tell us where they REDUCED your out of pocket expenses.

Go for it.

Peace

TOS
My Teamster run health care improves every single year. EVERY SINGLE YEAR!!! Progression? Yeah, our PTers will reduce their progression before even going FT. I never commanded people to vote yes. I have said I was voting yes. Yet it find for people to tell me to vote no? Btw, you need to reread your technology theory. Address it with your BA and steward. If they think its weak, fire them.

browned_out

So that's my fault?

??? If fault is to be put on anybody, then I would place it on Hoffa/Hall. If my fate rests with the votes of people who have nothing to lose, who have possibly better coverage under a different healthcare plan, how is that fair? Why not put all teamsters under one plan, so everyone has the same benefits? Better yet, let the 140,000 teamsters decide without your vote what they want.

stink219

So that's my fault?

??? If fault is to be put on anybody, then I would place it on Hoffa/Hall. If my fate rests with the votes of people who have nothing to lose, who have possibly better coverage under a different healthcare plan, how is that fair? Why not put all teamsters under one plan, so everyone has the same benefits? Better yet, let the 140,000 teamsters decide without your vote what they want.
I 100% agree with your last sentence.

over9five

Staff member

Which is exactly why the TA will pass dramatically HERE.

If we were true Teamsters, we would vote to protect our brothers who are getting the shaft. However, we are not true Teamsters, and this TA will pass.

browned_out

Which is exactly why the TA will pass dramatically HERE.

If we were true Teamsters, we would vote to protect our brothers who are getting the shaft. However, we are not true Teamsters, and this TA will pass.

Every once in a while miracles do happen, my LA Kings won the Stanley Cup and are still in the hunt this year.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
My Teamster run health care improves every single year. EVERY SINGLE YEAR!!! Progression? Yeah, our PTers will reduce their progression before even going FT. I never commanded people to vote yes. I have said I was voting yes. Yet it find for people to tell me to vote no? Btw, you need to reread your technology theory. Address it with your BA and steward. If they think its weak, fire them.

I asked you to DEMONSTRATE those improvements. The best you can ever do is use a "talking point" which you understand to be a fact. So let me ask you this.. The CURRENT C6 explanation of benefits from the central states shows prescriptions at 25% or 75 dollars, and for this contract, the central states have agreed to "temporarily" reduce that to 10% or 50 dollars.

So your telling us, that your prescription care was worse than 25%/75 dollars before the "enhancement" ?

Secondly, what makes you think 25% or 75 dollars is good coverage comparing that to "OUR" coverage of 5 bucks or nothing?

How do you reconcile this?

Do you not understand the concept of a concession? Starting with something better and ending with something worse? If "WE" pay 5 bucks or nothing for prescriptions and now we are stuck with a 10% or 50 bucks proposition, how is this NOT a concession to us in the west?

Answer that.

Peace

TOS

Necropostophiliac

How do you feel about retirees or members who never worked a day of their lives for UPS?

You were criticized, yet you must make a slight at Some indirectly to defer it.

Others begged for you to come back. A lot your post has wisdom, but some are so hateful.

Now the local Taliban poster is starting to return to his old ways.

Slowly but surely, he drops his new Dave and goes back to the old
hateful jealous Dave.

So much for all those that were duped and begged his return. I am
allowed a thought, I hope.

I have a UPS Direct Deposit check, so I am not one who has "not worked" for UPS.

Please reflect, as you metamorphosis back to what your were.

You can neg rep me, reply with mind your own buisness. I do not care.

By the way, sorry to all that I posted and derailed for a moment in this
396 thread. Please forgive me.

Last edited:

Necropostophiliac

Others begged for you to come back. A lot you post has wisdom, but some is so hateful.

hateful jealous Dave.

So much for all those that were duped.

I have a UPS Direct Deposit check, so I am not one who has "worked" for UPS.

The way I feel:
Stuck In The Middle With You - Stealers Wheel - YouTube

moreluck

golden ticket member
How do you feel about retirees or members who never worked a day of their lives for UPS?
Cheryl's nice........you don't think so ?? (Saturday)

I haven't posted under Union Issues since you told the how to doubleclick and make the messages look like they have been read. So you post :censored2: and I'm here now to post that you start stuff and it's the weekend (your M.O.)

Weekends are the loneliest.........get over it , Nancy !! Go clean the litter box.

Your healthcare is locally done, and gets better Every year. What happened to your pension. You think your healthcare will stay like that and it will always stay at a local level. Who's to say that it starts failing or it's the only plan that is good. Then they start to negotiating your plan into another plan and you need are vote. Maybe I'll toy with you on my vote. No, I'm better then that you would still have my vote.

stink219

I asked you to DEMONSTRATE those improvements. The best you can ever do is use a "talking point" which you understand to be a fact.
So give me your C6s.
So let me ask you this.. The CURRENT C6 explanation of benefits from the central states shows prescriptions at 25% or 75 dollars, and for this contract, the central states have agreed to "temporarily" reduce that to 10% or 50 dollars.
That sounds like an improvement. No?

So your telling us, that your prescription care was worse than 25%/75 dollars before the "enhancement" ?
No, we are talking about your 10%. See how you say one thing and change it?

Secondly, what makes you think 25% or 75 dollars is good coverage comparing that to "OUR" coverage of 5 bucks or nothing?
2 issues here: 1) you just said it 10% and $50, but you keep saying 25% and $75. Maybe the issue is you.

How do you reconcile this?
You put it to a secular vote?

Do you not understand the concept of a concession? Starting with something better and ending with something worse? If "WE" pay 5 bucks or nothing for prescriptions and now we are stuck with a 10% or 50 bucks proposition, how is this NOT a concession to us in the west?

Answer that.
Did you forget that UPS doesn't want you anymore? They are all set with your coverage. You can't force them to keep you.

stink219

Your healthcare is locally done, and gets better Every year. What happened to your pension. You think your healthcare will stay like that and it will always stay at a local level. Who's to say that it starts failing or it's the only plan that is good. Then they start to negotiating your plan into another plan and you need are vote. Maybe I'll toy with you on my vote. No, I'm better then that you would still have my vote.
What happened to my pension? Restructured in more reliable way. Increased the fund up 22% in less than a year.
As far as health once it goes local, it stays. We have 6200 members in our local, all getting the same bennies. We just had a vote on bennies about 2 years ago. We went for BlueCross to United. An exact plan was created by United and the local saved 5 million dollars switching. Everyone was up in arms about it at first. All the same speculation, "I saw online" "I heard that blah blah blah" "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!"
Now you don't hear a peep. We get some enhancement or upgrade every other month. Wanna know why? Because we have smart people running the show at my local.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Another poster with over 20,000 post. People should be banned from BC when they get over 20,000 posts. If you haven't made your point by then, you never will.

Others begged for you to come back. A lot your post has wisdom, but some are so hateful.

hateful jealous Dave.

So much for all those that were duped and begged his return. I am
allowed a thought, I hope.

I have a UPS Direct Deposit check, so I am not one who has "not worked" for UPS.

By the way, sorry to all that I posted and derailed for a moment in this
396 thread. Please forgive me.

You got all that from one simple, somewhat sarcastic question??

Lighten up, Francis.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
So give me your C6s.
That sounds like an improvement. No?

No, we are talking about your 10%. See how you say one thing and change it?

2 issues here: 1) you just said it 10% and $50, but you keep saying 25% and $75. Maybe the issue is you.

You put it to a secular vote?

Did you forget that UPS doesn't want you anymore? They are all set with your coverage. You can't force them to keep you.

****************** UPS hands are free and clean from this fiasco. It was The International that suggested that they take over health care plans from the company. The only thing the company did was laugh and say "GO AHEAD" .

You attempt to make points but in reality, show how lame you really are. I asked you to COMPARE "OUR" 5 bucks or no bucks program to Teamcare 10% or 50 bucks and tell us how that is an improvement for us in the west?

why do you avoid the question?

This alone is a concession.

The choice should be OURS to make. The union can offer its crappy teamcare plan that you all in the trailer parks have, and give us the choice of maintaining our superior coverage through the UPS plans. In each case, money appears to have to come out of our pockets, so why not let the members decide if they want to spend it on crap as you do, or spend the 60 bucks a week to maintain our current coverage?

You obviously enjoy taking money out of your pocket and giving it away, but we in the WEST dont think like you backwoods people.

Either way, its clear you dont understand what you are talking about.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What happened to my pension? Restructured in more reliable way. Increased the fund up 22% in less than a year.
As far as health once it goes local, it stays. We have 6200 members in our local, all getting the same bennies. We just had a vote on bennies about 2 years ago. We went for BlueCross to United. An exact plan was created by United and the local saved 5 million dollars switching. Everyone was up in arms about it at first. All the same speculation, "I saw online" "I heard that blah blah blah" "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!"
Now you don't hear a peep. We get some enhancement or upgrade every other month. Wanna know why? Because we have smart people running the show at my local.

YA, the local saved 5 million dollars and reduced your coverage. Sounds like a winning plan. Take it out of your pocket and put it in theirs. Why didnt they spend the savings on a better plan? Your current plan compared to my current plan makes you look like your on welfare.

Peace

TOS

stink219

YA, the local saved 5 million dollars and reduced your coverage. Sounds like a winning plan. Take it out of your pocket and put it in theirs. Why didnt they spend the savings on a better plan? Your current plan compared to my current plan makes you look like your on welfare.

Peace

TOS
I figured out your problem. You can't read. United created an exact plan. An exact plan!!!! EXACT PLAN. We were not downgraded. My local gave the 2 biggest Health care providers to out bid each other.
Btw, I'll do your research for you. Send over the actual paperwork from the plan you are getting.
Read all the words this time please. Not just the ones you want. TDU? I'm sure.

Necropostophiliac

You got all that from one simple, somewhat sarcastic question??

Lighten up, Francis.

Just keep the number 16 in mind.

It will make sense soon. I will remind you and a few others of the numer 16 four to five times a week.

Bye to all, it has been nice, but as you all allow and approve of his type of poster and others, adios to all.

Necro

over9five

Staff member
Just keep the number 16 in mind.

It will make sense soon. I will remind you and a few others of the numer 16 four to five times a week.

Bye to all, it has been nice, but as you all allow and approve of his type of poster and others, adios to all.

Necro

Wow, has this thread morphed. I stickied it because the OP made the kind gesture of notifying everyone of an important upcoming meeting. Probably should have stickied AND closed it to new contributions.

​Anyhow, may I suggest the "ignore" feature INSTEAD of quitting the forum????

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I figured out your problem. You can't read. United created an exact plan. An exact plan!!!! EXACT PLAN. We were not downgraded. My local gave the 2 biggest Health care providers to out bid each other.
Btw, I'll do your research for you. Send over the actual paperwork from the plan you are getting.
Read all the words this time please. Not just the ones you want. TDU? I'm sure.

Again, you cant deal with the facts. Congrats on being on a health care plan equal to state aid.

Peace

TOS