Steamtrain

1. How often do you really look for ways to pawn your mistakes off onto drivers?

2. Why does the company slap you guys on the wrist and brush under the rug the same kind of wrongdoings that would have a driver crucified and discharged?

3. Do you play good-cop-bad-cop with other members of management in an attempt to get drivers to disclose "useful" information?

4. When you stand up and talk about things like ORION and bulkhead occurrences, have you actually drank enough koolaid to feel sincerely about it, or do you just grit your teeth and run through it for the job even though you know full well it is silly and full of :censored2:?

1. I don't. If i make a mistake i own it.

2. The first slap for a driver is a talk with, a warning letter, ect. A slap on the wrist to management comes in the form of loss of MIP, and it gets worse. Is there times where management doesn't get held accountable to the standards we put on drivers? I would think yes, in the centers i been that has not been the case.

3. NO need to, they come to us. Usually its because people aren't carrying their weight. So people throw each other under the bus.

4. Orion is not that bad if the dispatcher puts the DOL in order, fixes commit times and properly optimizes it. I have drivers who really have better ways to run the route, so i make it trace that way. Win win.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
More than most now after moving out here. In Minny I would have been middle of the pack.
This gets lost sometimes I think.

So I assume management has some type of cost of living scale?

Cause I know of the couple places I have worked the drivers make more than the driver sups.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
This gets lost sometimes I think.

So I assume management has some type of cost of living scale?

Cause I know of the couple places I have worked the drivers make more than the driver sups.
Yes. I got a pretty good increase when I moved here. I was surprised they gave it to me because I elected to move instead of being forcefully transferred.

ManInBrown

1. I don't. If i make a mistake i own it.

2. The first slap for a driver is a talk with, a warning letter, ect. A slap on the wrist to management comes in the form of loss of MIP, and it gets worse. Is there times where management doesn't get held accountable to the standards we put on drivers? I would think yes, in the centers i been that has not been the case.

3. NO need to, they come to us. Usually its because people aren't carrying their weight. So people throw each other under the bus.

4. Orion is not that bad if the dispatcher puts the DOL in order, fixes commit times and properly optimizes it. I have drivers who really have better ways to run the route, so i make it trace that way. Win win.
The first slap for a driver is a talk with? LOLOL. Hey Johnny why were you 240 clicks over yesterday? You should have been back to the building at 1625. So how about all my pickups after 1700? Should I have ghosted them. Huh what huh? That's not the point. Why were you 240 clicks over? You guys are so funny. Does it hurt your head knowing your numbers are complete BS but you still need to discipline off them?

I used to cover a route that an on car toLd me, and I quote "superman couldn't scratch that route" back when I cared about numbers when I was new? Route had a whole bunch of pickups at 1845-1900 but the screen said I should rtb at 1730. You guys are funny

I love throwing out the old threat of a harassment grievance. Straightens the sups in my center out real quick. You guys must get dinged for them, about the same you get dinged for opting in 9.5 drivers. My center manager hates when he hears these words. "Take a close look at my dispatch and fix it, or you're going to have a new 9.5 driver" LOLOL

Dragon

Package Center Manager
The first slap for a driver is a talk with? LOLOL. Hey Johnny why were you 240 clicks over yesterday? You should have been back to the building at 1625. So how about all my pickups after 1700? Should I have ghosted them. Huh what huh? That's not the point. Why were you 240 clicks over? You guys are so funny. Does it hurt your head knowing your numbers are complete BS but you still need to discipline off them?

I used to cover a route that an on car toLd me, and I quote "superman couldn't scratch that route" back when I cared about numbers when I was new? Route had a whole bunch of pickups at 1845-1900 but the screen said I should rtb at 1730. You guys are funny

I love throwing out the old threat of a harassment grievance. Straightens the sups in my center out real quick. You guys must get dinged for them, about the same you get dinged for opting in 9.5 drivers. My center manager hates when he hears these words. "Take a close look at my dispatch and fix it, or you're going to have a new 9.5 driver" LOLOL

Harassment Grievance - like you said a threat, keep'em coming means I am doing my job cause you are going to hide behind the union instead of stepping up and doing your job.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

a district usually pays out like 50k in 9.5 grievances per year; that's not even the cost of a single extra driver

you can probably guess how incentivized your :censored2:ty contract language makes us to fix that problem lmao

35years

Gravy route
a district usually pays out like 50k in 9.5 grievances per year; that's not even the cost of a single extra driver

you can probably guess how incentivized your :censored2:ty contract language makes us to fix that problem lmao
And how many drivers now work far less hours because of the list... Not just the guys on the list, but the ones who mentioned their hours and the list and subsequently had their hours cut?

I have been around a lot longer than almost all of you. I have nothing to prove.

But I will tell you management has been pistol whipped into cutting hours so they don't have to pay 9.5s. Guys on the 9.5 are simply no longer forced into long weeks. Many more have their hours cut so they wont go on the list. This is a huge victory for drivers.

So, keep up the braggadocios talk. The lady doth protest too much, methinks

One of my favorite moments in my working career was watching my center manager bow down to the labor manager (after paying another 9.5), when he told him in no uncertain terms NO MORE 9.5s for this driver. 3 years and counting since the long hours...

Last edited:

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
And how many drivers now work far less hours because of the list... Not just the guys on the list, but the ones who mentioned their hours and the list and subsequently had their hours cut?

I have been around a lot longer than almost all of you. I have nothing to prove.

But I will tell you management has been pistol whipped into cutting hours so they don't have to pay 9.5s. Guys on the 9.5 are simply no longer forced into long weeks. Many more have their hours cut so they wont go on the list. This is a huge victory for drivers.

So, keep up the braggadocios talk. The lady doth protest too much, methinks

One of my favorite moments in my working career was watching my center manager bow down to the labor manager (after paying another 9.5), when he told him in no uncertain terms NO MORE 9.5s for this driver. 3 years and counting since the long hours...
okay so you just shift the work for a few days to someone else, no big deal

ManInBrown

Lmao Lmao. So let me get this straight. 9.5 is no big deal and you guys just happily pay the 50K per district grievances? So how come every time my steward tells the center manager he's got another 9.5 opt in driver, said center manager has a panic attack? Then that driver is immediately surveilled and in the office every day after that, for nothing but dumb sheet? Because 9.5 is no big deal, right? You guys crack me up. Lmao Lmao

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
okay so you just shift the work for a few days to someone else, no big deal

No big deal?
They are so scared of paying out on 9.5s that any opt in drivers (and those who threaten to opt in) usually only work 5 hours of OT a week.
Five years ago less than 10% of our drivers worked under 10 hrs OT per week, year round.
The center was forced to hire 20% more permanent drivers. How much does that cost?

So much for just shifting the work around.
ManInBrown is right. The center manager has a panic attack when another driver joins the list.

Multiply the number of drivers on the list by 3 to get an indication of how many drivers are actually getting their mandatory OT cut simply because they mention getting on the list.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
No big deal?
They are so scared of paying out on 9.5s that any opt in drivers (and those who threaten to opt in) usually only work 5 hours of OT a week.
Five years ago less than 10% of our drivers worked under 10 hrs OT per week, year round.
The center was forced to hire 20% more permanent drivers. How much does that cost?

So much for just shifting the work around.
ManInBrown is right. The center manager has a panic attack when another driver joins the list.

Multiply the number of drivers on the list by 3 to get an indication of how many drivers are actually getting their mandatory OT cut simply because they mention getting on the list.
center managers are a dime a dozen no one cares if they are freaking out because they are literal nobodies from the district point of view

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
From your posts it appears the only job important at this company is yours yet if you didn't show up for a month all the boxes would still get delivered.
people that matter:
anyone in the BPU district iilluminati group mostly ran by IE but composed of various sections)
the operations DM's (package + transportation)

what they say is divine and everyone else is 99% along for the ride; occasionally corporate or region interferes but only with the nod of the above

also if an IE stopped showing up, how would you know how many drivers to hire? how would you know your volume & stops?
put all that on the ops managers and let them run their own business how they like?

thats pretty dumb..

Last edited:

ManInBrown

center managers are a dime a dozen no one cares if they are freaking out because they are literal nobodies from the district point of view
Lmao guys like you crack me up

"9.5 is no big deal. We happily pay the grievance"

I just caught my OCS hiding in a tree stand watching me because I threatened to get on the 9.5. I think I saw him crying also. But it's no big deal. Lmao

Tell us another cool story.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Lmao you crack me up

"9.5 is no big deal. We happily pay the grievance"

I just caught my OCS hiding in a tree stand watching me because I threatened to get on the 9.5. I think I saw him crying also. But it's no big deal. Lmao

Tell us another cool story.

i hate to break this to you, but your OCS doesn't make any important decisions at UPS