Amazon is taking over... maybe not.

dezguy

Interesting. Someone does something that he shouldn't be doing and I'm the bad guy for noticing? LOL!! People who sympathize with thieves tend to be other thieves.
You know for a fact he did something wrong?

There have been plenty of time, over my time here where I've released a package at the door and then realized I grabbed the wrong stop or I was at the wrong door. Scoop it up and bring it to where it belongs.

You're assuming he's a bad guy and is doing something wrong based on a 20 second video. It indeed looks suspicious but why not have all the evidence before casting judgement?

You're argument is based off of person x saying "I took a picture", right off the bat as an admission of guilt when it is Amazon policy for their flex drivers to do so at every stop

It will be fine

Exactly how I felt about many managers. The company robbed many of us of our most productive years and heard many managers defend that as if the company was doing us a favor.
They robbed you of your most productive years? That’s some next level victimhood even for you.

vantexan

They robbed you of your most productive years? That’s some next level victimhood even for you.
When they tell us that better pay is coming, just hang in there, the company is looking at midrange raises, etc, yeah I think anyone who put faith in the company to do the right thing got robbed.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Did you interview the accused/convicted? Typical FedEx management mindset that they can accurately assess the situation with insufficient evidence.

If I posted a picture of you with the caption "Wanted-Child Molester" would that be sufficient information for the world to convict you?

When a guy all but tells you he's a thief, it's safe to assume he's a thief.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You know for a fact he did something wrong?

Nope.

You're assuming he's a bad guy and is doing something wrong based on a 20 second video. It indeed looks suspicious but why not have all the evidence before casting judgement?

I'm not assuming he's a bad guy but it certainly looks that way.

You're argument is based off of person x saying "I took a picture", right off the bat as an admission of guilt when it is Amazon policy for their flex drivers to do so at every stop

No, my argument is based off of person x taking the package after he delivered it and the person posting the video said he stole it.

bacha29

Nope.

I'm not assuming he's a bad guy but it certainly looks that way.

No, my argument is based off of person x taking the package after he delivered it and the person posting the video said he stole it.
Looks can be deceiving . Appearances are not always evidence. But at X unless you're management you're guilty until proven innocent and sometimes you're still guilty.

dezguy

Granted, videos are great evidence. What's to say the driver realized after the fact that it was the wrong package, went back to the truck, grabbed the right package and delivered it? Now, the consignee, reviews his/her footage and decides to say they never received the package in the first place and that the driver stole it, only posting the 20 seconds of video that is damning.

You're basing your conclusion on only one side of the story. Video can be altered and customers can but just as big of thieves as the box monkey you so seem to loathe.

Last edited:

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
^ if I recall, all of the Amazon delivery people take pictures of the package at delivery. It shows up with the confirmation email or tracking notification that the recipient gets from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202132680

Yup, my BC got a notification on his Amazon order last summer for the proprietary Motorola usb data cables and it shows the box at the wrong front door. Picture was of a green door and his was red!

Quick email/phone call to customer service to retrieve that misdelivered box and deliver to his home...

@Whither , do the delivery scans record the GPS plot s like UPS and FedEx?

Whither

Scofflaw
Yup, my BC got a notification on his Amazon order last summer for the proprietary Motorola usb data cables and it shows the box at the wrong front door. Picture was of a green door and his was red!

Quick email/phone call to customer service to retrieve that misdelivered box and deliver to his home...

@Whither , do the delivery scans record the GPS plot s like UPS and FedEx?

Definitely. There's GPS data for the delivery scan, the photo, and the stop complete function. Another consideration: every few days I'll have to get one or two or three GPS pins for the deliver location corrected. Have a feeling a lot of Amazon drivers just blindly deliver wherever the pin is located, as if they didn't have eyes to see ha. It cracks me up when I get an 'unable to locate' pkg on my truck and quickly discover that the pin is wrong, then drive a few blocks further up the street and deliver the pkg.

I'm sure my photos have confused a couple customers. When I release a pkg unattended I double-check the address on the way out. Every once in a while I find I've mixed up pkgs at a group stop or just had a lapse. Rather than fritter away 5 minutes calling support to get the scans cancelled I retrieve the misdelivery and take it the correct location one house down. But I've already taken a photo of their neighbor's house, ha.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
At FedEx ground, we can rescan the barcode & apply a misdelivered box code DEX 017... then when at the correct GPS delivery point, apply DEX 018 to update everything on the tracking number

Apparently a BC er had an incompetent driver who didn't do this and was left guessing where his stuff was misplaced

grounds great service