9.5 New Tentative Contract Language?

35years

Gravy route
From UPS rising, tentative agreement, not the actual wording...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the Article 37 (c) tentative agreement, the drivers will no longer need to wait for a violation to get on the 9.5 list or go to the manager to get on the list. The union will collect the names of drivers who want to be on the 9.5 list and provide those names to management in January and June. In addition, a driver may elect to add or remove their names to the list at ANY TIME during the two five month periods, with one week's notice to UPS.

Finally, the provision dealing with repeated violations has also been significantly improved. The current language triggers a review by UPS and the union after three violations in a five month period and a higher level of review after any subsequent violation in that same five month period. The new language removes the first level review and triggers the higher-level review after four violations in a calendar year, which will expedite that process.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, no more waiting for a violation to be added to the list.

But no where to be found is the initial proposal for the triple time penalty and work load reduction (on first violation). Nor the $1 per hour bonus for not going on the list.

So you will still have to fight to get the penalty pay and workload reduction, but UPS will just not get a free violation before you are put on the list.

Improvement, but for those in weak locals who do not get the penalty pay and/or workload reductions now for violations, essentially no change.

542thruNthru

If an under 4 year driver can get on the list. And without jumping through hoops. That is a huge gain.

I didn't think about that. If that is part of the agreement that anyone can now get on the list. I would have to agree that it's a improvement.

MC0493

If you can go on and off the 9.5 list at any time that sounds like a pretty decent deal to me. I knew the original proposal from the union was too far fetched. I'm a cover driver and in progression still and i've managed to get paid out on 9.5 grievances. Just have to get the language to work in your favor. My steward has said just file away and hope it sticks and it did.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
From UPS rising, tentative agreement, not the actual wording...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the Article 37 (c) tentative agreement, the drivers will no longer need to wait for a violation to get on the 9.5 list or go to the manager to get on the list. The union will collect the names of drivers who want to be on the 9.5 list and provide those names to management in January and June. In addition, a driver may elect to add or remove their names to the list at ANY TIME during the two five month periods, with one week's notice to UPS.

Finally, the provision dealing with repeated violations has also been significantly improved. The current language triggers a review by UPS and the union after three violations in a five month period and a higher level of review after any subsequent violation in that same five month period. The new language removes the first level review and triggers the higher-level review after four violations in a calendar year, which will expedite that process.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, no more waiting for a violation to be added to the list.

But no where to be found is the initial proposal for the triple time penalty and work load reduction (on first violation). Nor the $1 per hour bonus for not going on the list.

So you will still have to fight to get the penalty pay and workload reduction, but UPS will just not get a free violation before you are put on the list.

Improvement, but for those in weak locals who do not get the penalty pay and/or workload reductions now for violations, essentially no change.

So if you guys/gals got that little gem, I cannot wait to see what was given back or given up...just sayin.

MC0493

Too far fetched? It was actually pretty straightforward. Everyone is on the list-----you have to opt out if you want the OT.
That aside, the rest of what they were looking for was a stretch. Obviously the company would never want all drivers under 9.5, then they'd have to hire more.

No mgmt spots means better pay, healthcare, pension, and extra weeks vacation for me.
They could fix this problem but they refuse to. Get us out of the building earlier. It gets depressing when you package car looks the same at 10:30 as it did when you left the building. Give people a light day every now and then, with the understanding they will bring it back in early. Quit punishing drivers with the green light of death because someone always cries wolf.

They could fix this problem but they refuse to. Get us out of the building earlier. It gets depressing when you package car looks the same at 10:30 as it did when you left the building. Give people a light day every now and then, with the understanding they will bring it back in early. Quit punishing drivers with the green light of death because someone always cries wolf.
Every time the green light is to help. Which it normally is. I tell them, “i’ll Be 2 days closer to collecting comp instead of only one.”

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
So if you guys/gals got that little gem, I cannot wait to see what was given back or given up...just sayin.
We gained nothing with this little "gem" as you call it. The Labor manager will simply continue to delay/refuse to have the hearings as is SOP now and nothing will happen .Drivers will continue to be violated and over worked

Albert Awol

I'm new and have a question about the 9.5.

If your center asks you to come in early to help preload, and you come in at 8am (for instance), does 9.5 start from there OR does it start from 9am OR does it start from when you hit the road?

Also, are cover drivers allowed to be on the list?

I'm also assuming that this doesn't cover your break, so if you work 9.5 (without taking a break), are they going to take it out of the 9.5 (giving you 8.5) then complaining you only worked 8.5...?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Sorry, I am calling shenanigans! Currently we have a review after 3 violations. Then a higher level review on the 4th violation after those 3, with the end result that the union can force UPS to add routes if they can not fix the driver's excessive overtime.

Now the new and "improved" contract says UPS doesn't have to worry about a review after 3 violations only after the 4th. and I see no mention of adding routes.

WHAT AM I MISSING HERE?