9.5 New Tentative Contract Language?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I'm new and have a question about the 9.5.
I'm also assuming that this doesn't cover your break, so if you work 9.5 (without taking a break), are they going to take it out of the 9.5 (giving you 8.5) then complaining you only worked 8.5...?

Let me make this perfectly clear! If you work without taking your mandatory break UPS will say that they do not have to abide by the contract because you are not abiding by the contract!!!!!!!!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Call me crazy, but why is 9.5 the magic number? It’s a win for the company either way. How about 9, or god forbid 8.5? What are we bothering with this for? A nine hour day with an 8:30 start is still 18:30. Wgaf at that point? How about we fight for pension credit for ALL hours worked, then maybe we will start getting somewhere.

Call me crazy, but why is 9.5 the magic number? It’s a win for the company either way. How about 9, or god forbid 8.5? What are we bothering with this for? A nine hour day with an 8:30 start is still 18:30. Wgaf at that point? How about we fight for pension credit for ALL hours worked, then maybe we will start getting somewhere.
We’ve already got pension contributions for all compesated hours.

Over70irregs

I thought pension credits were only paid up to 40 hours a week, thus the incentive for overdispatching routes? If I’m wrong set the record straight.

PT Car Washer

If an under 4 year driver can get on the list. And without jumping through hoops. That is a huge gain.
In my Local, only drivers that have finished the 4 year progression are eligible for 9.5 protection. They are abused daily with no recourse and I only see that getting worse with the new 70 hour a week rule.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Too far fetched? It was actually pretty straightforward. Everyone is on the list-----you have to opt out if you want the OT.
That’s really not groundbreaking news.... we shouldn’t have to give up anything for Just another way to sign up on the list... this is a small change in detail... nothing more nothing less...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Sorry, I am calling shenanigans! Currently we have a review after 3 violations. Then a higher level review on the 4th violation after those 3, with the end result that the union can force UPS to add routes if they can not fix the driver's excessive overtime.

Now the new and "improved" contract says UPS doesn't have to worry about a review after 3 violations only after the 4th. and I see no mention of adding routes.

WHAT AM I MISSING HERE?
If it is really that straight forward then it’s weak language.... they :censored2: know what routes that get hammered...everyone knows it’s been happening for years... this bs game is getting old...

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I know....was just stating that it is out there and doable in other areas. Should be in supplements and not master.
Nah, I’m sick of all the supplements. Just more givebacks. You get this, but not that, and I get this, but they don’t. Screw that crap anymore.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If an under 4 year driver can get on the list. And without jumping through hoops. That is a huge gain.
Where do read that as being part of the "tennatite agreement".

~Drivers who have not completed the progression are still not eligible for 9.5; neither are cover drivers who don’t cover the same bid route for an entire week or more.~

Last edited:

Inthegame

~Drivers who have not completed the progression are still not eligible for 9.5; neither are cover drivers who don’t cover the same bid route for an entire week or more.~
Right. There is no change to the 4 yr and under restriction. Not good.

Guess I missed that....damn.

How do they define “cover” driver?

That’s not on the ups rising update.

Then people like @Future would only qualify for a half pension.:speechless: