9.5 New Tentative Contract Language?

happyman2018

Your the reason this company is having issues for not thinking ahead you maroon. The stock is going down because guys like you didn't plan ahead and upgrade the buildings and invest in the company years ago. No I'm cool I will be angry and resentful to people like you that blame the worker for any mistake or loss when the sole blame lands on your door step stupid :censored2:. But hey what do I know I'm just the guy that sees the :censored2: show every day and hears the same complaints from customers why is my air late? Why dont you give me your number so I can tell him to call you since management is the reason why I cant make it out on time. Oh wait you will blame me for being too overpaid and too much benefits that's why. Please go stand by a wall and be useful at doing something for once.
You would do a much better job running the company. Difference between you and I is that I have done your job and was actually pretty good at it.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Happyman, You shot yourself in the foot announcing you started at UPS at 17 or 18. Better off saying you have first-hand experience, knowledge of culture outside of this sick and twisted company. The brainwashing runs deep.

Inthegame

Dude we gave the teamsters 6 billion to get out. We then gave another 2 billion. Central states manages it into the ground. We still contribute but the portion we control is not pissing money away.
You (UPS) didn't "give" the Teamsters $.02. UPS paid their legal obligation of withdrawal liability to the Central States Pension Fund, not the Teamsters. I've already explained the issues facing CSPF so you can search threads if you really feel the need for accurate info, but why cloud your skewed views with facts when fantasy fits you so well.
Keep thinking it is ups screwing you on your pension.
I made no allegation UPS was screwing anyone out of their pension, least of all me as my fund is well managed. I merely responded to your inaccurate assertion of placing blame.
You need to brush up on reading comprehension.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
You would do a much better job running the company. Difference between you and I is that I have done your job and was actually pretty good at it.
Better then half the management we have at UPS, running the company on half staff is not smart. Saving a penny to lose a dime does not make sense, you management will be the ones to blame for losing accounts not the workers. But dont worry come August we will see how good you are at my job there buddy. What you must be 50 or so, I give you a week at best before that heat melts your body in the ground.

BigBrown87

Better then half the management we have at UPS, running the company on half staff is not smart. Saving a penny to lose a dime does not make sense, you management will be the ones to blame for losing accounts not the workers. But dont worry come August we will see how good you are at my job there buddy. What you must be 50 or so, I give you a week at best before that heat melts your body in the ground.

BigBrown87

You must have been part of the Orion program, makes perfect since you get what you put in which is Stupidity. Yes I think I could do your job, air condition and sitting at a desk harassing drivers. But fortunately I have a soul so I guess I'm not qualified to do your job. And get your browns ready for August I would love to see your 50 year old ass do my job. You wouldn't last a week or have too many missed to even be considered a driver now a days.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Actuall

You must have been part of the Orion program, makes perfect since you get what you put in which is Stupidity. Yes I think I could do your job, sir condition and sitting at a desk harassing drivers. But fortunately I have a soul so I guess I'm not qualified to do your job. And get your browns ready for August I would love to see your 50 year old ass do my job. You wouldn't last a week or have too many missed to even be considered a driver now a days.

I am 57 and could run circles around you all day long.

happyman2018

The work stoppage threat is comical at best, but if it comes to that I will work like I did in 97. How much goes into the pension fund while your out? Do you think that you will ever get that back? UPS will be a fraction of the size when you return. Hope you have enough years to hold a route. What about those less senior than you? They are your brothers and sisters until it is comes to seniority and eating your own. Don’t worry we will kick the contract can down the street and cave in. Pass the problems on to the next CEO.

BigBrown87

The work stoppage threat is comical at best, but if it comes to that I will work like I did in 97. How much goes into the pension fund while your out? Do you think that you will ever get that back? UPS will be a fraction of the size when you return. Hope you have enough years to hold a route. What about those less senior than you? They are your brothers and sisters until it is comes to seniority and eating your own. Don’t worry we will kick the contract can down the street and cave in. Pass the problems on to the next CEO.
Good luck working 12 to 14 hr days, oh by the way we dont have AC in the trucks so good luck with that as well. Dont worry I will call 911 when your just about to pass out from heat exhaustion. Then I will ask you how is my job going hot shot, but chances are there will be no strike not that I'm not ready for one. Funny thing is I would almost pay to watch management to do my job for a day without my help or the help of others. Now that would be comical to see.

happyman2018

Good luck working 12 to 14 hr days, oh by the way we dont have AC in the trucks so good luck with that as well. Dont worry I will call 911 when your just about to pass out from heat exhaustion. Then I will ask you how is my job going hot shot, but chances are there will be no strike not that I'm not ready for one. Funny thing is I would almost pay to watch management to do my job for a day without my help or the help of others. Now that would be comical to see.
You are Superman how could anyone compare to you? So humble. Folks probably get smarter and better just standing next to you. Are you kin to Jim Casey?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Yep we are going to believe the guy with the biggest ego on brown cafe. @Operational needs You wanna help me out here with a "yeah ok" I'm still working. :)
70320E6D-86BC-4E83-A976-3DC841F3DD30.gif

35years

Gravy route
33 years in management and you think you can run routes blind, on time like an experienced driver? It would be so funny to see a 50 year old manager become a cut driver:lol:.

I have been with UPS longer than you, and your performance (probable 3 month stint) as a "driver" would not hold up at today's UPS. Believe me, I was a runner gunner extraordinaire 30 years ago (top production in entire district). No one can keep up that pace at 50 years old. So let's not fool ourselves. You would not make the 30 day probation at your age.

Last edited:

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
33 year in management and you think you can run routes blind, on time like an experienced driver? It would be so funny to see a 50 year old manager become a cut driver:lol:.

I have been with UPS longer than you, and your performance (probable 3 month stint) as a "driver" would not hold up at today's UPS. Believe me, I was a runner gunner extraordinaire 30 years ago (top production in entire district). No one can keep up that pace at 50 years old. So let's not fool ourselves. You would not make the 30 day probation at your age.
43BAF3BD-B52A-4172-8570-B40A6B9686DD.gif