$41 an hr & $61.50 ot = $101,000. FedEx, Amazon Flex, USPS do you guys think that's a fair wage?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Is it possible that you are dumber than us all?

You can't blame him for not realizing that.

i-see-dumb-people-they-only-see-what-they-want-to-see-they-dont-know-theyre-dumb.jpg

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
You talk out of your ass and expect people to accept it as truth? There are hardly any more 30+ year managers because they are super expensive to pay actively and in retirement. That’s why there are so many puke part time supv with zero experience. Also, a newly propmoted hub supv makes approx 70-80% of what a top scale feeder driver earns. Their spouses are not insured and their premiums are much higher than the monthly dues we pay. They already created a second management pay tier a few years back and the days of being a rich partner are long gone. I know this because I had the choice of playing for that team or driving a lifetime ago. We as Union workers have it really good here at UPS in relation to our mgmt equivalents. We continue to trend up in favorable contracts. Don’t step on your dick trying to have a size contest with those in the know.
I know that SDF has retired former managers come back to "evaluate" areas. Used to just be a peak season gig but one former manager has been roaming around since last November. Making bank. Drives his personal vehicle in and pumps the Company's gas.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
You talk out of your ass and expect people to accept it as truth? There are hardly any more 30+ year managers because they are super expensive to pay actively and in retirement. That’s why there are so many puke part time supv with zero experience. Also, a newly propmoted hub supv makes approx 70-80% of what a top scale feeder driver earns. Their spouses are not insured and their premiums are much higher than the monthly dues we pay. They already created a second management pay tier a few years back and the days of being a rich partner are long gone. I know this because I had the choice of playing for that team or driving a lifetime ago. We as Union workers have it really good here at UPS in relation to our mgmt equivalents. We continue to trend up in favorable contracts. Don’t step on your dick trying to have a size contest with those in the know.

"What is Truth"

Truth is that the 30 year management employee is getting a far better monetary benefit (study the UPS Retirement SPD). I quote most have retired with the minimun of 75,000 annually, I got no one challenging me so you can say that I could be right. Once they hit their retirement age of 55 and have the service years in they go, they only ones who may stay probably have several ex-wifes that they have to split it with. They are that well off (MIP Stock)..In the early 90's before it when public UPS was selling at 30 dollars, fact is that most became close to millionaire status when it did.

These part time supervisors are essentially non union hub workers with the way they cannot get people to show up to work and the high turnover ratio. In my Hub these part time supervisors look like they still belong in High School, granted I am getting older but they are not like the ones of 10 or 20 years ago.

The full time supervisors like you said are probably getting 80,000 annually, you are correct that full time driving positions are currently paying better. They do get MIP and bonuses guessing about 20,000 worth annually. They pay for their health and welfare coverages, but so are we it is negotiated per article 34 master, it is part of our compensation package (GWI/Retirement/Health and Welfare). Close to 450 weekly is going to every active Teamster who is working for UPS into our Pension Plans (a few exceptions with I will explain later) and Health and Welfare Plans. Sure is a lot of money as with any good investor this contract is for membership to make sure that they get a good return.

By the way..I am a 63 year old man with over 41 years in..Union heart and soul..
So try not to throw hand grenades...

Last edited:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I know that SDF has retired former managers come back to "evaluate" areas. Used to just be a peak season gig but one former manager has been roaming around since last November. Making bank. Drives his personal vehicle in and pumps the Company's gas.

Many moons ago we had a Labor Manager caught stealing gas on property, fired him..He should be safe with him being retired and such.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I may be a dark shade of red (maroon) but only an ignoramous doesn’t know that the RAILROAD LABOR ACT can be used by the federal government to force our drivers and pilots to work in the event of a strike. Those levers could and would probably be used by our pos President. Dude, wtf is wrong with all you limp dicks who can’t see we need to be cautious in negating a decent offer, when it’s presented to us. Are you all this dumb outside of CA?

Taft-Hartley law is what Clinton didn't use, not the Railway act. Also HE can't fire us for going on strike. Stop spreading misinformation

$41 an hour is pretty good money, even in areas with high costs of living, and you only have a 4 year progression to get to top pay. USPS has a TWELVE year progression to get to top pay and it's 10 bucks an hour less than UPS. I know you have to spend a few years in preload but it's the same at the post office. Are salary and benefits the issue or are workplace conditions and the addition of another "hybrid driver" category the issue?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
$41 an hour is pretty good money, even in areas with high costs of living, and you only have a 4 year progression to get to top pay. USPS has a TWELVE year progression to get to top pay and it's 10 bucks an hour less than UPS. I know you have to spend a few years in preload but it's the same at the post office. Are salary and benefits the issue or are workplace conditions and the addition of another "hybrid driver" category the issue?
Salary? I smell management.

What the :censored2: is this, 20 questions? Do you even work here? Lol.

These guys are SO nervous.

VOTE NO

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Salary? I smell management.
USPS is based on a salary structure, The progression chart makes my head spin but if I am reading it correctly then it is anywhere between $16.5-37/h and it is based on both classification and years worked.

No clue how they correlate the classification though, but different routes have different classifications it seems.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
USPS is based on a salary structure, The progression chart makes my head spin but if I am reading it correctly then it is anywhere between $16.5-37/h and it is based on both classification and years worked.

No clue how they correlate the classification though, but different routes have different classifications it seems.
Interesting.
Doubtful but I'll entertain just for fun.
Hey @Karl Malone you work for the post office?

Lulz

After an undetermined time(1-3 years depending on size of station/ amount of retirements) as a "part time" carrier you get converted to a regular or career carrier. Pay as a a part time carrier or city carrier assistant as they are officially titled is 17-18 bucks an hour. City carrier assistants usually work more than 40 hours a week but aren't guarenteed a set schedule or amount of hours. Once converted to a career carrier you start out about $19 an hour and get a raise every 46 weeks until you reach $31 an hour after 12 years.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

This question has been answered ad nauseam. The post office employees need to stand up for better pay, rather than tell us how great we have it. Let us help lift you up, rather than try to drag us down.

This question has been answered ad nauseam. The post office employees need to stand up for better pay, rather than tell us how great we have it. Let us help lift you up, rather than try to drag us down.
I agree. The letter carrier union has screwed the pooch on the last couple contracts and would hate to see the teamsters make the same mistake by creating a different pay scale for the same job. I know that UPS and USPS are not apples to apples but it's the closest thing we have to compare to in the private sector. I like what I do and have a good work and home life balance. I can choose to work 8 and skate be home before 5 pm or be on the overtime desired list and make some extra money. Seems like you guys have no choice but to make six figures whether you want to or not.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
After an undetermined time(1-3 years depending on size of station/ amount of retirements) as a "part time" carrier you get converted to a regular or career carrier. Pay as a a part time carrier or city carrier assistant as they are officially titled is 17-18 bucks an hour. City carrier assistants usually work more than 40 hours a week but aren't guarenteed a set schedule or amount of hours. Once converted to a career carrier you start out about $19 an hour and get a raise every 46 weeks until you reach $31 an hour after 12 years.

That's ten dollars an hour less than the top scale at the end of the next contract, 5 years from now. Right now its only 5-6 dollars an hour less, and most of you don't have to get out of your llv's. Many of us had to work part time and go through a 4 year progression, taking up to twelve years or more to reach top scale. Just saying...

That's ten dollars an hour less than the top scale at the end of the next contract, 5 years from now. Right now its only 5-6 dollars an hour less, and most of you don't have to get out of your llv's. Many of us had to work part time and go through a 4 year progression, taking up to twelve years or more to reach top scale. Just saying...
Ya that's true. I rarely have heavier than a 40lb sack of dog food from Amazon to deliver and deliver ALOT less packages than you. I felt bad for the UPS guy that delivered my 300lb barbeque and huge trampoline last week. I do an honest days work for an honest days pay and think I may even be a little overcompensated for putting paper in boxes. I mean we don't have stressful jobs or have to deal with life or death situations everyday. If somebody has to wait an extra day for their package it's not the end of the world.