9.5 New Tentative Contract Language?

Future

Victory Ride
Then people like @Future would only qualify for a half pension.:speechless:
AECBB31A-A390-43CC-A328-87965A594C3A.jpeg

Over70irregs

Guess I missed that....damn.

How do they define “cover” driver?
They would change your route daily and blur your bid and say you are assigned to route X or Z. Thats why they are dispatching the way they do. 9.5 grievances would be useless with the definition of COVER DRIVER expanded.

They would change your route daily and blur your bid and say you are assigned to route X or Z. Thats why they are dispatching the way they do. 9.5 grievances would be useless with the definition of COVER DRIVER expanded.
I’ve been able to say that I’m a regularly scheduled driver, like everyone else. That you move around at your convenience. They don’t want me to bid on a rte.

35years

Gravy route
So if you guys/gals got that little gem, I cannot wait to see what was given back or given up...just sayin.
Spoke with a member of the negotiating committee. So far (he says) it looks like no give backs by the union. But UPS could spring something out of left field and abandon all the previous proposed agreements at any time, if they don't get their way.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Spoke with a member of the negotiating committee. So far it looks like no give backs by the union. But UPS could spring something out of left field and abandon all the previous proposed agreements at any time, if they don't get their way.
There better not be any give backs! The only give back I'd be willing to accept is losing the day after thanksgiving, but I'd still want at least another optional day in exchange for it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Call me crazy, but why is 9.5 the magic number? It’s a win for the company either way. How about 9, or god forbid 8.5? What are we bothering with this for? A nine hour day with an 8:30 start is still 18:30. Wgaf at that point? How about we fight for pension credit for ALL hours worked, then maybe we will start getting somewhere.
Pension credits are being discussed at negotiations....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They could fix this problem but they refuse to. Get us out of the building earlier. It gets depressing when you package car looks the same at 10:30 as it did when you left the building. Give people a light day every now and then, with the understanding they will bring it back in early. Quit punishing drivers with the green light of death because someone always cries wolf.
Listen to yourself.... it’s simple... they need to run more cars in a consistent basis....it helps with dispatch, customers, and injuries..... if 80% of the drivers got on the list and used all of their 8 hours and options then we wouldn’t be having this conversation....guys shouldn’t be working past 7 pm... unless you have a late closeout like a ups store.... the union needs to stick to a solid number.... 9 pm is ridiculous....

Listen to yourself.... it’s simple... they need to run more cars in a consistent basis....it helps with dispatch, customers, and injuries..... if 80% of the drivers got on the list and used all of their 8 hours and options then we wouldn’t be having this conversation....guys shouldn’t be working past 7 pm... unless you have a late closeout like a ups store.... the union needs to stick to a solid number.... 9 pm is ridiculous....
It's not going to happen.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

This is because the union let's them shuffle numbers. 50% rule is out dated. If I bid on a certain route. They shouldn't be able to take my work off. Then replace it with another areas work. Should only be adds.