CentralSup

3-5% on a hourly wage isn't much. I'm taking advantage of the tuition reimbursement for my CPA at the moment. 401k and health insurance suck here. Any other benefits?

It really isn't much at all. You can buy stock at a discount. That's all I can think of.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
With the exception of a few jobs in this company, what your degree is in is meaningless. I majored in Commercial Aviation. Have my licenses and rated to fly jets. Literally nothing of what I learned is applicable to my daily job. Experience drives advancement here.

And a good set of knee pads

rocket man

Hi,

I started as a part-time supervisor back in May. I have a degree but I haven't been able to find a decent position. I was wondering what are the raises for part-time sup's? Are there any bonuses? You can obviously tell that my compensation at this position is very low. With a degree, can I leverage it to land a full-time position as plant engineer or somewhere else (IT, Accounting & Finance, etc.) within UPS. I'm currently in Operations as a part-time supervisor.

I realize that my current position isn't the best but I still want to see if I can move up into full-time and leverage it. I am looking for an evening shift. I know UPS has money. Any advice is helpful.

J92
If you're that smart ask a full-time supervisor instead of people on this go ahead and mr. Supervisor

J92

If you're that smart ask a full-time supervisor instead of people on this go ahead and mr. Supervisor

They know. They just don't care as much. It's more of a thing for them to have me do most of their job for them than to help me move up. I manage car wash folks, hazmat auditors, high value, oil and gas, clerks and customer counter and I'm assuming eventually drivers on-road. I doubt there looking at me to move up since it would be a hard sell to replace me.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
They know. They just don't care as much. It's more of a thing for them to have me do most of their job for them than to help me move up. I manage car wash folks, hazmat auditors, high value, oil and gas, clerks and customer counter and I'm assuming eventually drivers on-road. I doubt there looking at me to move up since it would be a hard sell to replace me.
There's a sucker born every minute. Everyone is replaceable.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I doubt there looking at me to move up since it would be a hard sell to replace me.
Then you need to nut up and apply in another building. Moving ain't easy, trust me, but if you let yourself get walked over just because they're dangling a carrot in front of your face you need to do it.

If you have no will to move, well you're just as responsible for being in your position as your supervisors and manager.

J92

Then you need to nut up and apply in another building. Moving ain't easy, trust me, but if you let yourself get walked over just because they're dangling a carrot in front of your face you need to do it.

If you have no will to move, well you're just as responsible for being in your position as your supervisors and manager.

Applied at a different location for FT in IE department. It was the only opening. It's status is pending now. For the DOT to drive small package cars, I have already completed and passed my DOT physical. What else needs to be done? Is there a driving test by UPS, etc.? Please provide any additional details to be DOT certified?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Applied at a different location for FT in IE department. It was the only opening. It's status is pending now. For the DOT to drive small package cars, I have already completed and passed my DOT physical. What else needs to be done? Is there a driving test by UPS, etc.? Please provide any additional details to be DOT certified?
Oh good Lord. This is why you don't have a full time job.

J92

Oh good Lord. This is why you don't have a full time job.

My FT sup said something about it taking him until Nov. to get me ready to pass the driver's test for DOT. Apparently every Saturday is training day from here on out. At which point, my FT sup will be out on leave in Nov. I can only guess whose taking his spot. As for the IE position, still pending. Hopefully, I land something before peak.

Hi,

I started as a part-time supervisor back in May. I have a degree but I haven't been able to find a decent position. I was wondering what are the raises for part-time sup's? Are there any bonuses? You can obviously tell that my compensation at this position is very low. With a degree, can I leverage it to land a full-time position as plant engineer or somewhere else (IT, Accounting & Finance, etc.) within UPS. I'm currently in Operations as a part-time supervisor.

I realize that my current position isn't the best but I still want to see if I can move up into full-time and leverage it. I am looking for an evening shift. I know UPS has money. Any advice is helpful.

J92

About 6 months ago, I took the new Management test (MRE), I'm fixing to take it again in January once peak season is over with. I failed it the first time. I'm trying to find some way of studying or get a feel of it because I really need to pass this so that I can do something different and try to better myself. I know I will not get paid much more than what I am getting paid now as an hourly, but I need to do something when it comes to my kids and paying more on bills than what I do now. Is there anyway you could help me because any help would be appreciated.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
IE is not a starter position guy, jumping into it without a decent grounding in many other things doesn't work well

fotonut7

Jury Duty Pay
UPS is a company that you can move up quickly. Show initiative and be willing to help. Learn as much as you can about what ever position you hold. My manager wanted me to apply for the on car position 2 years after I was hired. I chose not to because of having kids at home and my husband worked so many hours. See if they will let you be a seasonal driver next summer. That will give you more chances to get full time positions. Good luck.