Any of you guys ever get pulled over??

Hedley_Lamarr

I got pulled over on Tuesday by one of Edison, NJ's finest for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. I didn't get a ticket, I showed my many PBA and FOP cards, and he let me go. I was just surprised to get pulled over, I didn't think the cops really bothered us...

Big Babooba

I delivered to a small town. One officer alway stopped me because he was looking for his cigars. I used to pull the police cars over to give them their packages. Once I pulled up to an officer while he was writing a ticket. I opened the back door to the cruiser, put all the town's packages in the back seat, got the signature and left. Another time in the same town, I was driving down a deserted section of the main road at night doing at least 30 MPH over the limit. As I was passing some tobacco sheds, I noticed a police car sitting next to one. He didn't even give me a second look. A couple of days later the Chief of Police came up to me and told me that he saw me. He asked me how fast I was going and I told him "Wicked fast". He laughed and walked away.

filthpig

I've gotten pulled over for making a U-turn. Had a supe in the car with me, too. Yes, I got a ticket. No the supe didn't care.

feeder

Central Pa Member
Long time ago when I was temp-cover driver, I was stopped by a police officer. The story goes like this: He(the police officer) couldnt figure out if to charge me for making an illegal left turn because he witness a pkg car doing that illegal act unto a street marked for not making left turns.. Because I, being African-American and the other driver who borders my route is black as well. We were both on the same street when the officer stopped me....He told me the scenario about not knowing who exactly was the culprit and let me go... Bottom line is that, I was the one who made the left turn..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I got pulled over once for a California stop--no ticket.

We had one driver who had a really bad day. He was driving to work in his personal car and decided to pass a stopped school bus which had its red lights flashing. He was seen by an off-duty trooper who caught up to him and, while he was unable to write him a ticket, tore him a new one. Well, the driver was pulled over for speeding later that day in his pkg car and, you guessed it, it was the same trooper. I guess the trooper had a field day with the driver, who later lost his job when he was involved in a multiple car accident. He was following 2 cars and was distracted when the first car stopped, the 2nd car stopped but our driver did not.

For the most part, you have to be doing something really stupid to get pulled over as they tend to give us a great deal of leeway as they know what our jobs entail.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have never been pulled over in a package car, I have been on my route for 14 years and I know where all the speed traps are. I drive thru them at 1 MPH below the limit, and wave to the officers as I pass them. They smile and wave back.

satellitedriver

I had to drive an old P6 while mine was being PM,d.
It would show 45mph on the speedo and I was passing people like they were standing still.
I wrote this up on the dvir for two days and the mech said every thing was in working order.
I spotted a Highway Patrol cop taking a break at a local store.
I walked up to him and asked if he could shoot my speed and explained my concern.
He said no problem, I said I will top that hill going 55mph on my speedo.
Did it and when I pulled up to his car he was smiling. He said son I am only going to give you a warning for going 76 in a 55.
He said maybe the warning ticket would get the mechs attention and he also thanked me for being so aware of my vehicle.
The mech almost fell over himself apologizing to me.

upsgrunt

I just started a new bid route 6 weeks ago and I am in a diesel P7. I can bury the speedo to, like 88 mph, yet cars are pulling away from me on the interstate. I told the mech. and he just laughed. Maybe I should try the Satellite test.

outamyway

I've never been pulled over but the other day in a newer gas p57 I floored it up to 80 in no time. I was afraid to go faster.

I could go 80 in an 800, if I drove it out of an airplane at 10,000 feet.

Most of the new 700's I've driven can could go way over 80 but they have some kind of speed limiter on them.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Twice; once at the airport ....there were two troopers watching traffic, one of them pulled me over, as he was walking towards me a car blew thru a stop sign and took off, he jumped into his cruiser and went after it. I sat there for a couple of minutes until the other trooper came over & told me to move along.
The other time I was doing a Saturday route in Natick, Ma and to get from one side of town to the other it was quicker to go into the bordering town,the road follows a stone wall of a farm, and sure enough in the only break along this wall sat a police cruiser with a radar gun. He pulled me over and when he walked up to my cab, I stated that I knew I was going to fast, he let me go with a verbal warning. Then next time I drove along that road I did 20mph ,had traffic backed up quite a bit, yet no cop this time.

Bad Gas!

We have 2 or 3 drivers a month get picture redlight tickets.They cost 70$ flat charge.The tickets are sent to the hub.Ups figures out who was driving vehicle that day and the driver pays the fine..The DM isn't too thrilled with this mail..

Fishbulb

Edison cops are the biggesst d***s in the state, I know from hanging out in that town as a kid. I've only been stopped once & it was because I was parking for lunch in front of a pizza place where a sign read "No Parking Anytime" because there was a bank drive through exit right by it. However the bank had been closed & turned into an eye glass center & the drive through was now closed. Cop yelled at me "I dont care who you think you are or who you work for you cant park there, I better not see you parked there again". I stopped parking there & now all the cops park there to take their lunch at hte pizza place. Abuse of power anyone?

raceanoncr

Pulled over on I-294 in IL. On way to CACH in sleeper, traffic (of course) was horrible. A few miles to go and with that mileage, sleeper mentality, I whips out in left lane (illegal for trucks) and proceeded to pass everything on the road, nudging the truck well past the posted 55 limit. Coming around a corner, it was too late to back off and get in middle lane to avoid IL trooper sitting on hammer shoulder.

Shortening the story, he wrote warning for 64 and left lane and said don't do it no mo! Luckily, speed-anal partner didn't wake up to witness that.

ikoi62

Edison cops are the biggesst d***s in the state, I know from hanging out in that town as a kid. I've only been stopped once & it was because I was parking for lunch in front of a pizza place where a sign read "No Parking Anytime" because there was a bank drive through exit right by it. However the bank had been closed & turned into an eye glass center & the drive through was now closed. Cop yelled at me "I dont care who you think you are or who you work for you cant park there, I better not see you parked there again". I stopped parking there & now all the cops park there to take their lunch at hte pizza place. Abuse of power anyone?
I always thought Woodbridge and Roselle Park were the worst,Roselle Park will pull you over for anything. 1mph over the speed limit.

rod

Retired 22 years
I got pulled over at least twice a week by State Patrols looking for their golfing equipment. They were nice guys. There was one bad one though that did stop me for going 57 in a 55. He said I was sucking the cars behind me along and if I slowed down they would to. I never did find out which planet he came from. :happy2: Actually everbody and their brother had been passing me up to that point.