Attention Couriers: The End is Nigh!

dezguy

You want to be recognized for a suggestion that others made?
Who said others already made that suggestion? I was told it couldn't be done, then a year or so later, the exact thing I suggested was rolled out on a ppad update.

Why not say that has been suggested by others but thanks for the suggestion? Why the secrecy?

vantexan

Who said others already made that suggestion? I was told it couldn't be done, then a year or so later, the exact thing I suggested was rolled out on a ppad update.

Why not say that has been suggested by others but thanks for the suggestion? Why the secrecy?
Our senior manager was gone for several weeks to Memphis, had a senior from Houston come up and watch things for us. He showed us a way to unload the cans faster that was also easier on us physically. Good guy, big smile, said let's work smarter, not harder. For several weeks we finished sort early and not nearly as wiped out. Second day our senior was back he saw what we were doing and said that's not policy. Made us go back to old way. Corporate mindset is follow the rules to the letter, even when there's a better way, so that nothing can possibly bite you later.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Our senior manager was gone for several weeks to Memphis, had a senior from Houston come up and watch things for us. He showed us a way to unload the cans faster that was also easier on us physically. Good guy, big smile, said let's work smarter, not harder. For several weeks we finished sort early and not nearly as wiped out. Second day our senior was back he saw what we were doing and said that's not policy. Made us go back to old way. Corporate mindset is follow the rules to the letter, even when there's a better way, so that nothing can possibly bite you later.
Lockstep is requisite to stay in the good graces of Memphis.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

And when you made the suggestion, it probably couldn't be done AT THAT TIME.

Beats me. Is it really that big of a deal to you?

dezguy

Fair enough, but it has a snowflake sound to it.
How so? They ask for input, I don't feel like our input is actually wanted so I don't bother anymore.

I don't see how it has a snowflake sound to it when, from what I have seen, they ask for input only to placate us.

XEQaF

A Corporate Mindset will destroy ones ability to lead in a dynamic and creative way. We talk about lockstep, FedEx is built from a military structure. Top down. Do as your told and this will break the spirit of any upcoming manager who can be innovative and progressive like the one Vantexan wrote about.

We all know the main objective is to survive Brown and other threats like Amazon. They will do this through finance, structure, policy and procedure. Yes those ideas may be developed at the top but innovation and development is from those working in the engine room. You must recognize their contributions and acknowledge their inputs because they want to be successful and are proud of the work they do.

Sadly FedEx is the mighty corporation who has lost sight of the importance in grassroots economies.

TUT

Yes that looks cheaper one robot and one package per route. /s The service would be so expensive that it wouldn't be worth it. Same amount of issues drones would have. Studies are showing people are aggressive towards robotics like this. But they got free press, venture successful, because that is the only thing that will be in this.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Someone remind me why we listen to 59 Dano again? Is it required in this playground? Asking for a friend

Because the alternative is gibberish such as:

A Corporate Mindset will destroy ones ability to lead in a dynamic and creative way. We talk about lockstep, FedEx is built from a military structure. Top down. Do as your told and this will break the spirit of any upcoming manager who can be innovative and progressive like the one Vantexan wrote about.

We all know the main objective is to survive Brown and other threats like Amazon. They will do this through finance, structure, policy and procedure. Yes those ideas may be developed at the top but innovation and development is from those working in the engine room. You must recognize their contributions and acknowledge their inputs because they want to be successful and are proud of the work they do.

Sadly FedEx is the mighty corporation who has lost sight of the importance in grassroots economies.

Star B

White Lightening
Someone remind me why we listen to 59 Dano again? Is it required in this playground? Asking for a friend
because occasionally he gives us good insight into the thoughts of management and will often give another talking point. Even though, as of late, it seems more trolly and/or more anti-frontline employee. While I may not agree with his viewpoints, as long as they aren't blabbered out of the rear end (hence why OF is on my ignore list), they are welcome.