And these pieces of garbage refused to stand with UPS Freight.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Crumudgeon

POW-MIA.. never forget...
What are you babbling about now.... ?

The Union had strike authorization from the members.

But, when UPS made their LBFO and started emptying freight out of the system,

the members panicked.... and voted overwhelming to accept the last offer.
I agree UPS played their hand masterfully, they divided the members by offering a decent deal to the part-timers, a decent offer to the city drivers and a bad deal to the line-haul drivers. They knew the Union was weak, the members divided, and when they emptied the system it scared the crap out of 80% of them. I'm not sure if that was a calculated move by the company and if they would have shuttered the place if the vote went south, don't know. But what I do know is when I sat in that parking lot with my BA to accept the ballots the fear was real. These brothers with mortgages, kids in school, etc., saw the real potential of what in reality is a pretty good living ending that day. We had zero leverage, no support by package, seemed like no support from the International, no support by Kris Taylor, a system that had been emptied, we knew we were drawing dead.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I agree UPS played their hand masterfully, they divided the members by offering a decent deal to the part-timers, a decent offer to the city drivers and a bad deal to the line-haul drivers. They knew the Union was weak, the members divided, and when they emptied the system it scared the crap out of 80% of them. I'm not sure if that was a calculated move by the company and if they would have shuttered the place if the vote went south, don't know. But what I do know is when I sat in that parking lot with my BA to accept the ballots the fear was real. These brothers with mortgages, kids in school, etc., saw the real potential of what in reality is a pretty good living ending that day. We had zero leverage, no support by package, seemed like no support from the International, no support by Kris Taylor, a system that had been emptied, we knew we were drawing dead.
There was little faith after seeing the majority No vote from package, the company agreeing to return to the table, and then the outrage from members when Jr imposed it on the membership. It wasnt a "small" amount of membership that voted as some on here would prop up but the low percentage of members that voted in the strike authorization shows that most knew this "leadership" would not back a strike anyway. Bug blames the members. Corruption in the leadership has destroyed the trust. It's about control of the money and pensions not about the membership and if this government oversight goes away the rats will most undoubtedly multiply. The Chicago mess has proven that with oversight.
Screenshot_20190916-075228_Messages.jpg

Here is an excerpt from Jr's interview about trump's trade war with china. The second paragraph is especially telling. Doesnt he know that the vast majority of part time upsers have been hired at a multibillion dollar company:

Without healthcare (at the time of interview it was a year long wait),

At $10.50 (not $11) per hour. And "on call" for half the first year.

And, Mr. Hoffa, the guarantee is 16.5 hrs a week not 20.

Who is out of touch? SMH

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

browned out

The fact that the Hoffasters did not clearly state that all UPS Freight locations would be striking is disturbing.

The UAW is striking at all GM locations.

Not.... at location(s) to be determined as the UPS Freight possible strike update stated. Jeez.

Put UPS Freight on a smaller island.

Days

Can’t blame Hoffa if people don’t bother to vote. The 2/3’s or 1/2 rule needs to be removed imo. Give the power to the people that vote, and not to people who don’t bother to

542thruNthru

Could give a rats ass about GM and UAW I read the plant workers there are making 60$+ an hour when you include all the perks and benefits. What more could you possibly want? GMs underwater again anyways. Prime example of a greedy union bleeding a company dry.

BcI7.gif

So I guess you were all for the current contract we got. Because you sound like the "we make so much and the public will never support us." Group.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

View attachment 264286

So I guess you were all for the current contract we got. Because you sound like the "we make so much and the public will never support us." Group.
No there’s just a fine line to balance on. GM has posted billions in losses for years and had to be bailed out already last decade. When the company is dying you can’t keep gouging it for pennies. You wonder why they’re running to Mexico for production? UPS can’t outsource its drivers we’re in a special circumstance. I was perfectly content with my benefit package and pay in the last contract, all I wanted in this one was better excessive OT protection and who cares? The union shoved it down our throats regardless of the vote results.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
No there’s just a fine line to balance on. GM has posted billions in losses for years and had to be bailed out already last decade. When the company is dying you can’t keep gouging it for pennies. You wonder why they’re running to Mexico for production? UPS can’t outsource its drivers we’re in a special circumstance. I was perfectly content with my benefit package and pay in the last contract, all I wanted in this one was better excessive OT protection and who cares? The union shoved it down our throats regardless of the vote results.

If they are losing so much money why would they be paying out $10k profit sharing checks? I'm pretty sure I also read they have had $30 billion in profits over the past 3 years.

I believe employees made concessions during the bailout. Now that GM is making record profits you don't think they deserve some of it back?

542thruNthru

My point is..

If we can't support our own. How can we ever expect the public to support us.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

If they are losing so much money why would they be paying out $10k profit sharing checks? I'm pretty sure I also read they have had $30 billion in profits over the past 3 years.

I believe employees made concessions during the bailout. Now that GM is making record profits you don't think they deserve some of it back?
GM lost 3 billion in 2017. And a billion so far this year.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
GM lost 3 billion in 2017. And a billion so far this year.

I'm 2017 they paid $11,750 in profit sharing and had pre-tax profits of $12.8 billion. So you really think they paid 50,000 hourly employees $11,750 in profit sharing with a $3 billion loss in 2017? They made accounting changes and wrote of some things to show the loss.

GM posts strong 2017 despite losses

Where does your billion dollar loss for this year number come from?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I'm 2017 they paid $11,750 in profit sharing and had pre-tax profits of $12.8 billion. So you really think they paid 50,000 hourly employees $11,750 in profit sharing with a $3 billion loss in 2017? They made accounting changes and wrote of some things to show the loss.

GM posts strong 2017 despite losses

Where does your billion dollar loss for this year number come from?

When ill-informed people are confronted with actual facts, they tend to crawl back under the woodwork.