TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Interesting. Sound like an analyst role. I wonder if the pay is good? Does IE stand for something?
industrial engineering is basically industrial analysis; you forecast volume, develop operating plans, create work standards/goals for the ops to follow, troubleshoot problem operations, and generally serve as the support for division managers and above

IE is the favorite scapegoat for the chronically bad-at-math people this company retains for god knows why

oldngray

nowhere special
364446.jpg

CentralSup

Your raises will be yearly following your annual review. How much you get is a percentage of your current hourly wage. If you score highly on your review you'll get a better raise. Something like 3-5%.

You won't get pay raises for being ESTA certified (every supervisor is ESTA certified) nor for being an acceptance auditor/trainer, a responder, or even LLAR certified.

As for benefits you get healthcare (that you pay for) and 401k. Tuition reimbursement is also a thing.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Do you know what the raises are for PT management? I doubt that this given but do they have bonuses? I'd figure I could ask for a pay raise based on merit with me having a degree. I got a lot of certifications at UPS (HAZMAT certified, ESTA certified, yard certified, etc.) and I'm cleared on my medical examination. I still need to pass the drive test to be DOT certified for the package cars at least. I think the FT sups above me are trying to utilize me as a on-road sup part-time. Not sure.
All of those certs are meaningless and don't make you stand out at all. Sorry to be blunt, but it's true.

Every PT Sup is ESTA and Yard Certified. Hazmat acceptance auditor or responder? Just doing the hazmat module is worthless. Again something everybody does.

Get your DOT and do your 30. That will help you. PT On Roads is a new thing going around the company with Saturday delivery. That may provide an opportunity. Called Flex.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I got my resume passed along to in the Accounting and Finance Department in Indianapolis. I also had my resume passed on in the Cincy IT department. I'll pass on sales/business development and I think Operations FT is really a seniority and sucking it up to your boss deal. I just wanted to see if you guys had any tips.
Check out Management Career Opportunities on UPSers and then apply. Don't count on a resume getting anywhere

industrial engineering is basically industrial analysis; you forecast volume, develop operating plans, create work standards/goals for the ops to follow, troubleshoot problem operations, and generally serve as the support for division managers and above

IE is the favorite scapegoat for the chronically bad-at-math people this company retains for god knows why
IE has been irrelevant since 1992.

newfie

I've tried but it's a tough market. I moved from Indianapolis to Cincinnati just to have a job. Is their no definite path here at UPS?

In UPsers there is a job openings section that can be set up to alert you to job openings that you may be looking for. have you tried it?