An Unjustified Competitive Advantage

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Can I ask you something? What personal gain is it to you to defend the honor of a stupid company with the same vigor one with which one would defend their mother or child? Is it to compensate for personal insecurities in your own life? Make you feel important? Or do you actually get paid for doing it?
He gets paid for it and posts on other social media sites. He has also appeared on Browncafe as Thunder and possibly other usernames.
FedEx knows what they’re doing threatens the Express RLA classification. I would also say they know that there will be some level of violence in the newly combined facilities. As bacha29 pointed out, you’re going to have one group making double the other group for doing the same work. Plus, the Express workers get benefits. They aren’t very good but they’re better than the nothing Ground drivers get.
UPS will not stand idly by and see a direct competitor get a free lunch. It won’t be today and it won’t be tomorrow, but you will see legal action(s).

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
He gets paid for it and posts on other social media sites. He has also appeared on Browncafe as Thunder and possibly other usernames.
FedEx knows what they’re doing threatens the Express RLA classification. I would also say they know that there will be some level of violence in the newly combined facilities. As bacha29 pointed out, you’re going to have one group making double the other group for doing the same work. Plus, the Express workers get benefits. They aren’t very good but they’re better than the nothing Ground drivers get.
UPS will not stand idly by and see a direct competitor get a free lunch. It won’t be today and it won’t be tomorrow, but you will see legal action(s).
First of all, yes it’s not very hard to see trouble coming with this combining of opcos and secondly, legal action is on the horizon. It’ll be interesting what kind of pathetic excuse Smith will try to use to keep the RLA.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
First of all, yes it’s not very hard to see trouble coming with this combining of opcos and secondly, legal action is on the horizon. It’ll be interesting what kind of pathetic excuse Smith will try to use to keep the RLA.
Dano has already told us and so has Raj. It's simply a "business innovation". According to them, and FedEx management overall, nothing has changed, so critics like us are just lying and attempting to undermine the RLA. All of the Express employees reporting job cuts, combined terminals, and wholesale hand-offs of Express packages to Ground are just making it all up.

UPS is totally all right with this, and so are the NLRB and all legislators and judges not on Fred's payroll.

See??!! FedEx Express is still the same!!

Last edited:

bacha29

And if past practice is any indication Express will be doing both intown air and intown ground. Fat Freddy isn't going to have his guys out in the jing weeds tearing up his equipment for 4 stops an hour. Contractors will be afforded the opportunity to cherish that experience.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Can I ask you something? What personal gain is it to you to defend the honor of a stupid company with the same vigor one with which one would defend their mother or child? Is it to compensate for personal insecurities in your own life? Make you feel important? Or do you actually get paid for doing it?
Dude, I'm posting facts about the RLA. "Vigor," LOL.

And I love how a guy who says he hasn't worked for the company for a year or two and has no connection to it anymore still shows up here to question why people who work for the company posts here.

59 Dano

Do you really think this company is going to be able to resist Ground delivering “air cargo” with some express stations moving into Ground buildings? Imagine an understaffed Express peak season… You don’t think Ground drivers on the other side of the belt, are going to be taking out truck loads of air cargo Express? They’ll abuse the RLA until it bites them. The “select markets” BS isn’t going to be a valid argument. I see it as an inevitability.
Some of you guys keep getting this backwards.

Ground taking Express packages doesn't affect what Express employees do: the packages Express employees are delivering are still Express packages. Beware of people who seek to conflate the two scenarios.

59 Dano

HE GETS PAID TO POST ALL OVER THE PLACE HE WAS THUNDER AND I THINK HE MIGHT BE ME TOO.