ARE UPS NES NEGOTIATORS HIGH?

542thruNthru

Explain this to me real fast...

Ok so say I bid 22.3 right

My building does not let 22.3 guys get ot.

So why would I want to work 8hr for 5 days when I could do 4x10s with the same pay check

Idk about u but in that situation I'm taking the 4x10

It's strange in my building 22.3 always get ot. I see people say they don't allow ot for 22.3 in their building all the time. Is it a supplemental thing?

Curious how they limit it. If I'm a Clerk and I still have work to do I'd file if they sent me home and gave it to someone with less seniority.

anHOURover

Simply put, you opened the door for UPS to rape you and your brothers. Soon they will change full-time driving positions to for 10 hour days with no OT. You don’t find this a problem?
How?
My job was 2 part time jobs that paid 8 and hour and nothing into the pension.
Now we got hundreds of new full time jobs and hundreds more paying into the pension. ITS NOT A CONCESSION
RON CAREY I LOVE YOU IN HEAVEN !

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
How?
My job was 2 part time jobs that paid 8 and hour and nothing into the pension.
Now we got hundreds of new full time jobs and hundreds more paying into the pension. ITS NOT A CONCESSION
RON CAREY I LOVE YOU IN HEAVEN !
So the part-timers were working five hours each? No I don’t think so. The fact is that it was more like three part-time positions to fill yours. And if UPS was not putting in for your part timers pension then your part-timers are getting shafted. So you mean to tell me that you can’t work overtime in a 22.3 job yet All of a sudden they can make you work 10 hours. That’s the most stupid thing I’ve ever heard in my life.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Explain this to me real fast...

Ok so say I bid 22.3 right

My building does not let 22.3 guys get ot.

So why would I want to work 8hr for 5 days when I could do 4x10s with the same pay check

Idk about u but in that situation I'm taking the 4x10
Because it allows the Company to have less employees, at straight time to complete the assigned duties formally performed by more employees.

Simply put, if the Company is proposing it, they perceive getting more for less.

I'm so tired of full time UPS employees giving up negotiated wages, in order "not to work".
I see it daily, employees who are willing to report, then stand against the wall to go home without earning a dime.

SMH

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
4 10's is not a concession AGAIN!
your "time Bone US" is a concession
i can't believe you are a union member posting about a production BONE US
YOU ARE WHATS WRONG WITH THIS UNION
R U N N E R

4 ten hours day so the Company gets 2 hours at straight time that they would have to pay overtime is a SELLOUT CONCESSION.

Boston25

I have about a 20 minute drive from my house to the building. I go to work to work not turn around and go home. I can't stand seeing guys walking into the building to turn around and leave.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I have about a 20 minute drive from my house to the building. I go to work to work not turn around and go home. I can't stand seeing guys walking into the building to turn around and leave.
Why would anyone put on a crap brown uniform and show up ready to work only to go back home is beyond me. Now, if I woke to a text that said, “We don’t need ya, stay in bed” that I may consider.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why would anyone put on a crap brown uniform and show up ready to work only to go back home is beyond me. Now, if I woke to a text that said, “We don’t need ya, stay in bed” that I may consider.

If I am dressed and ready to go I am going to work.

If I am called/texted before I leave the house I will be more than happy to stay home.