Anyone care to speculate on why UPS insiders are selling UPS stock?

InsideUPS

This is just weird.
I can delete for you if you want me to.
Or transfer it to a relevant thread.
Let me know.
You OK?

Absolutely fine Hoaxster....thank you for asking........just responding to satellitedriver who likes to refer to people in this thread as those sitting in the "cheap seats looking down at the professionals on the playing field". As an ex collegiate athlete (UK Football).....I thought that since he wanted to play the "analogy game" .....I would respond in a manner that he appears to best understand........ after all..... he is "My Favorite Martian"....

satellitedriver said:
I am a 27yr driver, I am a share holder, I re-balance my portfolio twice a year and have a net worth that is twice the average teamster UPS driver.
In 1997, after 11yrs being a teamster, I turned in my union card and took my financial future into my own hands.
Management, nor the teamsters, control my financial life.

Talking about "weird".....I wonder where we obtain the "Net Worth" of the average Teamster UPS driver? Someone boasting that they have twice the net worth as the average driver is what's really "weird" to me.

So....to address your question...."I can delete for you if you want me to or transfer it to a relevant thread. Let me know.?"

You do what you want Hoaxster....it will give me better insight into your character, prejudice, etc.. Just remember....I was responding to what many may feel was an equally offending analogy.....

satellitedriver

Talking about "weird".....I wonder where we obtain the "Net Worth" of the average Teamster UPS driver? Someone boasting that they have twice the net worth as the average driver is what's really "weird" to me.
I guess it would be weird to someone who has not read all the related threads on how drivers invest and how much they have accrued, as I have, over the past 8yrs.
It is weird when I talk to 25yr drivers in my center who do not even have $50,000.00 in their 401k.
The majority fall into the classic debt load over assets, which is the equation of net worth.
It is the basic 80/20 rule.

The very top percentile average, of long term UPS drivers, save, roughly, $10,000 for every year of service for retirement.
Many go into retirement with debt, which affects the equation of net worth.
I was being very generous saying I having only twice the average.

Tuff titties if you, or anyone else, is offended by my taking personal responsibility for my financial future.

I was born poor and married poor.
Through study and work ,"I ain't po, no mo", and I plan to keep it that way.

There is a beauty in being an old man.
You can just look and listen to smug ass punks, and just smile.

Nationwide, in the USA, the average American at the age of 55yrs old has a net worth of only $77,000.00.

Your anal--ogy smells more like envy.

aiian

Buy low, sell high. Makes sense to me but...

I can't even figure out how to dump mine - trading window is always CLOSED :knockedout: What's the trick?

You can't just sell your shares like that. If you have Class A shares you have to first convert them to Class B shares and then you can sell them. You have to print out this form that converts Class A to Class B, have it notarized and mail it in with a letter saying you want to sell your shares once it's been converted to Class B. I know this because I did this just earlier this week.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
I'll never understand why human beings attach so much importance to money. As if dollars were air, food or water. I've never known anyone who died wishing they had more money.
I guess it would be weird to someone who has not read all the related threads on how drivers invest and how much they have accrued, as I have, over the past 8yrs.
It is weird when I talk to 25yr drivers in my center who do not even have $50,000.00 in their 401k.
The majority fall into the classic debt load over assets, which is the equation of net worth.

The very top percentile average, of long term UPS drivers, save, roughly, $10,000 for every year of service for retirement.

Tuff titties if you, or anyone else, is offended by my taking personal responsibility for my financial future.

Nationwide, in the USA, the average American at the age of 55yrs old has a net worth of only $77,000.00.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

my wifes grandfather died a millionaire after saving and saving and saving,, it was raped to nothingness by his kin DAYS after he died.. i will enjoy my fruits of labor

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I asked a Guy who OWNS a wealth management firm on my route what he thought. He said that if members of the board are selling a lot of stock then they must know something bad is about to happen, such as weak earnings and things of that sort (his exact words).

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Where is that Atomic troll to blame it all on Obamacare? must have management meetings this week....

InsideUPS

Satellitedriver.....no envy here at all....

My single parent (mother) was a C.P.A... So, one thing I have learned about is..... money (Liabilites, Assets, and Net Worth) I have also learned to be humble in what I make and do in this world. FWIW....and certainly not bragging but since you brought it up..... I have owned and operated my own business since 1980..... A VERY profitable and unique business which is why I have remained PT at UPS ALL 34+ years.... My YEARLY NET is well over six figures NOT including my UPS (Red Circled Rate hourly rate). I have an M.S. Degree in the field of Science....and also...my TaxAct tax program informs me that I am in the top 5%...

So....what you may be "smelling" is something coming from "your direction".....or possibly from a sewage treatment plant...where a lot of crap comes from.. if you know what I mean. Beware of Fecal Coliform.....it can be deadly, especially to "Martians" ...

As others have said.... I was always taught never to idolize money... life is too short... .and what you have may very well end up in the hands of someone else that is burying you....or putting you in a nursing home..

Signed,
​Out of Here....