A strike will be ugly

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
And so were the drivers in the same proportion.
Respect is a two-way street.
It’s natural to not like to held accountable.
We are all jackasses ... just normal folk.
That’s why I don’t give a flying friend about my performance. Matter of fact, I make sure my safe pace is so safe it’s ridiculous. I love working safe. On and off vehicles, so safe. Hand truck, super safe. Communication with customer, ultra safe and lengthy. Do you know if they say “Respect is a two way street!”

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
That’s why I don’t give a flying friend about my performance. Matter of fact, I make sure my safe pace is so safe it’s ridiculous. I love working safe. On and off vehicles, so safe. Hand truck, super safe. Communication with customer, ultra safe and lengthy. Do you know if they say “Respect is a two way street!”
Seriously Dog,
Bitterness will eat you away from inside.
Find a way to accept the past ‘as is’.

F

Frankie's Friend

Respect does go both ways. You should always step in when either union or mgmt is being disrespectful. Especially when one party starts yelling.
Why me?
Call for the @UpstateNYUPSer nerd.
He can have one of his "one sided conversations" with the perpetrator.
And then he will pick his scrawny butt up off the floor when the joe union dude gives him his side of the conversation.

john chesney

Would you rather have a great paying job and a less than perfect contract, or no job at all??
A strike will be long, ugly, and most likely a permanent separation between UPS and the Union. If you think that a profitable company of now $6B will not be willing to allow, or cannot survive a strike in order to get the changes that they want/need, then you are highly mistaken.
Strike or no strike it’s going to be ugly in this place regardless

john chesney

It's getting very ugly lately in my building. Always thought my building would be a easy Yes vote. Lately I'm starting to see different.
Ya they used to be smart enough to back off a little when the contract comes around not now. I think they want to break Union look at the aircraft mechanics.I think they’re looking for a fight

F

Frankie's Friend

It's getting very ugly lately in my building. Always thought my building would be a easy Yes vote. Lately I'm starting to see different.
Ya they used to be smart enough to back off a little when the contract comes around not now. I think they want to break Union look at the aircraft mechanics.I think they’re looking for a fight
Everyone should go to the locker room and take a leak after the pcm.

john chesney

I wonder if the same people that think Orion is great are telling them anyone can do it now. They push us to strike I think they’re in for a rude awakening

PT Car Washer

I wonder if the same people that think Orion is great are telling them anyone can do it now. They push us to strike I think they’re in for a rude awakening
UPS pushed for the Strike in '97. You would think they would have learned. Of course they may be counting on all the new snowflake drivers. The ones who passed progression and finally earning top rate. "I got mine."

john chesney

UPS pushed for the Strike in '97. You would think they would have learned. Of course they may be counting on all the new snowflake drivers. The ones who passed progression and finally earning top rate. "I got mine."
Whoever is calling the shots for this company lately are just plain out of touch with reality

MostHelpNeeded

Maybe I'm just playing devils advocate here, but this has been eating at me for a bit. Do you really think the new drivers would be so quick to cross a picket line? From what I've seen, it's the younger guys who are sick of UPS' :censored2: and are ready to walk. It's the older (40-50) guys who seem to keep believing it's just business as usual. Maybe it's just location, but from where I sit. It's the current/next generation teamster that's going for the no vote. The one's with 20 or so years seem to be content with whittling away their rights...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Maybe I'm just playing devils advocate here, but this has been eating at me for a bit. Do you really think the new drivers would be so quick to cross a picket line? From what I've seen, it's the younger guys who are sick of UPS' :censored2: and are ready to walk. It's the older (40-50) guys who seem to keep believing it's just business as usual. Maybe it's just location, but from where I sit. It's the current/next generation teamster that's going for the no vote. The one's with 20 or so years seem to be content with whittling away their rights...
Good point.... some of these younger drivers are more likely to pop off at the lip when they do t like something... I’m still surprised at some of these 25+ year vets who run like they are 18...