Anybody in a rtw State... read

Faceplanted

Anybody who voted no, or anybody who has any respect for the democratic process, I recommend they contact their union hall and ask for with withdraw papers. Do the right thing. Don’t give them your money if they won’t fight for you.

Anybody who voted no, or anybody who has any respect for the democratic process, I recommend they contact their union hall and ask for with withdraw papers. Do the right thing. Don’t give them your money if they won’t fight for you.
If you think you’re upset now, just wait until you make that call and find out there’s only a 15 day window you can legally opt out. Sure pissed me off

DirtySouth

This is tucking your tail between your legs and running like a beat dog. Shame on you.

If your local pushed this contract then vote them out of office. If no one is willing to run, run yourself.

Hroller

Zero. Only downfall I can think of off top of my head is you can’t vote. But it’s obvious that doesn’t matter much after tonight
Unless you are a friend-Up, you really don't need the union to protect you.
I was "falsely fired". My union rep filed a grievance on my behalf.....immediately afterwards, a lawyer....who I never knew contacted me and said he could not only get my job back, but also a six figure settlement.
I talked to my union rep....he stated "let us handle this, don't rock the boat....you will get your job back?"
He was right....I did get my job back.....after a 5 week suspension for something I did not do.
But I understand....my steward is basically a blue collar guy with very little, if any negotiation skills.

My mindset has changed. I now want management to friend with me.
I will handle it "my way"

Zero. Only downfall I can think of off top of my head is you can’t vote. But it’s obvious that doesn’t matter much after tonight
You can't vote or run for Union office or be a Steward. You will be an outcast and a scab. Enjoy your $40/hr wage and free health care for you and your family and eventually a pension worth a lot more then most Americans can hope to earn working.

Unless you are a friend-Up, you really don't need the union to protect you.
I was "falsely fired". My union rep filed a grievance on my behalf.....immediately afterwards, a lawyer....who I never knew contacted me and said he could not only get my job back, but also a six figure settlement.
I talked to my union rep....he stated "let us handle this, don't rock the boat....you will get your job back?"
He was right....I did get my job back.....after a 5 week suspension for something I did not do.
But I understand....my steward is basically a blue collar guy with very little, if any negotiation skills.

My mindset has changed. I now want management to friend with me.
I will handle it "my way"
I agree. My shop steward actually participated in setting me up. No :censored2:. I got my job back only because I had it recorded. I went ten years frustrated beyond explanation at my local’s support. After I was discharged, that was it. I am pro union but I’m not stupid. I can represent myself, which I was essentially doing all along, myself. Paying someone to abuse you is ignorant imo.
Glad you got your job back.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You can't vote or run for Union office or be a Steward. You will be an outcast and a scab. Enjoy your $40/hr wage and free health care for you and your family and eventually a pension worth a lot more then most Americans can hope to earn working.
That’s the way it should work, but things aren’t working that way now are they?

Lol. If you were at my building you’d feel differently. I see exactly where you’re coming from and honestly wish I still felt that way. There’s nothing that remotely resembles a brotherhood here. And I call for years complaining about the culture. All the local would say if that were going on wed hear more about it. Or not respond at all. I wish I had the time to explain all the instances. You’d be shocked. But I worked hard and put up with untold abuse to be where I’m at. BA would drop my grievances behind my back. So, I’m staying and I will enjoy all the benefits, just like the union stole off me

browned out

Staying in this company controlled union is ignorant. They litteraly have told you that your vote does not matter. They could have and should have changed the constitution knowing the vast number of fly by night part time employees don't care to vote. The 2013 contract and it looks like the 2018 CBA both will be forced regardless of the NO vote majority. This union is NOW a cancer. It is corrupt and has been in collusion with UPS for many years. A message needs to be sent now. OPT out of this version of the Teamsters. When new leadership rises that actually represents the members, sign back up and pay initiation fees again. Donate your would be dues to New Leadership candidates. Why pay dues to people who cut your benefits, wages, and allow your terms of employment to deteriorate and render your vote meaningless?

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

all this did was divide the workforce. The old timers with the sweet pensions and cake routes and the young guys with insolvent retirement plans and 6$ less pay for the same job. As long as the old guys get to watch football on Sunday’s they don’t care. Now the young guys hate everyone including union and management will jump on that opportunity to rear a new generation of anti union workers while the old guys fizzle out with their suitcase full of money. The jobs been tainted and devalued it goes downhill from here, by the time I retire they have some dimwit who can’t read or speak English making 8.25$ an hour doing what we do.

DirtySouth

Staying in this company controlled union is ignorant. They litteraly have told you that your vote does not matter. They could have and should have changed the constitution knowing the vast number of fly by night part time employees don't care to vote. The 2013 contract and it looks like the 2018 CBA both will be forced regardless of the NO vote majority. This union is NOW a cancer. It is corrupt and has been in collusion with UPS for many years. A message needs to be sent now. OPT out of this version of the Teamsters. When new leadership rises that actually represents the members, sign back up and pay initiation fees again. Donate your would be dues to New Leadership candidates. Why pay dues to people who cut your benefits, wages, and allow your terms of employment to deteriorate and render your vote meaningless?

I agree with part of your post and absolutely disagree with other parts.

Hoffa and everyone close to him have got to go. They're not only killing us, they're killing the entire American labor movement. If this TA gets implemented, that will prove they're in collusion with UPS and -- like a cancer -- need to be cut out.

We need new leadership. We can't elect new leadership if we abandon the union. We can't withdraw and then donate money to Teamster candidates; that's illegal as you have to be a member to donate to Teamster campaigns to avoid employer collusion.

I understand the frustration. I've watched my local stand in lockstep with this crooked :censored2:ing administration for long enough. The only difference is that I'm not planning on taking my ball and going home.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I agree with part of your post and absolutely disagree with other parts.

Hoffa and everyone close to him have got to go. They're not only killing us, they're killing the entire American labor movement. If this TA gets implemented, that will prove they're in collusion with UPS and -- like a cancer -- need to be cut out.

We need new leadership. We can't elect new leadership if we abandon the union. We can't withdraw and then donate money to Teamster candidates; that's illegal as you have to be a member to donate to Teamster campaigns to avoid employer collusion.

I understand the frustration. I've watched my local stand in lockstep with this crooked :censored2:ing administration for long enough. The only difference is that I'm not planning on taking my ball and going home.
The 64% of brothers and sisters already took the ball home. Why bother voting if it doesn’t matter? Why do you think Republican voter turnout is so low in California? They’ll never win and their vote doesn’t matter. The last time this union had a pair and went after the company was in ‘97 under Ron Carey and look what happened to him. Railroaded and tossed aside by Hoffa and the old guard, because he dared to challenge the status quo. I think it’s a lost cause no matter who is in charge. As long as the money flows and we don’t have enough to sway the breeze we’ll never win.