A record weekend

barnyard

KTM rider
Start time was 8:45 (15 minutes later than a normal Monday), still did not leave the building till 9:20. Appears that peak caught my bosses by surprise.

TheFigurehead

Yeah 4% unemployment means lots of ppl with money to spend.

...and no easy marks for UPS to dupe into working here for a month (for $10/hr... plus a weekly bonus they'll never get because not one of them can show up on time for five days in a row) in the hopes that "If you do a good job, we might keep you after peak season."

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Don't worry, stockholders !!!
We've been doing this for over a hundred years.

giphy.gif

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
But don't worry guys we won't be that busy. UPS estimates volume to be up about 5% this year...
"about 5%" is kind of an inside joke in IE

that's what Transportation plans to by default when they have no idea what they're doing

seriously

It's amazing how every single year we underestimate the online sales growth when there's a very clear defined trend going on a decade or more.

our overall Peak piece growth doesn't match that trend FYI

also every building is wildly different in growth, and on which weeks and even days are the heaviest

for some buildings, today will be The Longest Day, for others it'll be Dec 20th

yolo

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Never mind that the economy is booming for the first time in a decade. So you'd think "someone" would have seen that this would easily be a record peak.
the economy is booming but the 1% is getting richer and richer and most jobs are minimum wage.

people, as usual , are spending money they don't have and using the rest of the year to pay it back with high interest rates.

I can not see this economy to continue at this rate. The G never fixed the problems that caused the crash in 2007 and the massive bailouts that we all paid for . History will repeat but in a much larger scale.

just my 5 cents ( inflation )

Kunta k.

My helper quit today and they don't have a replacement. I'm taking my lunch and brakes on the golf course today. Probably be a 14hr day but not my problem. I mean come on how do they expect me to work hard in this kind of weather. I think I see a cloud in the distance could be rain. ;)

View attachment 167974
My helper quit today and they don't have a replacement. I'm taking my lunch and brakes on the golf course today. Probably be a 14hr day but not my problem. I mean come on how do they expect me to work hard in this kind of weather. I think I see a cloud in the distance could be rain. ;)

View attachment 167974
Definitely San Diego by the looks of it. My first thought was LA COSTA. But now I'm thinking Oside.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Same can be said about this weekend. Depends on pricing, or if more things were bought this year. I saw quite a bit higher pricing this year, than last. Don't know if this is because retailers know that people have more money to spend, or what.
You get dumber every day don't you.