9.5 New Tentative Contract Language?

Dude we gave the teamsters 6 billion to get out. We then gave another 2 billion. Central states manages it into the ground. We still contribute but the portion we control is not pissing money away. Keep thinking it is ups screwing you on your pension.
What is the funding % of the mgmt pension?

35years

Gravy route
I had a center manager who liked to brag about "when he was a driver". 3 whole months..
What a joke.
They put these management applicants in a package car for 30 days so they can claim to have done the job. Usually the easiest training route, with 8.5 dispatches. Never bouncing them from route to route.

Then they think they can do the job even though they skipped lunch, ran and sorted off the clock. Never running a route blind or working 12+ hours. Anyone can run for a few months. Some even for 10-15 years. Any longer than that and it catches up with you.

Just an ego booster for desk jockeys, most of which would have tapped out if they actually had to do the job real drivers do.

happyman2018

33 years in management and you think you can run routes blind, on time like an experienced driver? It would be so funny to see a 50 year old manager become a cut driver:lol:.

I have been with UPS longer than you, and your performance (probable 3 month stint) as a "driver" would not hold up at today's UPS. Believe me, I was a runner gunner extraordinaire 30 years ago (top production in entire district). No one can keep up that pace at 50 years old. So let's not fool ourselves. You would not make the 30 day probation at your age.

Drove for longer than 3
I had a center manager who liked to brag about "when he was a driver". 3 whole months..
What a joke.
They put these management applicants in a package car for 30 days so they can claim to have done the job. Usually the easiest training route, with 8.5 dispatches. Never bouncing them from route to route.

Then they think they can do the job even though they skipped lunch, ran and sorted off the clock. Never running a route blind or working 12+ hours. Anyone can run for a few months. Some even for 10-15 years. Any longer than that and it catches up with you.

Just an ego booster for desk jockeys, most of which would have tapped out if they actually had to do the job real drivers do.

So management are all bafoons. What makes you more qualified than me to lead a center, division, or district. What is the biggest budget you have ever managed. What is the maximum amount of people you have had to lead? I am sure your a good driver. Hats off to you.

35years

Gravy route
Drove for longer than 3

So management are all bafoons. What makes you more qualified than me to lead a center, division, or district. What is the biggest budget you have ever managed. What is the maximum amount of people you have had to lead? I am sure your a good driver. Hats off to you.
I never said they were ALL buffoons (not bafoons by the way).
Nor did I claim that I could do your job.

But don't you see the irony in the fact that you claimed you were a great driver, but never did the job for more than a silly trial period?

By the way, on 3 safety rides with management "demonstrating" safe driving for 30 minutes (over the years)...
-One cracked a mirror.
-One barely stopped inches short of a huge tree limb (because I screamed STOP!)
-One narrowly, and I mean inches, avoided a 60 mph collision with an oncoming semi who had the right of way.

Last edited:

What a joke.

Mgmt should have a minimum:

1. Six months driving.
2. On 50 different routes.
3. 40 of those blind.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I never called you an overpaid scum. UPS employees work hard. Negotiations are a compromise on both sides but yet the words compromise equal give back in your world. Pension problems you have were caused by the teamster union and not UPS. We have paid our fair share and then sum. Keep up the hate your spewing as I am guessing the anger helps keep you going.
Don't know many 50 or older people that say "chill with the hate."
Except for hip @rod???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I never said they were ALL buffoons (not bafoons by the way).
Nor did I claim that I could do your job.

But don't you see the irony in the fact that you claimed you were a great driver, but never did the job for more than a silly trial period?

By the way, on 3 safety rides with management "demonstrating" safe driving for 30 minutes (over the years)...
-One cracked a mirror.
-One barely stopped inches short of a huge tree limb (because I screamed STOP!)
-One narrowly, and I mean inches, avoided a 60 mph collision with an oncoming semi who had the right of way.
It’s not worth it man... they all think we are overpaid scum.... while they all drive bmw’s and infinity’s.....

Observer

It will be interesting how much will be taken and other stuff being added in. There should be information provided as people are going to live with this contract for at least 6 years. I'm basing that on what happened the last go around. It's going to be a long summer.