A strike will be ugly

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Don’t be a “not vote”. At least vote no. I’m so tired of people saying their vote doesn’t count. Last contract was held up at the supplemental level. We can hold it up at the master level this time.
Absolutely... we have the votes to vote it down for sure....as long as Canada stfu this time...!!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
voting has absolutely no impact except at a local level, a complete waste of time.
tenor (1).gif

F

Frankie's Friend

Would you rather have a great paying job and a less than perfect contract, or no job at all??
A strike will be long, ugly, and most likely a permanent separation between UPS and the Union. If you think that a profitable company of now $6B will not be willing to allow, or cannot survive a strike in order to get the changes that they want/need, then you are highly mistaken.
20180322_222522.jpg

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Nobody wins in a strike.
The ‘97 strike led to the current feelings of management towards union employees.

admittedly, the strike was a bit before my time, but I think current management feelings toward employees has a lot more to do with UPS being a publicly traded company than a 21 year old strike. The management from back then is mostly retired and/or dead.

F

Frankie's Friend

Nobody wins in a strike.
The ‘97 strike led to the current feelings of management towards union employees.
They hated us before that. Come on dude. Were you there? Management has always been abusive.
admittedly, the strike was a bit before my time, but I think current management feelings toward employees has a lot more to do with UPS being a publicly traded company than a 21 year old strike. The management from back then is mostly retired and/or dead.
Agree. It's a new day in the world of hate. The old management (center manager to ORS) knew our routes and customers well.
Now, they just push buttons on a keyboard and behold.......
instant bitter coffee dispatch drips into the cup.
They don't care and probably never will.

Absolutely... we have the votes to vote it down for sure....as long as Canada stfu this time...!!
Many locals are getting fed up with the “vote no” campaign. And that might just be the reason a subpar contract gets ratified. This vote no, no matter what mentally may just backfire.