Amazon is taking over... maybe not.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Also, there is a physical property of both liquids and hourly employees.

They both flow to the lowest available point.

A lesson FedEx fails to recognize.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Granted, videos are great evidence. What's to say the driver realized after the fact that it was the wrong package, went back to the truck, grabbed the right package and delivered it? Now, the consignee, reviews his/her footage and decides to say they never received the package in the first place and that the driver stole it, only posting the 20 seconds of video that is damning.

You're basing your conclusion on only one side of the story. Video can be altered and customers can but just as big of thieves as the box monkey you so seem to loathe.

Yes, I'm sure someone did all of that just so they could post a video and say a guy stole his package. Seriously, I'm sure that's what happened! "Hmmm, I have nothing better to do, so I shall alter some video to make it look like the delivery guy stole my package and I shall place it upon the internet..."

It will be fine

Yes, I'm sure someone did all of that just so they could post a video and say a guy stole his package. Seriously, I'm sure that's what happened! "Hmmm, I have nothing better to do, so I shall alter some video to make it look like the delivery guy stole my package and I shall place it upon the internet..."
All of that would take at most a few minutes, it’s not a large investment of time.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I'm not justifying their actions. FedEx is getting exactly what they pay for.

When someone doesn't have a plethora of options, it can hardly be considered voluntary.

Considering the state of the average Ground clown, my advice would be for them to stop doing crap that limits their options.

dezguy

Considering the state of the average Ground clown, my advice would be for them to stop doing crap that limits their options.
Unfortunately, not all are able or capable of furthering their education. Furthermore, a lot of areas have competitive job markets.

Is it better people just say screw it and go on assistance or actually try to be a productive member of society, despite the pay and working conditions not being ideal?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Unfortunately, not all are able or capable of furthering their education. Furthermore, a lot of areas have competitive job markets.

Is it better people just say screw it and go on assistance or actually try to be a productive member of society, despite the pay and working conditions not being ideal?
If you watched the entire video, you would see that he isn't being a productive member of society. His employer deserves an appropriate days work for the wages that were offered and accepted. Damaging company equipment out of frustration is counter-productive. The jerk doesn't deserve another minutes' compensation.

bbsam

Staff member
So,l I have an honest question. The drivers hired by Ground contractors, are they subpar because contractors are cheap and getting rich or is the company simply not paying contractors enough to compensate adequate drivers?

Of course I have my opinion, but I’m curious as to yours.

bacha29

Here's what's not known. Could routing information loaded onto his scanner sent him to the wrong place? Secondly could the consignee have called him back to inform him that he was refusing the shipment after closing the stop? Furthermore, look at the stuff he's pulling off. Conclusive proof that Ground hauls environmentally friendly LTL freight ..... LTL freight without the pallet and he's expected to pull it off and lug it up to the door, or the garage or the fourth floor apartment at the same pace as you would shipments that are in fact true "packages". Not the kind of stuff they're lugging around now.
The incident is clearly indicative of what's happening at Ground . People being expected to match and often exceed the daily production of the average UPS driver and do it for half the wages and minimal benefits if any at all.
Eventually more and more contractors will fail not because of their " management skills" but rather by the disappearance of their cheap labor pool ..... It's the only thing keeping them going and if you look at the nationwide job boards they're crying for drivers XG deems qualified but no matter what the cost of living may be in a given labor market the pay difference is only about 100 bucks a week .

dezguy

If you watched the entire video, you would see that he isn't being a productive member of society. His employer deserves an appropriate days work for the wages that were offered and accepted. Damaging company equipment out of frustration is counter-productive. The jerk doesn't deserve another minutes' compensation.
I was responding to Danos reply regarding the op video.