A strike will be ugly

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Really? Rhode Island or Massachusetts? Two of the tiniest and most wimpiest states in the Union. By the way, what are the size of your hands? I was 49 years old when my Guard unit was mobilized for active duty.
And how old are you now? Someday you may grow up to be full time. Obviously you are not from around here or you would know the history of unionism around these wimpy parts.

F

Frankie's Friend

That’s why I teach them to learn and vote while others complain and don’t bother. In my building, I’m harsh when it comes to contract time because when people complain, the first thing I ask is if they vote. Trust me young buck, I’ve done quite a bit for the Teamsters. I guess 43 is old at UPS. Have you heard me say over and over that part timers CAN change a contract. Yet why don’t they? Horse to water bruh!
Except for L89's part timers. They voted No en masse quantities and got what? Hall did what in response? Think back. There was some dirty political dealing going on there.

Who went to World Port? Some folks on here did and they saw management passing out lit to support Hoffa/hall half truths.
Let's not forget the truth about the last CBA.
Why do you think Hoffa/Hall got stomped in the Central?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Except for L89's part timers. They voted No en masse quantities and got what? hall did what in response? Think back. There was some dirty political dealing going on there.

Who went to World Port? Some folks on here did and they saw management passing out lit to support Hoffa/hall half truths.
Let's not forget the truth about the last CBA.
Why do you think Hoffa/hall got stomped in the Central?
Oh trust me, I’m not saying people weren’t lied to. I’m saying we all need to start reading, thinking and responding how UPS will utilize the language and vote based on that. The “summery” is all useless.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Really? Rhode Island or Massachusetts? Two of the tiniest and most wimpiest states in the Union. By the way, what are the size of your hands? I was 49 years old when my Guard unit was mobilized for active duty.
Wimpy yet union strongholds.

connecticut.gif

What the friend !!!!!
I don't get raped in taxes every week to be left out !!!!!!
Our state bird is the Robin, not the Chicken !!! :)

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Maybe by size they are wimpy, but MA despite it's size is the 15th largest population in the U.S., and RI is the 2nd most densely populated state in the U.S.

ski or die

Ski or Die
I will say I saw that the minimum strike fund payout would be $150.... makes me feel better about part timers not crossing. That's gotta be close to what some are making now and they wouldn't even have to work for it.
Try closer to $55 per week. Also might want to check into how long insurance premiums will be paid before discontinued during a strike. One other thing, union meetings at our local was on Sunday mornings, never seen much participation from part timers, mostly full time drivers and clerical.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
5*30 is 150. Half my normal wages as a PT but you really need to screw up your finances to need that extra $100 per week working.

The young drivers are the ones with the new F250s and jacked up Chevys living paycheck to paycheck. My strike fund is well stocked. Yes I'm bitter and yes UPS can suck it.
I agree. Easy to blow $80,000 on a car, kids daycare and activities, an aggressive house loan, and a million other little things on top.
An xbox does not cost that much on the other hand... But really all I need is an old wii from craigslist and a couple mario games hahaha.

Rack em

Made the Podium
5*30 is 150. Half my normal wages as a PT but you really need to screw up your finances to need that extra $100 per week working.

I agree. Easy to blow $80,000 on a car, kids daycare and activities, an aggressive house loan, and a million other little things on top.
An xbox does not cost that much on the other hand... But really all I need is an old wii from craigslist and a couple mario games hahaha.
Eff a wii, I got an orignal NES and super mario 1,2,3. I'm set.

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
Great, all we need is a lot more uniformed part time and scared newer full time votes. Just how hard was it to turn in a paper ballot. Just keep everybody in the dark till the last second and spring it on them without factual information works every time.

I see a game plan unfolding on this contract: Wait for the last second with the electronic voting, scare the membership with propaganda about layoffs, raise the starting wage to a 2023 minimum rate. Force another bare minimum master with split raises and no real power to enforce. People better start to actually understand what they are voting for or be prepared to again eat manure for the next 5 years, your choice.

Thank God for the Supplements. At least the rank and file in those regions try to understand what they are voting for.

We will see if the current negotiators will be willing to submit an inferior (master) for vote before Aug. Look at the players involved it is like the (Game of Thrones). I do not expect an extension, thinking the company is lobbying Washington to prevent any strike action, they had plenty of time, it is a farce. It is only a 5 year contract if they start to loose money or go bankrupt they can be more prepared to ask for concessions but not of this one.

People, the MONEY is there..do not fall for the misinformation that will be presented.
That's right. Do not fall for Kellyann Conway fake news or alternative facts. Please pay attention!

Maplewood

I love watching management doing what little work there is, in August. It's way too hot for us to be working. Most of us can't get any time off in August any other way.