Any of you guys ever get pulled over??

nomex

I was pulled over in a res area for rolling a stop sign. ON I swear to God NEW Years EVE Day! The cop ran my plates and thier dispatch made a small mistake resulting in him (The Cobra they call him) takeing my licese plate off my package car. He drove away after saying "you better not move this truck" It took my center manager 50 min to clear it up and the cobra had to reinstall it and appologize. I still ended up in traffic school!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
nomex, The officer took the license plate off your Package Car? I have never heard of anything that stupid.

Big Babooba

I was pulled over in a res area for rolling a stop sign. ON I swear to God NEW Years EVE Day! The cop ran my plates and thier dispatch made a small mistake resulting in him (The Cobra they call him) takeing my licese plate off my package car. He drove away after saying "you better not move this truck" It took my center manager 50 min to clear it up and the cobra had to reinstall it and appologize. I still ended up in traffic school!

nomex, The officer took the license plate off your Package Car? I have never heard of anything that stupid.
In my state, the police can pull the plates if the vehicle comes back uninsured, unregistered or if the plates belong on another vehicle. Also if the vehicle is on a public way, they will also have it towed.

rckfrd98

I wnet about 15 minutes past the usaul time to break off for p/u's. was easily doing 50 in a 30 racing to the other end of my route. came over a hill and there was cop with radar gun. i look at him he looks at me and gives me the shame shame shame with his hands. about a week later i saw him at 7/11 and bought him a coffee. his response was " i've been a cop in this town for 10 years and never had a problem with you buster browns. slow it down and have a nice day! and thanks for the coffee.

One Christmas Eve, just about sundown I topped a rise in the road (we don't have actual hills in my part of the country) and there was Smokey coming from the opposite direction. I was only about 15 over the limit but he pulled me over anyway. I told him I was in a huge hurry to get my last two stops done before they left for Granma's house and he told be to slow down and get home safe to my family. Merry Christmases were exchanged and we went on our respective ways. LOL, I did ask him which direction he was hitting the highway a few miles behind me, he said " That's for me to know and you to worry about."

wannabeups

I delivered to a small town. One officer alway stopped me because he was looking for his cigars. I used to pull the police cars over to give them their packages. Once I pulled up to an officer while he was writing a ticket. I opened the back door to the cruiser, put all the town's packages in the back seat, got the signature and left. Another time in the same town, I was driving down a deserted section of the main road at night doing at least 30 MPH over the limit. As I was passing some tobacco sheds, I noticed a police car sitting next to one. He didn't even give me a second look. A couple of days later the Chief of Police came up to me and told me that he saw me. He asked me how fast I was going and I told him "Wicked fast". He laughed and walked away.

LMAO, that would make a good skit on the comedy channel. Man, a UPS driver pulling over a policeman.

finaddict

Like many citys, in Richmond, VA people park thier cars along the side of the road in front of the homes since there are no driveways. To deliver, we use flashers and double park, other traffic simply goes around. No big deal, residential areas. One city cop likes to harrass delivery guys (not just UPS) and will give a warning to find a parking space somewhere, which could be blocks away or he would write a reckless driving citation. And he has written them to a couple guys. I got into the Reckless driving argument over a parked pkg car while your not even in it. There is portion of the VA state code that covers it. Also, alot of you may not know it but almost all company class 8 vehicles (Tractors) are limited to anywhere between 60 and 72 mph. UPS feeders are either 68 or 72mph depending on the run.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
We have 2 or 3 drivers a month get picture redlight tickets.They cost 70$ flat charge.The tickets are sent to the hub.Ups figures out who was driving vehicle that day and the driver pays the fine..The DM isn't too thrilled with this mail..

The Police Dept. in my area just recently got a van that takes pictures of speeders (with this van it can be stationed anywhere) and I do see it all around town particularly around school zones. Its just another revenue maker for the city and it must be doing well because this department has all new cars with new graphics.

As for the original question never got pulled over but came close many times. I really don't think they target us, hell..we're professional drivers...right??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We recently had our first traffic camera installed and it is still in the testing phase. They plan on going live soon and will issue warnings only for the first few weeks or so before they will start issuing tickets.

I have only been pulled over once (California stop) but can recall one other time when I was driving a bit too fast through a well-known speed trap and the trooper put on her yellow lights and motioned for me to slow down.