Abortion

vantexan

You said a person with the same brain activity as a fetus, if not for the thing keeping the heart beating, is "otherwise dead" and the plug should be pulled. You give the fetus the right to live but not the grown person?

Hypocrite much?

So a fetus is a person and has a right to live, but if it's a rape or incest fetus, it isn't a person and doesn't have a right to live?

Hypocrite much?
Unfair in my mind to saddle a rape or incest victim with a pregnancy and child too. But one could certainly argue it's unfair to the unborn child to kill it and many do make that argument.

As for comparing an unborn child with someone on life support, not sure where you're getting that from.

vantexan

You said a person with the same brain activity as a fetus, if not for the thing keeping the heart beating, is "otherwise dead" and the plug should be pulled. You give the fetus the right to live but not the grown person?

Hypocrite much?

So a fetus is a person and has a right to live, but if it's a rape or incest fetus, it isn't a person and doesn't have a right to live?

Hypocrite much?
A fetus is actually, naturally alive. Someone on life support is being kept alive artificially. Before we had such machines they died. Up to their family whether to continue that. But a false analogy comparing someone brain dead with a fetus. That might get the cord pulled on you if you know what I mean.

turq

Millions of conservative women are against abortion also. You seem really adamant about getting those babies killed.

Many more millions of women of all kinds want the right to decide what happens inside their own bodies. I am not adamant about anything, except maybe gettin self righteous, pompous, mostly men, who oppose birth control, and any sort of assistance to low income mothers, to get their slimy nose out of a womens right to choose what happens to her own body.

vantexan

Many more millions of women of all kinds want the right to decide what happens inside their own bodies. I am not adamant about anything, except maybe gettin self righteous, pompous, mostly men, who oppose birth control, and any sort of assistance to low income mothers, to get their slimy nose out of a womens right to choose what happens to her own body.
I don't oppose birth control and if it had been used most unwanted pregnancies wouldn't happen.

turq

I don't oppose birth control and if it had been used most unwanted pregnancies wouldn't happen.

Good but unfortunately (HAHA BF) there is a fairly high rate of it not working for various reasons. But all too many of the pro life crowd, are also against contraceptives and any kind of assistance to young, poor women.

vantexan

Good but unfortunately (HAHA BF) there is a fairly high rate of it not working for various reasons. But all too many of the pro life crowd, are also against contraceptives and any kind of assistance to young, poor women.
Catholics generally are against it but have never met a Protestant who was. 60 million abortions don't happen because of failed contraceptives.

turq

So we have Catholics, and de-funding planned parenthood, and we are just getting started....geez I wonder how many abortions that adds up to?