A record weekend

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
What's amazing to me is we have an obvious trend. For a few years now this week has been as busy or busier than the traditional peak week.

Yet today we had 3 helpers on road that's it. Then in 3 weeks we will have 20 or more. We need the helpers now.
College doesn’t let out for another 2 weeks.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Ups peak planning
negative-chart-9989462.jpg

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
My helper quit today and they don't have a replacement. I'm taking my lunch and brakes on the golf course today. Probably be a 14hr day but not my problem. I mean come on how do they expect me to work hard in this kind of weather. I think I see a cloud in the distance could be rain. ;)

View attachment 167974
I worked as a helper last Tuesday on a commercial/retail route. We delivered more parcels in 5 hours than I do in three days on my own route. I almost quit myself.

Anthonysg0113

What's amazing to me is we have an obvious trend. For a few years now this week has been as busy or busier than the traditional peak week.

Yet today we had 3 helpers on road that's it. Then in 3 weeks we will have 20 or more. We need the helpers now.

I was really heavy on volume due to the closures last Wednesday and Friday but I "only" had 142 stops so I did not need a helper. We also started at 8. Tomorrow we start at 9:45 and I am pretty sure I will need a helper.

Holy crap! Aren’t you a 30 yr driver and you have 142 stops!!

35years

Gravy route
I was really heavy on volume due to the closures last Wednesday and Friday but I "only" had 142 stops so I did not need a helper. We also started at 8. Tomorrow we start at 9:45 and I am pretty sure I will need a helper.
Why do you let them push back your start time that far?

It has to be within 1 hr of the start time of the original bid here, unless the driver agrees to let them push it back.

JL 0513

Every year we get the same message as we got at this morning's pcm. "It's a lot heavier than anyone thought it was going to be". It's remarkable.

Today we didn't get out of the building until 9:30, on a Monday! Sad state of affairs.

Mandatory Saturdays already start this Saturday (for all drivers). That's about 2 weeks earlier than last year in my center.

542thruNthru

Every year we get the same message as we got at this morning's pcm. "It's a lot heavier than anyone thought it was going to be". It's remarkable.

Today we didn't get out of the building until 9:30, on a Monday! Sad state of affairs.

Mandatory Saturdays already start this Saturday (for all drivers). That's about 2 weeks earlier than last year in my center.

When people don't show up what happens. We get the mandatory Saturday line all the time. Only people that show up are the T-S guys.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

This is kind of why I started the thread.

It's amazing how every single year we underestimate the online sales growth when there's a very clear defined trend going on a decade or more.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Why do you let them push back your start time that far?

It has to be within 1 hr of the start time of the original bid here, unless the driver agrees to let them push it back.
9:45 is absolutely ridiculous. That would last about one day in my center. Why would anybody run their ass off for a center manager who starts so late? No dignity whatsoever.

JL 0513

This is kind of why I started the thread.

It's amazing how every single year we underestimate the online sales growth when there's a very clear defined trend going on a decade or more.

Never mind that the economy is booming for the first time in a decade. So you'd think "someone" would have seen that this would easily be a record peak.