70 hours is now the new 60

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Not true. FedEx Express does not run delivery 7 days a week and we have been on 70/8 for as long as I can remember.
Delivery might not run 7 days a week but FedEx has tractor trailers on the road 7 days a week. That's why you're on 70/8.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I never heard a peep about break times in package. Make it to work, no late air, run decent stops per hour and stay off reports for stupid things. Do that and I would rarely talk to my supervisors. The fact they knew I would bend them over if they messed with me without cause probably helped as well.

You also have to realize what feeders do. When a sort 200 miles goes down 90 minutes late I have no problem running straight through to make our preload. The same goes with late air, when the plane is late and we don't leave the ramp until 6:55 AM they are happy most of our drivers will do everything possible to make up time during our drive. In 170 miles I can make up a lot of time in a turned up tractor...UPS won't pay our speeding tickets but most of us will haul ass to try and give preloads and drivers a chance at making service on air.

The other day I hauled a late Amazon load with 18,000 packages on it. Do you think the other hub wanted me to stop on road and take 10 minutes of break and 15 minutes of meal on the way? Our schedule said that's what I should do on my outbound leg. If that trailer is late most those packages are held up until the next days twilight sort.
You're crazy dude. I'm not breaking the speed limit to make a sort.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Time for the union to clamp down. Nothing more unsafe than a tired driver. More than 60 is too much. Way too much.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I never heard a peep about break times in package. Make it to work, no late air, run decent stops per hour and stay off reports for stupid things. Do that and I would rarely talk to my supervisors. The fact they knew I would bend them over if they messed with me without cause probably helped as well.

You also have to realize what feeders do. When a sort 200 miles goes down 90 minutes late I have no problem running straight through to make our preload. The same goes with late air, when the plane is late and we don't leave the ramp until 6:55 AM they are happy most of our drivers will do everything possible to make up time during our drive. In 170 miles I can make up a lot of time in a turned up tractor...UPS won't pay our speeding tickets but most of us will haul ass to try and give preloads and drivers a chance at making service on air.

The other day I hauled a late Amazon load with 18,000 packages on it. Do you think the other hub wanted me to stop on road and take 10 minutes of break and 15 minutes of meal on the way? Our schedule said that's what I should do on my outbound leg. If that trailer is late most those packages are held up until the next days twilight sort.

Scratching my head on this one
So the sort goes down late and somehow you think it's ok to break the law?
Don't know how long you've been here but doesn't sound like very long

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Time for the union to clamp down. Nothing more unsafe than a tired driver. More than 60 is too much. Way too much.

Fx HD package delivery has been on the 70 hour rule for years, plus we don't get paid OT... hmm UPS trying to go that route too?

Ps, I've seen a few FedEx sleeper teams, but only at the Custom Critical division

trickpony1

FedEx Freight doesn't have sleeper teams. They have meet points.
FedEx Ground does have sleeper teams. They blow by me on the interstate occasionally.
Custom Critical has sleeper Teams as that product is marketed to be time sensitive. They keep that truck moving.