Any of you guys ever get pulled over??

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
I have been pulled over in both feeders & package. Feeders for running a red light(I had overextended my break and was trying to make up some time) Till the local officer verified everything & wrote the ticket I was really late. Another time 2 state troopers were setting in the median and I was in a rental tractor when everyone in my lane slowed way down & I had to move into the passing lane. I had time to signal but some 4 wheeler was flying in the passing lane and he ran into the grass to keep from hitting me. We both got tickets but I didn't get any points. In package I was pulled over for speeding but the speedometer wasn't accurate so I talked my way out of it. I wrote it up but it was not fixed & the next day I was on another trip and the other back up driver got pulled over by the same trooper. He got the ticket but UPS paid the fine. Another time on July 5th I was covering a trip and was pulled over for 57 in a 45 mph zone. The 45 mph sign was missing but I didn't know it at the time. I got the ticket because the regular driver was really a lead foot & they had been trying to catch him. I contested the ticket because the sign was missing & the District Justice left me off on the technicality. The next week while delivering the radar guns to the Barracks the desk officer asked me if I was the UPS driver that got lucky & all I did was smile!

browniehound

Edison cops are the biggesst d***s in the state, I know from hanging out in that town as a kid. I've only been stopped once & it was because I was parking for lunch in front of a pizza place where a sign read "No Parking Anytime" because there was a bank drive through exit right by it. However the bank had been closed & turned into an eye glass center & the drive through was now closed. Cop yelled at me "I dont care who you think you are or who you work for you cant park there, I better not see you parked there again". I stopped parking there & now all the cops park there to take their lunch at hte pizza place. Abuse of power anyone?

Fish,
Its funny you say that because all I have experienced from any cop was leniency while driving the truck or in my browns. The worst I ever got was "slow do or you WILL get a ticket" and "you can't unload in a handicap spot".

They understand we have a job to do, and I'm happy that they would rather spend their time looking for armed robbers and drug deals than giving the UPS driver a parking ticket.

thom1842

We have 2 or 3 drivers a month get picture redlight tickets.They cost 70$ flat charge.The tickets are sent to the hub.Ups figures out who was driving vehicle that day and the driver pays the fine..The DM isn't too thrilled with this mail..

In Minneapolis the red light cameras were challenged in court by drivers who got tickets and claimed someone else was driving their car. Since the camera doesn't spot the driver just the vehicle all the tickets that were given out by the cameras were voided, unless you already paid them of course, since that is the same as admitting guilt.

upsdude

Pulled over? Oh yeah. I’m heading up the road with Tieguy in the jump seat, he’s doing a S&V and OJS ride. He’s been pointing out every little thing I’ve done wrong and all the sudden I look in the mirror and see the flashing blue lights. I slow and pull over while Tie starts bouncing off the bulkhead. The instant the cop gets to my door Tie lays into the guy. Tie tells him he should have asked for my license and registration over the PA to save time. Tie also yells at him for not walking fast enough from his car to mine. He asks the cop how many tickets an hour he writes.

Finally the cop asked me who the H E double hockey sticks the loud mouth is. I told him he was my manager checking on my skills and that we’re out of the Brown Café Center. He asked me how long I’ve worked for the #######, told him since about 99 or 2000. The cop then said he had stopped me for speeding but felt sorry for me now and was going to let me go.

After the cop got back in his car and drove away Tie looked at me and said, “Works every damn time, lets get going”.

atatbl

Pulled over? Oh yeah. I’m heading up the road with Tieguy in the jump seat, he’s doing a S&V and OJS ride. He’s been pointing out every little thing I’ve done wrong and all the sudden I look in the mirror and see the flashing blue lights. I slow and pull over while Tie starts bouncing off the bulkhead. The instant the cop gets to my door Tie lays into the guy. Tie tells him he should have asked for my license and registration over the PA to save time. Tie also yells at him for not walking fast enough from his car to mine. He asks the cop how many tickets an hour he writes.

Finally the cop asked me who the H E double hockey sticks the loud mouth is. I told him he was my manager checking on my skills and that we’re out of the Brown Café Center. He asked me how long I’ve worked for the #######, told him since about 99 or 2000. The cop then said he had stopped me for speeding but felt sorry for me now and was going to let me go.

After the cop got back in his car and drove away Tie looked at me and said, “Works every damn time, lets get going”.

I'm almost in tears..... priceless.

bugman74

I dont get pulled over but I average about two tickets a week from the same motorcycle cop in Atlantic City for parking. The really funny thing is that I am parked in a spot that has a sign that says parking for UPS, FedEx and DHL only. Everyday we have the same discussion, I say hey there is a sign and this spot was created by the city and yet he always says it is not an ACPD approved spot. Then he will say are you gonna move? I always say, nope, I guess I will take a summons! It is getting really old and very annoying. Seven tickets in three weeks.

New Englander

I was pulled over once as I didn't slow down fast enough for a quick drop from a 45 to a 25 heading into a town zone in my personal vehicle while in my browns.

I love it when they think that giving you a ticket will cost you your job! :)

wornoutupser

I was pulled over several years ago on a major highway by a Florida Fish and Game Commission officer that was towing his boat! It was fun to see all the locals looking at me on the side of the road.

He wanted his personal package for his house. I took a ribbing for that for a loooong time!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
A law-enforcement officer that pulls you over to see if you have a package for him is technically guilty of false arrest, as well as abuse of authority.
That being said, I wouldnt mind if it happened to me. I figure that it couldnt hurt to be on good terms with that cop, and perhaps he might feel like he owed me a favor in the future.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
A law-enforcement officer that pulls you over to see if you have a package for him is technically guilty of false arrest, as well as abuse of authority.
That being said, I wouldnt mind if it happened to me. I figure that it couldnt hurt to be on good terms with that cop, and perhaps he might feel like he owed me a favor in the future.

Being on good terms with the guy with the gun is always good, radar or otherwise! I used to deliver an area where we delivered most of the Main St. business's from the alley(very narrow) and people would try to use the alley to beat traffic. They would go crazy when they'd get blocked in by delivery and service vehicles. They'd want you to move so they'd get out but it wasn't happening. Usually a business owner would have to call the cops to settle the guy or girl down.

Another local cop would always have the speed trap set up just off the Interstate exit and on occasion I'd forget about it while making pick ups. He'd turn on the lights briefly and shake his finger at me. That occasional cup of coffee & donut was good for times like that!

InTheRed

I always thought Woodbridge and Roselle Park were the worst,Roselle Park will pull you over for anything. 1mph over the speed limit.

Ocean Township, West Long Branch, and Hightstown will do the same.

I never had issues with Woodbridge or Roselle Park.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
Many years ago while doing 70 in a 55 zone cop whips around and pulls me over. He just wanted to get his new hunting rifle from me. Scared the crap out of me.:anxious:

rama'nfeeders

I've been pulled over many times in my personal vehicle w/ my BROWNS on and everytime the troopers in NJ would give me a verbal warning, a written warning or the worst a seatbelt ticket. So thumbs up to the troopers in NJ for leeway they have given me in the past 14 years for no points against my license. I have only been pulled over in my Feeder on RT.80 E by a trooper and that was because my airline was dragging on the ground creating sparks..... they stopped me so I could hook up the line so it didn't break off and cause any damage or accident.

Hedley_Lamarr

I've been pulled over many times in my personal vehicle w/ my BROWNS on and everytime the troopers in NJ would give me a verbal warning, a written warning or the worst a seatbelt ticket. So thumbs up to the troopers in NJ for leeway they have given me in the past 14 years for no points against my license. I have only been pulled over in my Feeder on RT.80 E by a trooper and that was because my airline was dragging on the ground creating sparks..... they stopped me so I could hook up the line so it didn't break off and cause any damage or accident.
NJ State Troopers rule!

Hedley_Lamarr

I always thought Woodbridge and Roselle Park were the worst,Roselle Park will pull you over for anything. 1mph over the speed limit.
Gotta watch yourself in Woodbridge. Also Clark, especially if your a minority. Cranford is the same way. I know all the cops in Cranford so I have no problem there, Westfield too....