Amazon Impact on UPS

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
At the end of the day Amazon is our customer and if we value our jobs we need to take care of them. Without the customers we are no-where, no matter what the expectations are. We have to do our best for them or they will go elsewhere. People, as I said earlier will never get or grasp what it takes to deliver their items .So we have to bitch and moan to ourselves but figure a way to hit the slider the next time we come to bat.
We? We? We..need to hit the slider??!!

You mean corporate, pal. We drivers not only hit the curveballs, but we bunted for base hits and turned every double play. Corporate jacked this all up, so go ahead and pass your kool aid to someone else. Regardless, of the volume and customers expectations, the plan was weak and failed. Before you say we again, get your thoughts together. Probably a manager..

OPTION3

At the end of the day Amazon is our customer and if we value our jobs we need to take care of them. Without the customers we are no-where, no matter what the expectations are. We have to do our best for them or they will go elsewhere. People, as I said earlier will never get or grasp what it takes to deliver their items .So we have to bitch and moan to ourselves but figure a way to hit the slider the next time we come to bat.
Hell if a BIG LEAGUER hits .300 lifetime he's in the hall of fame----Most 25 year drivers have far exceeded that---Our management looks to terminate for a record like that

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Get real. I am a steward come from a long line of union people in my family. My only meaning was that Amazon is a big customer and has to be taken care of from the top down and the bottom up.Without customers willing to ship items none of us have jobs.Your union helps you get good pay and benefits in a competetive mainly non-union business . So blaming management does nothing. It doesn't work unless we all are heading in the same direction.You mistook my meaning.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
I don't need an explanation as to what the union does and doesn't do for me. Nor, do I need you to explain the business model for UPS. I'm living it, man. Save it.

The bottom line is this: non-management does not make the plan, we execute the plan. So yes, it's managements fault-ALONE. Yes, we are in this :censored2: together, but we are the ones carrying the load and management simply piles it on to rake in corporate profits that go disproportionately divided. Save the brotherly love rhetoric. If you're not pissed off by this year's corporate failure, then you're complacent-your the company's boy. I and the drivers around me are the face of UPS, like it or not. We've been in this together from the start. We saved the company from a greater disaster by working our butts off along with the rest of the operational die-hards. Our corporate leaders failed US. Get it? They failed US and our reputation.
Get real. I am a steward come from a long line of union people in my family. My only meaning was that Amazon is a big customer and has to be taken care of from the top down and the bottom up.Without customers willing to ship items none of us have jobs.Your union helps you get good pay and benefits in a competetive mainly non-union business . So blaming management does nothing. It doesn't work unless we all are heading in the same direction.You mistook my meaning.
my