AMMUNATION

bbsam

Staff member
IMG_0367.JPG

Painted last week of the season. Used 1 to 1 water to paint mix which proved to be too thick. 1.5 to 1 is probably ideal. Didn't want to buy more paint though so had to try to go with stronger mix in one direction rather than the weaker in both directions. Ended up ok. Not tournament quality by any means but easily the best in the area.

Now. Full confession. Lines on a soccer field are the only thing I have ever obsessed over in a neatness kind of way. I don't know what it is. Center circle has to be in the center. PK spots have to line up with each other and the center of the field. The verticals of the sixes will line up with each other and touch the center circle tangentially.

You see, it's all very, very simple in concept. But it only takes a few inches off or 5 degrees off on an angle to make a 330 foot straight line a complete disaster with respect to the rest of the field.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
View attachment 165716

Painted last week of the season. Used 1 to 1 water to paint mix which proved to be too thick. 1.5 to 1 is probably ideal. Didn't want to buy more paint though so had to try to go with stronger mix in one direction rather than the weaker in both directions. Ended up ok. Not tournament quality by any means but easily the best in the area.

Now. Full confession. Lines on a soccer field are the only thing I have ever obsessed over in a neatness kind of way. I don't know what it is. Center circle has to be in the center. PK spots have to line up with each other and the center of the field. The verticals of the sixes will line up with each other and touch the center circle tangentially.

You see, it's all very, very simple in concept. But it only takes a few inches off or 5 degrees off on an angle to make a 330 foot straight line a complete disaster with respect to the rest of the field.
Nice work!!!

bbsam

Staff member
No. I really am the best. Just imagine what I'd do with a D1 college budget!
Lets not get cocky now, Blow it on coke?[/QUOTE]
There was a time I smoked grass and snorted lines.

Now I cut grass and paint lines.

We're kind of a "ghetto budget" club.

Maybe not the best, but I'm really, really good.

bbsam

Staff member
IMG_0439.JPG

By contrast, my daughter sent this to me from one of her tournaments. Not that I'm raising soccer field snobs, but c'mon!

floridays

View attachment 165716

Extremely nice amigo, I'll say very sweet. Can see you like the white lines. messin with you.

bbsam

Staff member
Not really. You take pride in your work.looks great. Do you care for the grass also?
Yeah. Me and my buddy's father in law do most of it. He's retired and I tend to have quite a bit of time during the day so we get a lot done.

Last year I painted 3 fields in pitch dark by flashlight to get ready for a tournament. Worked amazingly well.

floridays

Lets not get cocky now, Blow it on coke?

Maybe not the best, but I'm really, really good.[/QUOTE]
Post more pictures, I like your work. Salute

bbsam

Staff member

Maybe not the best, but I'm really, really good.
Post more pictures, I like your work. Salute[/QUOTE]
I don't think I have any more on this phone. Just looking at that one picture has me itching for the spring season to get here!

floridays

Post more pictures, I like your work. Salute
I don't think I have any more on this phone. Just looking at that one picture has me itching for the spring season to get here![/QUOTE]
Pretty early to be scratching for spring, I know what you speak of though. What's your grass?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Yeah. Me and my buddy's father in law do most of it. He's retired and I tend to have quite a bit of time during the day so we get a lot done.

Last year I painted 3 fields in pitch dark by flashlight to get ready for a tournament. Worked amazingly well.
Can tell is treated with love and care. Looks great Well done.